Chainsaw Man Manga Thread

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
This chapter was crazy lowkey.

These fukkers working on improving human evolution. So the aging devil would be responsible for aging. So, would people not age anymore? I am confused how that improves human evolution. If you no longer aged I am confused how that is beneficial. Sounds to me, it's like getting old is bad, but there are benefits to aging.

Of course the aging Devil terms are massively fukked. Sacrificing kids. These old dudes giving up their youth so they no longer age. Truly shows that even if they say human evolution, they only care about themselves.

Then Denji erasing mouths now. :dead: That caught me off guard.

The best chapter is a long while honestly.

SPOILER_235DC35B-6399-4078-8A28-66901C9FDEE5.png

SPOILER_4597E408-61B4-4608-BB01-E747FBFDED03.png

SPOILER_D0F2D9AA-DF01-4E9B-88E1-7FCB6039CB05.png

SPOILER_C0778591-2A42-4801-9D68-85053945708D.png

SPOILER_66E15E2A-29AE-432B-8002-C14034374F08.png

SPOILER_7A398C1B-68D8-4247-B5E8-52DBBACC1154.png

SPOILER_E7C46F46-C024-42AC-96E3-B16D8E2F9921.png

SPOILER_43761A85-F2E3-4812-A083-50AF826920F0.png

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I'm shocked they can be on negotiating terms with any primal fear. The aging devil makes a ton of sense for the whole mirror/vanity aspects, and that sacrifice is straight evil stuff. Chapters still feel short, but the plot has picked up a ton the past few weeks.

Sidenote: With Public Safety pulling some big strings here, I'm curious where Fami's disappeared off to. She had ties to the Falling Devil and all.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Honestly, the art in this series has fallen and this last arc is making it more apparent. Honestly, Fujimoto needs to make this Biweekly or find someone to do the art. Maybe he does that assuming if a part 3 comes.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Denji getting a handy was the series peak.

Which may be an indicator that it was mid the entire time. For as much as people try to hype this shyt to seem like avant garde tastemakers, this is one of the more forgettable manga I've ever read.

Like 80% of this series is a blur of grossout panels, weird humor and denji being weirdly endearing in his loserdom. For the life of me though I couldnt articulate what actual story is being told here. Especially with part 2

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I agree that part 2 has been a big fall off. Part one is absolutely great though. The bomb devil, International Assassins, and the Control devil arcs were all flames.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I agree that part 2 has been a big fall off. Part one is absolutely great though. The bomb devil, International Assassins, and the Control devil arcs were all flames.
We back to premium fukkery again :wow: need to control what devils Denji eats so it benefits them, meanwhile he going ham, just got rid of mouths, snow, and bitterness

What a broken ability

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
We back to premium fukkery again :wow: need to control what devils Denji eats so it benefits them, meanwhile he going ham, just got rid of mouths, snow, and bitterness

What a broken ability
It's crazy how OP he is. They thought they had something after making him puke up the ear devil...but now he ate the mouth devil. Fami's somewhere in the cut, pissed off that she can't eat, or maybe not since everyone will be hungry eventually. She's a weird one.

I see a lot of heads predicting a flashback for Yoru in the next chapter. It'd be dope to see the OG four horsemen and the version of Chainsaw Man that made all the devils so scared.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Oh, shyt this chapter was great.

It makes sense that the War Devil's children are Tanks and Guns. After all, these are the two fundamental uses in every war. Simply the goal for her is for Chainsaw Man to spit out what was precious to her? What is precious to war? That's hard for me to guess.

Also, with Gun Devil back, I wonder if this will trigger trauma within Denji because Gun Devil relates to Aki?

Man I need to do a reread of Pt 1

SPOILER_0E902ABB-7D32-4056-B970-D8CD1D421282.png

SPOILER_D14447EA-29EC-4260-9604-0C58AD10A154.png

SPOILER_836E2C26-CCE5-4DC9-9DAA-F44320B1B1A3.png

SPOILER_98BCA69F-B71D-406F-ADF8-254378CCEC6B.png

SPOILER_5ABA4CB7-577A-4A88-AEAB-D5207042CB99.png

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
So I guess technically Reze will be back but this some goofy shyt :childplease: So the biggest threat(or version of him) is back plus a tank:childplease:
So this some multiverse type shyt where nothing technically disappears due to different versions of said demons or Denji/Pochita regurgitation. Even Chainsaw man/Pochita has taken on demons by himself. Wouldn’t that technically bring back Aki in some since or even Power
This shyt is becoming convoluted and lost a spark from what it started from
Maybe I’m over analyzing and Fujimoto will make it make sense but right now I’m
tEG1nF1v7AL8A.webp

