Chicago Mayor Announces Plans To Renovate Soldier Field Into A Dome (EDIT: Bears Announce Plans For Domed Lakefront Stadium)

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
They better not offer any tax breaks to them for the stadium either. We not finna pay billions for them to stay in Chicago for 9 games out of the year. The only benefit I can think of is if the players all pay city taxes on their salaries and we'll lose that money if they relocate.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
this shyt would NEVER happen. and even if so, they'd never get it done in time. there simply isn't enough room where soldier field is currently located to accomodate all these changes. also, taxpayers, like me, should NOT be footing the bill either.

if this was an actual legitimate option, this should have been done in the early 2000's when they initially remodeled the stadium, which caused it to loose it's landmark status.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Lightfoot and the rest of the city leaders Need to take the L :yeshrug: The bears are moving they can even offer soldier field to the bears and I still think they move they’re trying to build sofi 2.0

the bears want a full complex like how the cubs do around wrigley. the difference is that the ricketts own wrigley and they bought a shytload of land around the park and converted it to hotels, restaurants and bars.

the bears don't own soldier field (chicago park district does) and they don't own any land around soldier field.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Deserve? What’s that based on? :skip:
Bears have loyal fans and a strong national fanbase that has supported the team through decades of ineptitude. We have the oldest stadium in the league, that got a shytty renovation, and is controlled by the Parks committee. The team absolutely owes it to the fans to provide a better experience. What’s confusing to you?

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Bears have loyal fans and a strong national fanbase that has supported the team through decades of ineptitude. We have the oldest stadium in the league, that got a shytty renovation, and is controlled by the Parks. committee. The team absolutely owes it to the fans to provide a better experience. What’s confusing to you?
If the revenue was there then this wouldn’t even be a topic of discussion. All that loyal fans nostalgic, intangible shyt not holding weight. If it was a winning franchise that generated more money, we’re not having this dance that we’ve been doing for years now. So to answer your question, there’s not a goddamn thing I’m confused about.

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Lightfoot and the rest of the city leaders Need to take the L :yeshrug: The bears are moving they can even offer soldier field to the bears and I still think they move they’re trying to build sofi 2.0

From what I have read, Lightfoot brushed it off until the media hit. Maybe she didn't know the Bears could pay off the contract and move out? Fumble of a lifetime on her end.