Chainsaw Man Manga Thread

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
Consider that on the bottom it says "It would take a WAR to compromise this facility's safety." I think it's pretty evident that it's Asa & Yoru.

Also considering this could be the point where the Asa and Denji parts of the story branch and move forward together, it would be such a Fujimoto way to go about it. It would have a more impact than let's say Reze. Which is more what the fans would want.

With Power, I feel like if she comes back it will be Denji finding her not the other way around.

Got to admit it has been fairly slow, but bit by bit I am liking how Fujimoto has wrote up part two more nd more. Tho the change from being such a fast-paced battle shounen to what is more so a focus on the characters themselves has been interesting.

SPOILER_4AF5ACBE-A179-4CB4-A748-628D0CC72C6D.png
Again too on the nose for Fujimoto
Just started Fire Punch and the similarities are insane
Dude works on subverting expectations
It would be a shock if he lets it be what everyone thinks

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
well I’ll be damn :russ: Subverted my own expectations :bryan:
Interesting that Asa has more control over when Yoru appears
Seems kind of seamless transition now:lupe:
Denji and Asa are being played but I wonder what’s the bigger picture
Yoshida knows more than what he is letting on as well as Fami which didn’t like being called Famine

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I was under the impression that Asa would be able to regenerate that arm by drinking some blood...

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Fuji swerving the fanbase yet again. :mjlol:
I mean tbh it was 100% the fanbase this time. Everyone mentioning Fujimoto wouldn't be predictable. But in reality everything he has done in the series has a purpose. Although the intention isn't clear for some of the things once all the pieces come together.

Also, the coping for Reze is done right hilarious by the fanbase :mjlol:

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
I mean tbh it was 100% the fanbase this time. Everyone mentioning Fujimoto wouldn't be predictable. But in reality everything he has done in the series has a purpose. Although the intention isn't clear for some of the things once all the pieces come together.

Also, the coping for Reze is done right hilarious by the fanbase :mjlol:
This series is one of the rare ones we disagree on because I don't like it or consider it to be of a quality nearly as high as you do but even I have to agree here. It was extremely clear what direction he was going in but the head canon I saw across multiple platforms was crazy, they just couldn't accept it.

One guy said he'd take a month ban from Twitter if it wasn't Reze, I hope he enjoys his free time. :deadrose:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
This series is one of the rare ones we disagree on because I don't like it or consider it to be of a quality nearly as high as you do but even I have to agree here. It was extremely clear what direction he was going in but the head canon I saw across multiple platforms was crazy, they just couldn't accept it.

One guy said he'd take a month ban from Twitter if it wasn't Reze, I hope he enjoys his free time. :deadrose:
To me from the start with Asa's story and then moving to Denji's side, it just felt it was about time we got to a point where their two storylines will join together.

CSM is a series I feel you will get so many variable opinions. People will think it's great, some will think it's entertaining and others will think it's boring. The biggest thing is shifted tone from balls to the walls battle shounen of pt 1. To pt 2 where it's more about the characterization of the cast with the slower pace. While I really do like the direction Fujimoto has created with his new cast.

My biggest criticism is that I can't empathize and invest in the cast. I am not invested in anybody the same I am with Yuji and Xin. Maybe in a reread I would get more invested in Asa's character. Keep in mind this isn't a part two issue for me, I felt the same way when I was reading part one.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
To me from the start with Asa's story and then moving to Denji's side, it just felt it was about time we got to a point where their two storylines will join together.

CSM is a series I feel you will get so many variable opinions. People will think it's great, some will think it's entertaining and others will think it's boring. The biggest thing is shifted tone from balls to the walls battle shounen of pt 1. To pt 2 where it's more about the characterization of the cast with the slower pace. While I really do like the direction Fujimoto has created with his new cast.

My biggest criticism is that I can't empathize and invest in the cast. I am not invested in anybody the same I am with Yuji and Xin. Maybe in a reread I would get more invested in Asa's character. Keep in mind this isn't a part two issue for me, I felt the same way when I was reading part one.
Ironically, I feel like we're on complete opposite ends of the spectrum for why we love CSM.

