Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Only reason I bring up Aki is because he died being the gun fiend
So in my mind I feel if you die as a fiend or even with a devil contract
Apart of your essence comes back or you come back as something else
It would only make sense in some way
nah it was mentioned before fiends don't come back, the devil reincarnates and it can become a fiend again but it won't have any previous memories, the devil can't even leave the body until it dies, so there's no reason we should see Aki outside of a flashback, we just saw gun devil turn into an arm for War

the devil contract thing i wanna say you came up with yourself :patrice: them nikkas be dying left and right and don't come back

fiends (a devil using a human corpse to survive) die
regular people with devil contracts die

devils dont
"hybrids" (a human with a devil's heart) don't

we knew Reze was gonna be back from the very beginning because she's a hybrid like denji

they only way Denji is gonna be in real danger is if they make him vomit up the originall "Hybrid" devil or whatever it's called, that's what Denji/reze/quanxi/katana/whip/etc. actually are, in the past the Chainsaw Devil ate the devil of whatever that form is, so the memory of what they were called got erased as well, they just made up "hybrid" as a placeholder.

Why hybrids themselves didn't disappear is a mystery, but if that devil gets vomited up they'll remember if there's a way to kill them or not

@tripleaamin CSM plot structure goes crazy on the reread :wow: Makima was so many steps ahead of us and it all went down fast as hell

the only new thing im seeing is that War seems to think all of the devil's chainsaw has eaten are just being stored inside

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
One of those CSM chapters I don't understand what happened at the end. Although the look on Asa's face when Yoru says children are their parents' property :mjlol:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Having Yoru sacrifice every NRA (granted it's renamed) member's trigger finger for her gun devil power-up is kinda hilarious. Idk what that Statue of Liberty bit was about, but Fujimoto seems like he's got something epic cooked up.

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
Fujimoto is schizophrenic
2whb0ultjJJMY0lSEy.webp

That’s all I can come with at this time :russ:

shyt is chaotic and makes no fukking sense:dead:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Holy fukk this chapter :damn:

Holy bang. God damn this chapter is just suffering for both Asa & Denji+Pochita.

SPOILER_83408BBE-9023-4C69-8B58-C060F025E9EA.png

SPOILER_80C68565-B5F5-4765-854F-5CF0643CE24A.png

SPOILER_34D1FAAB-8F58-4BF7-880F-3E2FF6704A18.png

SPOILER_FD055325-CE7C-4154-9FD5-DAC51C82ACA4.png

Asa realizing at the end of the day, Yoru is a devil. What does she do now? Like you know, she hates what just happened. I don't think she is in a position to do anything.

SPOILER_9CDF80DF-DFE2-45FE-B62D-87490B79C050.png

For Denji & Pochita them needing blood to survive, but doing, so kids are dying. Holy fukking hell that's fukked up. I am curious how erasing aging actually works.

SPOILER_F06C5D28-0418-42FC-A4A9-3FD6212132A8.png

SPOILER_378A4890-9F6E-47A6-BA39-C7AF71801782.png

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
I’m wishing on a star but I remember Denji going to the blood bank in 177 holding that sign. If somehow Pochita can also resurrect demons in this state. That would be a perfect set up for Power to slide through again to save the day
Knowing Fuji that ain’t happening :russ:
And it’s too on the nose for him to consume Age Devils blood
Either Asa is going to sacrifice herself after realizing that Yoru really ain’t shyt and used her to regain strength
Where we have a Tyler Durden type fight with herself
Or somebody we haven’t seen in a long time pops up off screen to intervene
Just can’t see Denji/Pochita going down that road of complete nihilism (at least Denji)
Fuji could be playing off that both characters are possessed by demons and are still true to their nature even though the people they posses aren’t about that life

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I’m wishing on a star but I remember Denji going to the blood bank in 177 holding that sign. If somehow Pochita can also resurrect demons in this state. That would be a perfect set up for Power to slide through again to save the day
Knowing Fuji that ain’t happening :russ:
And it’s too on the nose for him to consume Age Devils blood
Either Asa is going to sacrifice herself after realizing that Yoru really ain’t shyt and used her to regain strength
Where we have a Tyler Durden type fight with herself
Or somebody we haven’t seen in a long time pops up off screen to intervene
Just can’t see Denji/Pochita going down that road of complete nihilism (at least Denji)
Fuji could be playing off that both characters are possessed by demons and are still true to their nature even though the people they posses aren’t about that life

I think the blood bank thing was to show that Pochita doesn't want to harm innocents just to heal himself. So I'm like you in guessing that Pochita will turn down the Age Devil's offer. Bonus points, if refusing to eat the Aging Devil combines with Yoru's

I'd like to see Fami finally make a move...possibly something involving bringing Nayuta back, so we can have the three horsemen all together before Death's arrival. Only because feels like a wasted opportunity to never show us the 4 Horsemen in one big spread.

I'm not totally opposed to any excuse that brings back Power either. Last week's opening panel being a blatant callback to Power's death was a painful reminder :mjcry: .

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I REALLY like the potential implications of this chapter:
1. Asa forcefully stopped Yoru, even if it only lasted for a minute before she got manipulated back out of the driver's seat. That's interesting.

2. Yoru saying she felt bad about Asa fearing her feels like a trick to me. But I've seen some other heads that think it was legitimate and even another sign of Asa's characteristics bleeding into Yoru, which could be interesting.

3. But best of all is Yoru picking a fight with the Aging Devil who seems like he/she outclasses Yoru, considering how easily he/she blocked Yoru's attack. This suddenly feels like a really good set up for Yoru (or Asa after taking back control) to give Chainsaw Man the blood he's been asking for and hit us with the most important line in CSM "Save me, Chainsaw Man!"

4. On another note, it's nice that CSM turned down the Aging Devil's offer. I expected him to say no, but with Fujimoto, you never know.

5. I still feel like Fami has to do something before the arc completes. She played such a big role in everything getting to this point, that it'll feel weird if she doesn't reappear. This one's not implied anywhere in the chapter, it's just a thought.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Well this chapter threw me in for another loop.

So the implication is even desiring a contract with the aging devil gets you here. So the aging devil can put you into an area where aging doesn't exist. Therefore, this is what would have happened to everyone if Denji drank the Aging Devil's blood. You lose the concept of aging the whole properties of the world change.

That guy has been stuck for 80 years. Damn I would have gone insane. Not just humans, just the concept of aging. This would mean the concept of change is no longer present.

Wrapping my head around this chapter is hard.

icXEoN1.png

GE0PJHH.png

8NtTrba.png

ihNoDXQ.png

PzYJLhu.png

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I wonder if there's a weird chainsaw world where everything CSM has consumed is losing their minds :mjlol:

I also wonder how Denji/Asa/Yoru will escape this place. I may have to jump back to the International Assassin's Arc to see if there's any clues from when everyone got trapped in the darkness domain and Makima came through to get them out.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Denji really left the depression stage and went into acceptance of becoming a tree. Tho in this world 1000 years then you're becoming a tree, and then you can finally escape when the tree rots into the soil. Damn thats suffer extra load of suffering even by Fujimoto standards.

Yoru is def useless here, so I wonder when Asa regains her memories she can be the one to cheer up Denji since he is prob the only one that can get them out of this mess.