Chainsaw Man Manga Thread

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Fami's a damned enigma. I assumed she'd be pretty powerful, but she's been mid so far. I'm hoping there's an actual trump card because she seemed to have way more going on early on.

The hybrids keep appearing...unless one of the others has a trump card, I'm not sure about Asa/Yoru vs Kitana Man + that backup with the hammer.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Part of me wonders if we're about to be reintroduced to more characters in the detention facility, or at least new versions of old devil powers. Fumiko's eyes have been screaming "snake devil" all along, and I could see this becoming like a messed up Fujimoto version of Impel Down where Asa (or Reze or whoever) and Denji free other locked up devils to help with the escape...then hopefully some other devils/fiends from Part One could come back.

okay-its-happening.gif

I'm convinced Yoru is gonna try her hardest to get Kitana-man to admit he's Asa's biggest fan so she can own him and weaponize him. The "she has a poetry book coming out next month" line bodied me, especially Asa's face when he says it.

Public Safety always on the run is turning into a great gag too.

This is gonna go from the funniest arc to super dark when they finally come across Denji and the 30-something amputated legs Public Safety has stashed to try and turn into more chainsaw men. But at least until then, this arc is hilarious.

Who do yall think Samurai meant to go get? Has to be one of the the A-1 characters. Kishibe or Quanxi fit the bill...and Reze :troll:

Last edited:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Alright this chapter was fukking hilarious :dead:. Asa and Denji's personalities work well off each other.

Might be the funniest chapter in CSM history and crickets in this thread.
Tbh given the slow pacing people are either waiting or reading at their own pace. Pt 2 is finding its rhythm lately, but given the not consistent weekly release a Reread is needed here just like how it is for Frieren.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Alright this chapter was fukking hilarious :dead:. Asa and Denji's personalities work well off each other.

Tbh given the slow pacing people are either waiting or reading at their own pace. Pt 2 is finding its rhythm lately, but given the not consistent weekly release a Reread is needed here just like how it is for Frieren.
True, but there hasn't been a bad chapter since Asa and Fami pulled up. This is the best run of chapters since part 2 started IMO, and we even got a new top-tier side character...

arent-those-surgeons-eyes-calling-it-now-thats-barem-v0-ciud7hd8x4sc1.jpeg

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
@LordDeathwatch

Man I swear for some of these chapters like today where Fujimoto is just trolling until he has a plan or ready to continue with the story :mjlol:

You know the fanbase will eat it up

Would be hilarious if Denji falls in love with Yoru personality and not Asa :lolbron:

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
@LordDeathwatch

Man I swear for some of these chapters like today where Fujimoto is just trolling until he has a plan or ready to continue with the story :mjlol:

You know the fanbase will eat it up

Would be hilarious if Denji falls in love with Yoru personality and not Asa :lolbron:
Honestly, people talk about Gege but CSM has some of the most meandering ass pulls in modern history with a light seasoning of WTF.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Honestly, people talk about Gege but CSM has some of the most meandering ass pulls in modern history with a light seasoning of WTF.
I need to reread pt 1 because I don’t remember shyt for most of it outside of the end. :dead:

Tbh the difference between Gege and Fujimoto is that Gege will troll the hell out of the fanbase. Fujimoto more so gives what his degen fanbase wants but gives it in the weirdest way imaginable.

You could make the argument that both series have gotten TOO popular for its own good. But then again that shouldn’t be an excuse for any series.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
:russ: series fukking over! We can go home

my son finally got one .........from a one armed wench :mjlol: He about to attack whoever she says attack for the rest of this shyt

Nah real talk War devil just pulled a Sukuna :wow: started the deed then swapped back to the vessel to look at the mess they made

Last edited:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I need to reread pt 1 because I don’t remember shyt for most of it outside of the end. :dead:

Tbh the difference between Gege and Fujimoto is that Gege will troll the hell out of the fanbase. Fujimoto more so gives what his degen fanbase wants but gives it in the weirdest way imaginable.

You could make the argument that both series have gotten TOO popular for its own good. But then again that shouldn’t be an excuse for any series.
I feel like they both give their fanbases what they want but in the weirdest way possible, how they troll to get us there is different though

Gege is a torturer. He will pour L's on us until we're completely in shambles and lost all hope, THEN gives us a fake W just to rub it in :mjcry: shyt literally be 2 L's glued together and we look like fools.

Fujimoto completely distracts us with side plots and characters, having us think a higher goal is at play

Only to bring us back to Denji's base impulses being the bottom line:russ: he might clear all the opps in the area now and boom we're on to the next arc

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
End of Evangelion easter eggs, are you kidding me!? :mjlol:

We just got a hospital raid and it was crickets in this thread. The fukkery starts, and the thread pops.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I feel like they both give their fanbases what they want but in the weirdest way possible, how they troll to get us there is different though

Gege is a torturer. He will pour L's on us until we're completely in shambles and lost all hope, THEN gives us a fake W just to rub it in :mjcry: shyt literally be 2 L's glued together and we look like fools.

Fujimoto completely distracts us with side plots and characters, having us think a higher goal is at play

Only to bring us back to Denji's base impulses being the bottom line:russ: he might clear all the opps in the area now and boom we're on to the next arc
Basically, Gege is Sadist and Fujimoto is a Masochist. I'm pretty sure Fujimoto's masochism is documented too :mjlol: . I remember reading stories about him basing Makima on a girl that bullied him while he was in school, but he liked it.