I think Fujimoto's characters are the best part of the manga. That's why people STILL want Reze back or cling to Power's last words about bringing her back. Or my favorite example is how subtle but obvious the whole Arai = Violence Fiend thing is. Fujimoto makes it worthwhile to take a closer look at the characters, even when they're only around for an arc or two.

In fact, Yuji is my least favorite MC in any of the bigger manga right now. Though, I'm biased against the JJK cast...the villains are great, but the rest of the cast never got over for me or fell off fast. Minus Todo, he's great.

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Denji is probably my favorite protagonist to this date in modern manga
He’s a kid that’s navigating a dark world and trying to figure his shyt out
While being influenced, pushed/pulled and used by everyone right down to Pochita
Every young man goes through this point in life
You trying to make everybody else happy, proud but what the fukk do you want out of life
At 16 you have no clue but he is being forced to grow up without all the context or know how
I think, at least for me, that’s the undercurrent of this whole manga
Devils are our desires/wants and even possible needs
Funny enough you make contracts with devils everyday
You go to a job you may/may not like
Your employment is a devil contract
You can say your marriage contract is a devil one too
:russ:
So for me, outside of Ichigo, I really don’t relate to many protagonists
Even Eren had me:what:in AOS
I think when this manga is over
It’s something to reread all over again because it’s so much I forgot from the first half to really connect to this part and if it’s a part three arch being that Fuji wants to go full novel without pictures eventually by his own admission
I really don’t fukk with anime and manga as hard as I used to outside SpyxFamily:russ:
So this brought me back because it was really emotionally done well in the first part
This chapter got him back on track(and the previous as well)
I think people are just so used to subverting expectations from all genres at this point
TLOU2 unfortunately was the catalyst for this shyt:martin:
So yeah, seeing that panel had nikkas going
Here we go again:russ:
I don’t know why it’s such a fervor for Reze to comeback
I hated Power with a passion but became endured to her by the end:mjcry:
Just want my nikka Denji to be happy with family and friends:wow:

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Denji is probably my favorite protagonist to this date in modern manga
He’s a kid that’s navigating a dark world and trying to figure his shyt out
While being influenced, pushed/pulled and used by everyone right down to Pochita
Every young man goes through this point in life
You trying to make everybody else happy, proud but what the fukk do you want out of life
At 16 you have no clue but he is being forced to grow up without all the context or know how
I think, at least for me, that’s the undercurrent of this whole manga
Devils are our desires/wants and even possible needs
Funny enough you make contracts with devils everyday
You go to a job you may/may not like
Your employment is a devil contract
You can say your marriage contract is a devil one too
:russ:
So for me, outside of Ichigo, I really don’t relate to many protagonists
Even Eren had me:what:in AOS
I think when this manga is over
It’s something to reread all over again because it’s so much I forgot from the first half to really connect to this part and if it’s a part three arch being that Fuji wants to go full novel without pictures eventually by his own admission
I really don’t fukk with anime and manga as hard as I used to outside SpyxFamily:russ:
So this brought me back because it was really emotionally done well in the first part
This chapter got him back on track(and the previous as well)
I think people are just so used to subverting expectations from all genres at this point
TLOU2 unfortunately was the catalyst for this shyt:martin:
So yeah, seeing that panel had nikkas going
Here we go again:russ:
I don’t know why it’s such a fervor for Reze to comeback
I hated Power with a passion but became endured to her by the end:mjcry:
Just want my nikka Denji to be happy with family and friends:wow:

Bleach Ichigo really breh? What makes you resonate with him?

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bleach Ichigo really breh? What makes you resonate with him?

Ichigo just wants to help people he cares about at the end of the day
As big of an a$$hole that is i
That’s all I want when it comes to my loved ones
Now Kubo lost his way once the Fullbring arch came with Ichigo and pretty much made him cannon fodder by the end :francis:
But he’s still my favorite protagonist of all time for that very reason:manny:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Fami's the funniest of the four horsemen, confirmed. I expected Yoru and Fami to get help from prisoners, but this wasn't the bunch I expected to see in such a secure facility.

Fujimoto's devil designs are always a trip.

Last edited: