Charlamagne tha God: "DEI is garbage"

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
@Houston911 this fella sounds like a young malcolm x :salute: the likes of Loose could learn a thing or two
:francis: the fact that you thought that the poster was saying anything.....

I personally have never benefited of DEI, but the very fact that it puts a dent in the stranglehold that cacs, particularly cac males when it controlling important levers macro and micro level makes it a win for me.

Thats basic art of war shyt. It doesnt get more fundamental than that.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
A lot of yall are coping, making up these weird mechanisms

"well white women and black women benefited the most"

"its not a REAL remedy"

just empty minded cope

your generation, your childrens generation are getting fukked harder out of any change for broader economic power and your brain is scrambling to justify it.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Actually listened to all of it and he's not wrong, but

1. He's backing up that DEI doesn't work at the same time that right wingers are attacking it
2. He doesn't offer any alternatives and straight up says he doesn't know what we need besides "more black leaders." How? When all these companies are all white at the top?
I just want to know who wrote that because it was 100% terrible

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Why do a lot of you dudes that post on this site have this perspective that only black people still mired in poverty are having a legitimate and authentic African American experience? You only associate genuine blackness with hardship?

Let me tell you something, breh. Most black people in this country come from some disadvantaged circumstance(s). When you hail from certain things, for most people, despite whatever you achieve after—that shyt stays with you. It’s not something you can just eschew. I haven’t had to eat a Miracle Whip sandwich for dinner in years, but I still can vividly recall what it tastes like, as if I had one earlier today. I’ve acquired more education than I ever thought I would, and I still see my struggle as inextricably tied to poor and impoverished AA’s, because that was my station the overwhelming majority of my life.

I know you’re one of those weird boule boogeyman dudes, but our issue is not “corporate” black people. One of our issues is the persons paraded as our proverbial spokespeople are wholly ill-equipped to be such. Charlemagne cannot cite you one peer-reviewed study on the effect of DEI, but he has such definitive stances on it. Most of these people who get in these spaces are essentially espousing barbershop canards to the world as fact.

Nah,I fully believe the problem has and will continue to be the black elitist/boule who lack knowledge of self. I think the problem here is you conflating being black,educated and wealthy with being boule. I dont consider people boule based on that alone. If your mindset is fukk the poor and uneducated,because the community would be better off if we put all resources into the educated and wealthy blacks? This would make you boule imo.

Now ive said countless times I cant say the boule are incorrect in their ideology. As theyve often failed to keep their children from mingling with lower caste blacks,and adopting the culture of the poorer and less educated. Its not neccessarily wrong,its unproven.

So your wrong,I dont discount your experience at all. My view is just if youve gotten your education,youve gotten your money. If not your resources,your mind and your efforts belong to black people who havent made it to where you are. This isnt just for the college educated wealthy either btw. A righteous person with common sense owes wisdom to the demonic and ignorant.

My issue is alot of these black elitist of today make it to the 50th floor. But only have a desire to want to take the black people they meet at the 50th floor up to the 100th floor. No once you get comfortable at the 50th floor,your supposed to focused on getting people up to the 20th floor if not the 50th with you.

My statement is simply saying one demographic needs help more than the other. And if you come from that environment thats who you should care about. Alot of blacks on the 50th floor want yachts and invites to their white bosses yacht. Meanwhile its black people drowning in the basement. And they expect the blacks in the basement to give a damn.

Maybe if we saw more search and resucue missions once they got the yachts:mjlol:

In short,knowledge of self is the key. Without that,blacks getting DEI,govt contracts,affirmative action dont mean shyt. The same goes for the poor and undereducated who need help. Difference is they are in dire straits and need immediate rescue:respect:

xXOGLEGENDXx

Superstar
Daps
I was talking about corporate outreach on HBCU campuses. A Black school isn't going to do diversity programs for the majority.

You market it that way, and it will be struck down by courts. Guaranteed.
Well yeah of course, that is why it's all ridiculous.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Again, as long as we are fighting the hardest for it, getting the most backlash from supporting it, while only tangentially benefitting from it, its a net negative. Taking the blame that should be going to White women and the LGBTQA community doesn't come without costs. Our efforts could be better put into pushing top Black academic and athletic talent into HCBUs. Imagine if an HCBU has the most top football or basketball recruits? How about Brow-beating successful blacks into giving back to the Black community. Here are some simple ideas I've posted here numerous times:

1. Successful Black people loan $1 million dollars each to start Credit Unions in low income Black areas, where the money will be repaid in 10 years. The Credit Unions will offer free check cashing and lower interest loans.

2. Local successful Black men can form local mentoring groups like SCORE for young Black entrepreneurs. I used SCORE to help start my business.

3. Press Black Musical celebrities to donate to their old high school, to re-start band and orchestra programs in Black schools.

4. Create a Worker Co-op framework for Black entrepreneurs to safely join up with other Blacks in their communities to build businesses where the workers all benefit and have incentive for the business's success. Its an easy vehicle to lure outside funding to start up or boost.
Black people need to stop begging!! ……………….except for when it comes to the black bourgeois and black celebrities ….please get on your knees a learn to beg them even harder as they are your saviors :mjlol:

Get this dumbass shyt the fukk outta here goofy nikka ….. black upper class individuals aren’t saving you either ….

CBalla

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:francis: the fact that you thought that the poster was saying anything.....

I personally have never benefited of DEI, but the very fact that it puts a dent in the stranglehold that cacs, particularly cac males when it controlling important levers macro and micro level makes it a win for me.

Thats basic art of war shyt. It doesnt get more fundamental than that.
cacs wont give you the tools to truly pull ahead, if you wanna believe them liberal cacs you go right ahead :heh:

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
Real talk. Is every new Black hire today reported as a DEI hire?
:jbhmm:
What you posted lacks any context. No prior date or date range for comparison. If they only counted fiscal year 2021, that was the year of mass COVID hirings who are now getting laid off in 2024.

Im a pro reparations Breh. I know Blacks have been wronged by the US government and corporations for decades, but programs like Affirmative Action and now DEI havent given Blacks real power, just only White consideration. They haven't reduced the Black/White wealth gap yet undisputedly helped reduce the wealth gap between White men and White women though.

This shyt is too old for you young brothers to continue to be duped by it. Its like listening to conservatives who still promote supply side economics despite 50 years of failure.
because DEI didn't right all the wrongs from 200 years ago then you might as well shut it down? Nikkas really advocating for shutting down lanes that black people could use to get more opportunities to better themselves. so it's reparations or nothing at all? yall wild