Chainsaw Man Manga Thread

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I think the series' biggest issue in part two is that we don't get enough content per chapter. Also, your point he is trying to be too creative. Like there are many interesting ingredients, but how do they mesh well together? Where is the story taking us? The theme of does Denji want to have a normal life or be chainsaw man has been consistent. But where are we going with this? The direction of this part has been all over the place.

If I were a betting man, I would have my doubts. Even though the pieces are in place. Tbh if this upcoming arc underperforms yet again, I might just switch to reading volume releases, since the pacing of reading this series weekly as stated before makes it feel sluggish honestly.
i thought in part 2 we were gonna see a more in-depth view of the devils plotting and doint shyt in hell or whatever world they usually post up in, not more nikkas in suits i don't care about.

he kind of pulled a tower of god where he got rid of the part 1 cast, brought in part 2 folks who weren't half as interestting, then tried to bring back part 1 people as some kind of surprise

the part 1 people should've NEVER left to begin with, it just feels like a cheap trick brining them back now for nostalgia points, we actually had thought out plot reasons for why the cast of part 1 existed/mattered, this just feels random and all of these characters could die right now and no one would care, fans were in SHAMBLES when Aki-47 happened and Power got axed.

this Nayuta shyt didn't really hit like it should have, if he had just kept it to Asa/Nayuta/Denji/Fumiko and let them go through a couple of arcs as a team we would've been in a solid place to introduce some fukkery and be entertained

im usually good at following plots and character motivations but i swear i have NO idea what 90% of these nikkas want from denji or why they want whatever end goal, it's like we're in the Mr. Krabs meme until denji loses his shyt and transforms, that's not good writing

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
I think the series' biggest issue in part two is that we don't get enough content per chapter. Also, your point he is trying to be too creative. Like there are many interesting ingredients, but how do they mesh well together? Where is the story taking us? The theme of does Denji want to have a normal life or be chainsaw man has been consistent. But where are we going with this? The direction of this part has been all over the place.

If I were a betting man, I would have my doubts. Even though the pieces are in place. Tbh if this upcoming arc underperforms yet again, I might just switch to reading volume releases, since the pacing of reading this series weekly as stated before makes it feel sluggish honestly.
Honestly, this reminds me of a talented artist who produces their first follow up exhibit after gaining prominence. You tried to further the elements that brought you to notoriety but not stay in the box and when your audience says it's unfocused or lacks coherence, the defense is

"It's abstract, you're not supposed to get it."

Almost every denial I've seen of this drop in quality follows this line of logic and it's so lazy. Even abstract art has defined parameters, you can't just fukk up and then pretend that everyone else is just too dense to appreciate the artistry.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

The time management has been ridiculous. Asa's raid to save Denji lasted 5 chapters and we basically spent the next six chapters in purgatory. Now we should be getting some real action, but with brand new enemies that hadn't even been alluded to prior.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
i thought in part 2 we were gonna see a more in-depth view of the devils plotting and doint shyt in hell or whatever world they usually post up in, not more nikkas in suits i don't care about.

he kind of pulled a tower of god where he got rid of the part 1 cast, brought in part 2 folks who weren't half as interestting, then tried to bring back part 1 people as some kind of surprise

the part 1 people should've NEVER left to begin with, it just feels like a cheap trick brining them back now for nostalgia points, we actually had thought out plot reasons for why the cast of part 1 existed/mattered, this just feels random and all of these characters could die right now and no one would care, fans were in SHAMBLES when Aki-47 happened and Power got axed.

this Nayuta shyt didn't really hit like it should have, if he had just kept it to Asa/Nayuta/Denji/Fumiko and let them go through a couple of arcs as a team we would've been in a solid place to introduce some fukkery and be entertained

im usually good at following plots and character motivations but i swear i have NO idea what 90% of these nikkas want from denji or why they want whatever end goal, it's like we're in the Mr. Krabs meme until denji loses his shyt and transforms, that's not good writing
IMO Power is the exact kind of character the cast needs atm. The energy she brought alongside of Denji is needed. Nobody has been able to replicate it. Also, looking back at I felt when Nayuta separated Asa and Denji, Fujimoto tried to be too creative. Back then is when they should have pushed the story with at least Asa, Nayuta and Denji at its core.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
IMO Power is the exact kind of character the cast needs atm. The energy she brought alongside of Denji is needed. Nobody has been able to replicate it. Also, looking back at I felt when Nayuta separated Asa and Denji, Fujimoto tried to be too creative. Back then is when they should have pushed the story with at least Asa, Nayuta and Denji at its core.
I thought that's what Fumiko was gonna be but nayuta almost smoked her so she dipped out :snoop:

But yea the energy has just been flat, we should've seen WAY more moments of asa being hilariously clumsy like when she killed the class pet :mjlol: he threw that whole side of her in the bushes

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Okay, we've got a pure action chapter with a pretty dope use of Chainsaw Man's powers at the end.

He ate the ear devil, and it looks like everyone's ears are gone. So he cut off everyone's communication that's attacking him. I assume that the manga won't go the rest of the way with everyone unable to hear, so maybe we'll get to see a way from CSM to return stuff after he eats them out of existence.

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
tenor.gif

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
This chapter got me thinking what if all humans lost the ability to hear :ohhh:
It's dope that they had a plan to figure out which devil got eaten, they typically forget what it is at the same moment, so someone wrote that shyt down an instant before it happened while also staring at some inmates to see if parts of their bodies disappeared

Then they used what looks like a mirror devil contract to get him to spit it back out

This just makes me believe poochita isn't actually a chainsaw devil, it makes no sense for it to have the ability to erase deviled from existence and memories simultaneously if it's just based on a chainsaw

That may just be the combat form it took but he's gotta be some other shyt entirely, every devil doesn't necessarily look like what they're ability is

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
It's dope that they had a plan to figure out which devil got eaten, they typically forget what it is at the same moment, so someone wrote that shyt down an instant before it happened while also staring at some inmates to see if parts of their bodies disappeared

Then they used what looks like a mirror devil contract to get him to spit it back out

This just makes me believe poochita isn't actually a chainsaw devil, it makes no sense for it to have the ability to erase deviled from existence and memories simultaneously if it's just based on a chainsaw

That may just be the combat form it took but he's gotta be some other shyt entirely, every devil doesn't necessarily look like what they're ability is
I wonder if Pochita's real identity has something to do with fear of being forgotten or forgetting. It'd be a nice tie in back to part one's reveal that Denji had blocked out the memory of killing his dad. That still wouldn't really explain the chainsaw powers though (or the way he can swing around Spidey style).

I also wonder if this means they can get CSM to puke up all the devils he's previously consumed. If he got crushed badly enough he could spit up a bunch of forgotten fears/devils.

On a completely unrelated note, the Bloody Mary Devil in the mirror is another fire design. Fujimoto should put out a book of his ideas and designs for different fears....I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
a completely unrelated note, the Bloody Mary Devil in the mirror is another fire design. Fujimoto should put out a book of his ideas and designs for different fears....I'd buy that in a heartbeat.
That chair set up was crazy

nikkas with they hands missing on all 4's and the chair has mouths :picard: the missing fingers being used as decoration on the windsor backrest

What mistakes did they go through in life to end up like that :mjcry: them nikkas got Kaisen'd, but I'd love to know the backstories, you think they came there together as a duo or they met for the first time in the most evil section of hell?