Chicago Mayor Announces Plans To Renovate Soldier Field Into A Dome (EDIT: Bears Announce Plans For Domed Lakefront Stadium)

Daps
Chicago simply wants to sell out and cater to their base (shoutouts to the Braves)

NY teams ain't in NY because it's cheaper in Jersey and everything becomes a political issue in terms of what a stadium can do for revitalizing the neighborhood and shyt. We can't even get a soccer stadium built in NYC for wayyy cheaper without someone whining about schools their stank ass kids won't attend and some politician cockblocking for votes.

ahh that's why NYCFC still at Yankee stadium.. :scust:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Chicago would be next on the list of Superbowl cities with a dome once done.

they just throwing shyt against the walls cuz the bears trying to break their lease and leave the city.

furthermore, soldier field is owned by the park district. not the city. so they can't just build domes off GP.

on top of that, soldier field is still the 2nd smallest capacity stadium in the NFL. the dome won't change that.

also, soldier field is on the lakefront here, but trying to access it is inconvenient as hell because it's on a peninsula with one way on and one way off. and it's not easy to take public transportation to it, and it's a long walk from the train.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I was planning to go to Solider Field to catch a game this year. Never been to an outdoor stadium for football, hoe ass Lions play in that p*ssy-ass dome.

Also, Solider Field one of the last stadium that has not sold the naming rights. Hate them corporate ass names for stadiums now.

dude, going to a cold weather football game is NOT fun. I do not wanna go to a game after october. from what I understand, ford field in detroit is one of the best stadiums in the league.

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Chicago simply wants to sell out and cater to their base (shoutouts to the Braves)

NY teams ain't in NY because it's cheaper in Jersey and everything becomes a political issue in terms of what a stadium can do for revitalizing the neighborhood and shyt. We can't even get a soccer stadium built in NYC for wayyy cheaper without someone whining about schools their stank ass kids won't attend and some politician cockblocking for votes.
I really hope those Harlem River Yards rumors are true :sadcam:

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
From the same city that hired a corrupt school superintendent to oversee the closure of over 50 schools mostly in predominately black areas because they "didn't have the money"

And hired a puppet head of the CHA to oversee the closure of the projects leading to skyrockets violence throughout the city and skyrocket rise in homelessness

But this same city seems to always have money to build up the tourist areas and the new districts and now they done surprisingly found more money for renovations to soldier field while the south and west sides get more poverty stricken and dilapidated. Smh

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
LA too, Inglewood is a 30 minute drive away on a good day. I know there were plans to build a downtown LA stadium in the mid 2000s, but never materialized.

Damn i though Inglewood was LA. Yeah this shyt crazy these owners rather not pay to play in the city but go to the surburb to get Tax breaks etc...

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Dome? I hope not.

That raw feel of watching teams play in the cold and out in the elements late in the season/playoffs is apart of the appeal of the Northeast/Midwestern football.

Someone correct me if I wrong but Chi Town isn't as cold as Minnesota is during the winter, so I can understand the Vikings having a dome, but the Bears?

If the Bears get domed up at least will still have the northeast cities and Green Bay for cold weather football :ld: