Charlamagne tha God: "DEI is garbage"

In The Zone '98

Superstar
Daps
As he says on his pod. People take what they want for their narrative.

He literally says this every week. Lol.

DEI is garbage

Because it doesn't lead to black leadership of institutions (Need more data)

It empowers racists to be openly racist

Elon didn't even watch the video. Why would.he co sign something calling him racist.

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps

+462 Black Executives
+7.6K Black Managers
+15.6K Black Professionals

Real talk. Is every new Black hire today reported as a DEI hire?
:jbhmm:
What you posted lacks any context. No prior date or date range for comparison. If they only counted fiscal year 2021, that was the year of mass COVID hirings who are now getting laid off in 2024.

Im a pro reparations Breh. I know Blacks have been wronged by the US government and corporations for decades, but programs like Affirmative Action and now DEI havent given Blacks real power, just only White consideration. They haven't reduced the Black/White wealth gap yet undisputedly helped reduce the wealth gap between White men and White women though.

This shyt is too old for you young brothers to continue to be duped by it. Its like listening to conservatives who still promote supply side economics despite 50 years of failure.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
As he says on his pod. People take what they want for their narrative.

He literally says this every week. Lol.

Elon didn't even watch the video. Why would.he co sign something calling him racist.
Becuse he also wants to paint DEI in a negative light it doesn't matter what the root differences are with someone else's gripe about its the fact that they agree that it's "bullshyt" as that is the headline obviously

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
What you posted lacks any context. No prior date or date range for comparison. If they only counted fiscal year 2021, that was the year of mass COVID hirings who are now getting laid off in 2024.

Im a pro reparations Breh. I know Blacks have been wronged by the US government and corporations for decades, but programs like Affirmative Action and now DEI havent given Blacks real power, just only White consideration. They haven't reduced the Black/White wealth gap yet undisputedly helped reduce the wealth gap between White men and White women though.

This shyt is too old for you young brothers to continue to be duped by it. Its like listening to conservatives who still promote supply side economics despite 50 years of failure.
What does a "DEI hire" look like :what: and why are you correlating DEI hires with alleged covid firings?

King Jove

King Of †he Gawds
Daps
Reppin
[redacted]

Programs like Affirmative Action and DEI are nothing more than a performative Liberal bandaid on a sinking ship.

White people have had a 400+ year head start with an economy specifically built for them to succeed at the expense of everybody else including black people.

There is no policy that is going drastically reduce the Black/White wealth gap anything short of a drastic redistribution of wealth after a violent revolution, and since most black people are not willing to take it to that level, the next best thing is to take advantage of any policy that black people can use to their advantage within the framework of a "liberal democracy".

Last edited:

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
And I hope on everything that the non DEI brigade finds HIS azz and gets him out the paint.

What he and some of y'all dont get is: CRT DEI Woke and all these buzzwords are substitutes for old fashioned racism.

CRT isn't taught in middle school. Doesn't matter. Use CRT to stop teaching Black history all together.

DEI is not the reason every single Black person who has a decent job is employed. Doesn't matter. Fire all Black people who are above entry level.

Woke means aware. Doesn't matter. Everytime someone points out systematic racism just scream "Woke crap" with your fingers in your ears

Last edited:

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
It is garbage and perpetuates the continued narrative that black people cant achieve anything without and hand out and devalues everyone who does have that position.

But that don’t matter people lack any nuance these days so do what you want :yeshrug:

I know plenty of DEI consultants looking for jobs these days cause after Floyd those white companies dropped the act and got back to business as usual. Begging won’t save us only our own intellectual development and growth :unimpressed:

"Hand outs"

Just say you don't know what a DEI program really is and keep it moving

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
DEI largely benefits white women and some black women. It created a separate HR layer of administration jobs and positions for them to hoard. I have a management position at one of the largest financial firms in the world, I've watched this happen. I don't fukk with CTG but the reason certain influencers are going to spend the next week attacking him is because he exposed their hustle. It doesn't work and companies largely know it doesn't work. But because change comes pretty slow, these influencers will continue to be invited to give (paid) brain dead speeches to Burger King's corporate staff.

Am I saying stop sensitivity training? No. But it's time to admit that when you see ads about how diverse a majority white company is, or about how much an oil/gas corporation cares about climate change, you are being lied to in order to keep you happy and complacent. Feel good consumerism. That's all this is.

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
Programs like Affirmative Action and DEI are nothing more than a performative Liberal bandaid on a sinking ship.

White people have had a 400+ year head start with an economy specifically built for them to succeed at the expense of everybody else including black people.

There is no policy that is going drastically reduce the Black/White wealth gap anything short of a drastic redistribution of wealth after a violent revolution, and since most black people are not willing to take it to that level, the next best thing is to take advantage of any policy that black people can use to their advantage within the framework of a "liberal democracy".
Again, as long as we are fighting the hardest for it, getting the most backlash from supporting it, while only tangentially benefitting from it, its a net negative. Taking the blame that should be going to White women and the LGBTQA community doesn't come without costs. Our efforts could be better put into pushing top Black academic and athletic talent into HCBUs. Imagine if an HCBU has the most top football or basketball recruits? How about Brow-beating successful blacks into giving back to the Black community. Here are some simple ideas I've posted here numerous times:

1. Successful Black people loan $1 million dollars each to start Credit Unions in low income Black areas, where the money will be repaid in 10 years. The Credit Unions will offer free check cashing and lower interest loans.

2. Local successful Black men can form local mentoring groups like SCORE for young Black entrepreneurs. I used SCORE to help start my business.

3. Press Black Musical celebrities to donate to their old high school, to re-start band and orchestra programs in Black schools.

4. Create a Worker Co-op framework for Black entrepreneurs to safely join up with other Blacks in their communities to build businesses where the workers all benefit and have incentive for the business's success. Its an easy vehicle to lure outside funding to start up or boost.

Last edited:

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
Saying this on a show that im pretty sure most black people dont watch or care about is out of pocket:francis:

But this is that dave Chapelle brand of comedy alot of posters love and champion.

Im not mad at DEI ,but im not delusioned to think it "helps black people". It helps some black individuals in the corprate world who have a high probability of not giving a damn about black people. Same as these contracting gigs and affirmative action.

Its just about lifting up enough well to do black people,who they can parade around and pretend they represent the black community as a whole.

Why do a lot of you dudes that post on this site have this perspective that only black people still mired in poverty are having a legitimate and authentic African American experience? You only associate genuine blackness with hardship?

Let me tell you something, breh. Most black people in this country come from some disadvantaged circumstance(s). When you hail from certain things, for most people, despite whatever you achieve after—that shyt stays with you. It’s not something you can just eschew. I haven’t had to eat a Miracle Whip sandwich for dinner in years, but I still can vividly recall what it tastes like, as if I had one earlier today. I’ve acquired more education than I ever thought I would, and I still see my struggle as inextricably tied to poor and impoverished AA’s, because that was my station the overwhelming majority of my life.

I know you’re one of those weird boule boogeyman dudes, but our issue is not “corporate” black people. One of our issues is the persons paraded as our proverbial spokespeople are wholly ill-equipped to be such. Charlemagne cannot cite you one peer-reviewed study on the effect of DEI, but he has such definitive stances on it. Most of these people who get in these spaces are essentially espousing barbershop canards to the world as empirical fact.

Last edited:

King Jove

King Of †he Gawds
Daps
Reppin
[redacted]
Again, as long as we are fighting the hardest for it, getting the most backlash from supporting it, while only tangentially benefitting from it, its a net negative. Taking the blame that should be going to White women and the LGBTQA community doesn't come without costs. Our efforts could be better put into pushing top Black academic and athletic talent into HCBUs. Imagine if an HCBU has the most top football or basketball recruit? How about Brow-beating successful blacks into giving back to the Black community. Here are some simple ideas I've posted here numerous times:

1. Successful Black people loan $1 million dollars to start Credit Unions in low income Black areas, where the money will be repaid in 10 years. The Credit Unions will offer free check cashing and lower interest loans.

2. Local successful Black men can form local mentoring groups like SCORE for young Black entrepreneurs.

3. Press Black Musical celebrities to donate to their old high school, to re-start band and orchestra programs in Black schools.

4. Create a Worker Co-op framework for Black entrepreneurs to safely join up with other Blacks in their communities to build businesses where the workers all benefit and have incentive for the business's success. Its an easy vehicle to lure outside funding to start up or boost.

Black people are going to get backlash no matter what.

You gotta give up this respectability politics shyt to appease racist white people who simply don't want black people in any white collar positions at all. DEI or no DEI.

Pressing successful black people and black celebrities to do anything for black people is foolish because the black bourgeoisie don't give a fukk about working class black people, and there is no real retribution because black people don't have a strong enough class consciousness yet. The last time we got close, it was systemically dismantled by the US Government. shyt, black people tell you to "stop pocket watching" when you tell wealthy black folks what they should do with their money. We've cultivated a culture of materialism, consumerism, rugged individualism, competition with one another, and a disdain for the working class, and that isn't changing anytime soon.

These things sound good in theory but the problem is it puts the onus on the individual through individual action, and the black individuals with the means to do those things have no motivation to do those things.

Last edited:

North of Death

All Star
Bushed
Daps

Powerful posting

CBalla

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

@Houston911 this fella sounds like a young malcolm x :salute: the likes of Loose could learn a thing or two