Charlamagne tha God: "DEI is garbage"

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Where did I say anything was a net negative?
:what:
DEI is anti-black male misandry so I agree with Charlotteman..DEI was created for gays, hispanics, and women...but Coli ain't ready to have the conversation
Do you define something being "anti black male" as a positive or a negative concept?

You also claimed that DEI was "created" for gays and Hispanic yet when I asked you who created it you pointed to EEO a statute that came from the civil rights act

CBalla

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
A spoonfer Louisiana nikka who never had a job calling someone a c00n :dead:. These the most dangerous type of negros @Houston911
You think cacs will give us the tools and initiatives to get even with them you need to pickup a malcolm x book and stop being insecure my guy :salute:

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
Anti-DEI advocates can never answer what is a realistic solution besides DEI, and how will that solution fix the reason why an empty performative gesture like DEI was instituted in the first place.
Lets use some basic logic. If Blacks are getting nearly all the negative public outrage over DEI, while not being the exclusive or even primary beneficiaries of DEI, yet putting in the most work to defend it (NAACP telling Black athletes to forfeit college scholarships) thats a net negative foe Black people. So a replacement solution isnt even needed to produce a more positive outcome.

The real solution hasnt changed since slavery. Blacks must create our own, and hire our own. Its the reason why Black dudes like MKBHD should get the side eye for never being seen working with other Blacks in his productions. Tyler Perry should be rightfully praised for the Blacks he provides gainful employment to, or Robert Smith who paid off the student loans of an entire class of HBCU students.

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
In the past, I’ve been negative about it because at the company where I was working at the time; all I saw was the sassy gay breh who was in charge of it and his brehette assistant. And they didn’t seem to do much.

But at other organizations, DEI staff implement programs for Black people and other minorities, as well as disabled employees.

It all depends on how much power the DEI folks have in a company.

King Jove

King Of †he Gawds
Daps
Reppin
[redacted]
Lets use some basic logic. If Blacks are getting nearly all the negative public outrage over DEI, while not being the exclusive or even primary beneficiaries of DEI, yet putting in the most work to defend it (NAACP telling Black athletes to forfeit college scholarships) thats a net negative foe Black people. So a replacement solution isnt even needed to produce a more positive outcome.

Black people would get negative public outrage without DEI because they got it before DEI was even instituted. The prospects of black people in the white collar world post DEI is better than pre so DEI has been a net positive.

chiefdogg

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree. As someone working in tech and living through all their lip services about DEI, it didn’t change anything for black representation other hiring office mammy’s to take on DEI/People Officer roles - glorified “how can we make your life better at the office” babysitters
Facts, and I've been working in Tech over 20+ years. I will say this and not to disparage my sister's they will hire sisters over a black man in leadership positions. I say that and even mys sisters notice that and shake their head. Peace

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
Black people would get negative public outrage without DEI because they got it before DEI was even instituted. The prospects of black people in the white collar world post DEI is better than pre so DEI has been a net positive.
Got any stats to back that up? The use of the abreviation DEI is what 5 years old?

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
In the past, I’ve been negative about it because at the company where I was working at the time; all I saw was the sassy gay breh who was in charge of it and his brehette assistant. And they didn’t seem to do much.

But at other organizations, DEI staff implement programs for Black people and other minorities, as well as disabled employees.

It all depends on how much power the DEI folks have in a company.
Correct

King Jove

King Of †he Gawds
Daps
Reppin
[redacted]
Got any stats to back that up? The use of the abreviation DEI is what 5 years old?

People of color make up a minority of the US population, and in most cases are underrepresented at big US companies. In 2021, Hispanic, Asian and Black people made up a vast majority of the added workers — a trend that, analysts say, is necessary to overcome their historic underrepresentation.

+462 Black Executives
+7.6K Black Managers
+15.6K Black Professionals

SnugglesDaBear

Superstar
Daps
I agree. As someone working in tech and living through all their lip services about DEI, it didn’t change anything for black representation other hiring office mammy’s to take on DEI/People Officer roles - glorified “how can we make your life better at the office” babysitters
No.

My job started a DEI council and created a certification program for black program managers that allowed us to network with other black professionals in various fields. It's been a great opportunity for me.
Yes, exactly.

+462 Black Executives
+7.6K Black Managers
+15.6K Black Professionals
This!