Charlamagne tha God: "DEI is garbage"

CBalla

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
DEI is mostly symbolic, makes a corporation look good. Ive met a few black people that are getting paid off of it.

At the end of the day the folks at the top of the pyramid are still gonna be cacs.

North of Death

All Star
Bushed
Daps
So your argument is that the EEO... Which originated out of several elements of Civil Rights legislation has had a net negative impact on black men in the workplace since the 1970s when it was passed. Do I have you correct?

Where did I say anything was a net negative?

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Welp, it’s a wrap.

All it takes is one famous black person to say this publicly, and it’s a wrap.

Saying this on a show that im pretty sure most black people dont watch or care about is out of pocket:francis:

But this is that dave Chapelle brand of comedy alot of posters love and champion.

Im not mad at DEI ,but im not delusioned to think it "helps black people". It helps some black individuals in the corprate world who have a high probability of not giving a damn about black people. Same as these contracting gigs and affirmative action.

Its just about lifting up enough well to do black people,who they can parade around and pretend they represent the black community as a whole.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is not a good argument. I can't sit around blowing up my spot but DEI initiatives have led to black folks being picked up in my organization because there is demand for it internally and from the customer base. Yes it also includes other minorities and people of varying sexual preferences, but the others and those were other sexual preferences were already there in greater numbers, but DEI seems to just have people living openly and proudly what they minimized (ex. People wear cultural garb and openly observe what they want without white big wigs coming down on them.)

5 years isn't a long time for anything to be in place. Saying "Its a failure" ignores the places that take it seriously. Using bad advertising as a counter-argument is super short-sighted.

CBalla

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Saying this on a show that im pretty sure most black people dont watch or care about is out of pocket:francis:

But this is that dave Chapelle brand of comedy alot of posters love and champion.

Im not mad at DEI ,but im not delusioned to think it "helps black people". It helps some black individuals in the corprate world who have a high probability of not giving a damn about black people. Same as these contracting gigs and affirmative action.

Its just about lifting up enough well to do black people,who they can parade around and pretend they represent the black community as a whole.
Corporate c00ns like @Loose are unable to understand these facts. They still think the DEI that cacs GIVE them is going to empower us :russ:

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
DEI isn't a race issue..its an LGBTQIA, immigrant, and women's issue
But that's not what you just said...If DEI isn't a race issue how is it hurting a specific race of people like you said in your first post?

I'm just looking for you to answer the question I asked you in my last post. I'm not doing a gotcha I just would like you to back up your original claim with some factual information to better get where you're coming from.