Charlie Strong fired

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
:mindblown: Y'all do know we have an UT thread that kind of explains all of this.

@lutha you are way off base here. 7-5 likely would have given Charlie another year. It wasn't about him winning Big 12 Championships or making the playoffs right off the bat or even this year, but it is about losing to teams like Kansas in year 3, or giving up 50 points in 3 straight games.

And if Herman comes here and have similar results, yes, he WILL be fired after year 3 as well.

This really ain't about an old good ole boy system, bottom line is Charlie did not perform up to standards. Him being a good, stand up guy, players coach etc.. doesn't matter win the team ain't winning. Dude overall has a losing record here in 3 years and y'all really faulting UT for firing him?

Its simple if you look at it.

If you go to a prestigious program with its own TV network.. you have to win. 3 years is enough to gauge if it's going to work.

If he went to a lower profile team like Kentucky, New Mexico or Tulsa he would've have way more leeway.

At the end of the day he should've stayed at Louisville. but he got greedy and wanted more validation.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Too hard to consistently dominate in the big 12, when even the bottom of the barrel schools can still put 40-50 on you.

Strong bit more than he can hew but hopefully he doesn't get Turner Gill or other black coaches who don't get a good time gig again.

Herman isn't going to do anything though it's going to be like when Randy Shannon got axed for this cac in a tie al golden

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
i use to root for all black coaches, but now i look into who they are because this social media age has taught me that a lot of black celebs and athletes are fukkin c00ns. people like him and sumlin probably don't even see race ... or try to convince themselves it doesn't matter.
Both him and sumlin have white wives

That says enough
I don't know about Sumlin, but Coach Strong NEVER gave off a c00n vibe.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
exactly....only reason he lasted this long is cause he beat okl....losing to kansas was just the 'excuse' they needed to finally pull the trigger....i'm just glad it's done, cause this was a 'worst kept decision that people knew was coming' kinda thing....

just curious to see how texas people act if herman gets there and doesnt win the big 12 nor have texas playing for the playoffs in his first 3 years....
Pay a coach 30 million bucks to hope he fails, brehs. This makes no sense. Dude was garbage at UT, save the fake outrage. He got what he deserved to get. Fired.

CurrencyChase

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ohio, Iowa, & Minnesota
She answered her own question.

This isn't amatuerism,this is a professional minor league that gets away with not paying it's players because it pushes the "student athlete" angle and gases up the masses.
Texas is not going to pay 20 million for a guidance counselor. I'm sure they don't mind of he take that role and help guide these young men for 50-100 thousand a year but not at 20 milly. Thats pay for someone to win football games.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jim Harbaugh took over a Michigan team that went 8-5, 7-6, and 5-7. He took over a recruiting class that got progressively worse and went 10-3 in year ONE.

Mack Brown only had 1 losing season in 16 years at Texas. He went 8-5 in his final season.

Strong went 6-7 in year one, 5-7 in year two. He was 5-6 when he got fired and probably would've lost to TCU to go 5-7 again.

We're talking zero progress breh. Numbers don't lie.

Lets talking recruiting.

His first recruiting class was ranked 15th
His second recruiting class was ranked 7th

But you're getting progressively worse :mindblown:

jim is a better recruiter than charlie...he gets those classes that can make an impact in 1 year, charlie doesnt, never has...

what was your point about mack brown?...i talked about him in another post, saying how they ran him out was bullshyt and based off delusion...

i get the numbers, not defending that, just saying i disagreed with what you said about a fair shot....to me, to say the man had a fair shot is bullshyt...they were questioning that man and ready to fire him the min he signed the contract....

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mindblown: Y'all do know we have an UT thread that kind of explains all of this.

@lutha you are way off base here. 7-5 likely would have given Charlie another year. It wasn't about him winning Big 12 Championships or making the playoffs right off the bat or even this year, but it is about losing to teams like Kansas in year 3, or giving up 50 points in 3 straight games.

And if Herman comes here and have similar results, yes, he WILL be fired after year 3 as well.

This really ain't about an old good ole boy system, bottom line is Charlie did not perform up to standards. Him being a good, stand up guy, players coach etc.. doesn't matter win the team ain't winning. Dude overall has a losing record here in 3 years and y'all really faulting UT for firing him?

i admit, i'm not a texas fan, so i'm not as deep into the situation as some of yall....if yall say that's how it was, i take yall word for it...

as for if herman (or whomever) gets the same treatment, we'll have to wait and see....

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pay a coach 30 million bucks to hope he fails, brehs. This makes no sense. Dude was garbage at UT, save the fake outrage. He got what he deserved to get. Fired.

you act like texas hurting over that 30 mil lol...that's beside the point....the point was they might not have paid him to fail, but they sure as hell didnt have his back...they made that clear from the min he was rumored to sign as the coach to the time he was fired....

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
jim is a better recruiter than charlie...he gets those classes that can make an impact in 1 year, charlie doesnt, never has...

what was your point about mack brown?...i talked about him in another post, saying how they ran him out was bullshyt and based off delusion...

i get the numbers, not defending that, just saying i disagreed with what you said about a fair shot....to me, to say the man had a fair shot is bullshyt...they were questioning that man and ready to fire him the min he signed the contract....

Michigan had the 6th best recruiting class last year Texas had the 7th :francis:

It's all about coaching

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Michigan had the 6th best recruiting class last year Texas had the 7th :francis:

It's all about coaching

yes, coaching matters, so does other shyt like schedules/who they playing, how players develop, etc.....

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Its simple if you look at it.

If you go to a prestigious program with its own TV network.. you have to win. 3 years is enough to gauge if it's going to work.

If he went to a lower profile team like Kentucky, New Mexico or Tulsa he would've have way more leeway.

At the end of the day he should've stayed at Louisville. but he got greedy and wanted more validation.
Some coaches get it

Rich rod ran and hid at arizona where he can lose 8 games and be okay as long as he doesnt do it twice
Mike leach at wazu
Gundy aint leaving oklahoma state
Chris peterson passed on usc for washington for a reason

Tide Run This

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Garnet N Gold
Some coaches get it

Rich rod ran and hid at arizona where he can lose 8 games and be okay as long as he doesnt do it twice
Mike leach at wazu
Gundy aint leaving oklahoma state
Chris peterson passed on usc for washington for a reason

No one saying shyt about Rich Rod them nikkas really 2-9 they are the WOAT Pac 12 team at the moment but no one even gives a fukk. Even Todd Graham who is supposed to be a defensive guy got ASU a 10 win season early now this cat sitting back coasting going on 5 game losing streaks after starting 5-1. If Strong was smart he should sit back and wait for one of those Pac 12 gigs to open up the only school where you really get heat on you is USC you can lose 8-9 games one season and get a pass more often than not.

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yes, coaching matters, so does other shyt like schedules/who they playing, how players develop, etc.....

How players develop is also part of coaching.

And you can't blame the schedule on Strongs struggles. He's in the worst power 5 conference in terms of talent if he was in a better conference it would be even uglier

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think what we are seeing is Fenves being careful after the Saban debacle. He wants to make sure he can lock down Herman this week, before firing Strong. If Herman won't commit and Texas beats TCU, he may still be back. Because bringing Hugh Freeze or Fedora does nothing to incentivize the boosters or the fanbase. It makes it look like we are starting over. If they can't land Herman, they may as well bring Strong back for a 4th year. PR wise it would make UT look good also.