Charlie Strong fired

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know what's all at play behind the scenes. But it seems Fenves (President) is trying to hedge his bets. If UT trunces TCU and they can't get a deal done with Herman this week, he slow plays this, and MAYBE, BIG MAYBE, brings Strong back. I bet they are trying to get the Herman deal done this week. I don't think they have confidence in bringing a name that isn't Herman or Jimbo Fisher as HC.

that's what i'm thinking...the herman (or whomever big name replacement) deal aint done yet, so he trying to cover his ass in case they cant get it done....

DAlbert

All Star
Daps
I don't know what's all at play behind the scenes. But it seems Fenves (President) is trying to hedge his bets. If UT trunces TCU and they can't get a deal done with Herman this week, he slow plays this, and MAYBE, BIG MAYBE, brings Strong back. I bet they are trying to get the Herman deal done this week. I don't think they have confidence in bringing a name that isn't Herman or Jimbo Fisher as HC.
lol na man the word is Strong is resigning at the press conference tomorrow

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
you ignoring we talking about texas, so it is about those things...texas thinks they are college football elite, whether it's realistic or not based off the team.....if it wasnt, mack brown wouldnt have been run out of town even though he was consistently winning 10+ games a year...

you talking about seeing improvements: well, we are talking about charlie...he doesnt get the instant success recruiting classes off the bat like a saban, fisher, etc., so to see improvements, you have to give him time, cause his classes/players get better as they get older....i mean damn, at least let him see his first recruiting class through....

true, it is established that's how we gotta be, doesnt mean we have to sit back and be quiet about it/accept it....

like i said: i'm just glad it's finally over, didnt like how they were just dangling the brotha's job over his head with ever game from day 1...

When i say improvements I mean not having so many stupid penalties, being bad tacklers, having the same problematic defense that can't stop anyone by Big 12 standards, the same inconsistent offense and bad special teams. Those were day 1 problems that are still there year 3. Those are things that a HC cleans up and it adds a few more wins to the schedule.
He had an uphill battle but they look the same as when he took over. If he wins 9 games this year he gets another year, if he wins 8 he probably gets retained but some of these losses you can't have.
He knew what kind of job Texas is, short leash job with a lot of booster and fan base pressure. He never had enough wins to even quiet them down a little bit.
As much as I wanted him to succeed like you I'm glad he'll be at another school where he can do his thing without all this pressure and people on his back.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
the only way he couldve done that was win a big 12 and/or a nat ship, and that wasnt realistic with the team he took over....so did he really have a chance? no...to further illustrate the point: they didnt even let him see a recruiting class go through, but you saying they gave him a chance...lol.....

like i said: what's done is done, just curious to see these same folks reactions if herman doesnt win the big 12 and/or a nat ship in 3 years...see if people call for his head like they were doing strong from day 1....

Jim Harbaugh took over a Michigan team that went 8-5, 7-6, and 5-7. He took over a recruiting class that got progressively worse and went 10-3 in year ONE.

Mack Brown only had 1 losing season in 16 years at Texas. He went 8-5 in his final season.

Strong went 6-7 in year one, 5-7 in year two. He was 5-6 when he got fired and probably would've lost to TCU to go 5-7 again.

We're talking zero progress breh. Numbers don't lie.

Lets talking recruiting.

His first recruiting class was ranked 15th
His second recruiting class was ranked 7th

But you're getting progressively worse :mindblown:

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
:mindblown: Y'all do know we have an UT thread that kind of explains all of this.

@lutha you are way off base here. 7-5 likely would have given Charlie another year. It wasn't about him winning Big 12 Championships or making the playoffs right off the bat or even this year, but it is about losing to teams like Kansas in year 3, or giving up 50 points in 3 straight games.

And if Herman comes here and have similar results, yes, he WILL be fired after year 3 as well.

This really ain't about an old good ole boy system, bottom line is Charlie did not perform up to standards. Him being a good, stand up guy, players coach etc.. doesn't matter win the team ain't winning. Dude overall has a losing record here in 3 years and y'all really faulting UT for firing him?

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Can't lose to Kansas for the first time in a generation. Especially can't do it the same week the wonderboy prodigy alum at UH shreds Lville. The boosters want Herman and he wants UT they're not going to screw this up to accommodate Charlie and all his supporters. I was raised to always root for black coaches, but at this point I can't blame them for making a change. Too many gameday errors, too many staffing mistakes, not enough progress on D.

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
i use to root for all black coaches, but now i look into who they are because this social media age has taught me that a lot of black celebs and athletes are fukkin c00ns. people like him and sumlin probably don't even see race ... or try to convince themselves it doesn't matter.
Both him and sumlin have white wives

That says enough