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
So I guess technically Reze will be back but this some goofy shyt :childplease: So the biggest threat(or version of him) is back plus a tank:childplease:
So this some multiverse type shyt where nothing technically disappears due to different versions of said demons or Denji/Pochita regurgitation. Even Chainsaw man/Pochita has taken on demons by himself. Wouldn’t that technically bring back Aki in some since or even Power
This shyt is becoming convoluted and lost a spark from what it started from
Maybe I’m over analyzing and Fujimoto will make it make sense but right now I’m
tEG1nF1v7AL8A.webp
From what I read, it was something like only a small part of the Gun Devil was used back when Denji dealt with it in part one. The devils stuff have been mentioned to be reincarnated and was the point of Power mentioning to Denji for him to find her. Since I think they don't have memories when they come back. Regarding Aki he shouldn't come back unless I missed something from part one.

Tbh I desperately need a reread of the series even more than I needed of Dandadan.

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
From what I read, it was something like only a small part of the Gun Devil was used back when Denji dealt with it in part one. The devils stuff have been mentioned to be reincarnated and was the point of Power mentioning to Denji for him to find her. Since I think they don't have memories when they come back. Regarding Aki he shouldn't come back unless I missed something from part one.

Tbh I desperately need a reread of the series even more than I needed of Dandadan.
Only reason I bring up Aki is because he died being the gun fiend
So in my mind I feel if you die as a fiend or even with a devil contract
Apart of your essence comes back or you come back as something else
It would only make sense in some way
And I just find it a convenient way to bring back the biggest threat from part one
War encompasses many weapons which we’ve all seen in one iteration or another
That’s why I feel this is a convoluted mess in the same realm as the multiverse
Now I could be mixing shyt up because it’s so much to the lore I forgot from part one
But seeing characters pop back up in recent chapters until now makes me believe the only way Denji/Pochta will be defeated is through Dennis attachment from the core of part one unless fujimoto just one shots Denji in some goofy ass way and Yoru/Asa/(Fight club as someone said on Reddit) becomes the final protagonist to all this shyt
First manga I’m going to really have to reread to catch everything after it ends :Kd:

Last edited:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
If I'm remembering right, parts of the Gun Devil were kept by all the big countries, and they just used it as a boogeyman for their propaganda. So it's scattered all over in incomplete forms. That kinda begs the question, what other devils do the governments have hidden as trump cards?

All devils reincarnate as long as they're not eaten by Chainsaw Man, and I'm not sure if Nayuta was reborn because it wasn't really CSM that ate the Control Devil, or because of a unique trait for the Horsemen or maybe all primal fears.

Fiends don't reincarnate, but the Blood Devil will be reborn. And we see Nayuta was able to tap into Makima's memories and feelings. So the Power reunion has a chance, but most likely not as literal Power. It'd be a new Blood Devil that remembers Power and Denji's friendship...it's worth noting, Nayuta rejected Makima's feelings too. Aki's gone though.

It seems like Hybrids are reborn too. Because CSM shredded all the hybrids we saw in the last few arcs.

There's also a chainsaw man clone or two who are a lot closer to full CSM than the zombie people we've seen. A speaking, fully functional CSM clone showed up during the falling devil arc. We haven't heard anything about him since.

On a chapter related note...I wonder who Yoru's friends are that she wants CSM to spit out.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
If I'm remembering right, parts of the Gun Devil were kept by all the big countries, and they just used it as a boogeyman for their propaganda. So it's scattered all over in incomplete forms. That kinda begs the question, what other devils do the governments have hidden as trump cards?

All devils reincarnate as long as they're not eaten by Chainsaw Man, and I'm not sure if Nayuta was reborn because it wasn't really CSM that ate the Control Devil, or because of a unique trait for the Horsemen or maybe all primal fears.

Fiends don't reincarnate, but the Blood Devil will be reborn. And we see Nayuta was able to tap into Makima's memories and feelings. So the Power reunion has a chance, but most likely not as literal Power. It'd be a new Blood Devil that remembers Power and Denji's friendship...it's worth noting, Nayuta rejected Makima's feelings too. Aki's gone though.

It seems like Hybrids are reborn too. Because CSM shredded all the hybrids we saw in the last few arcs.

There's also a chainsaw man clone or two who are a lot closer to full CSM than the zombie people we've seen. A speaking, fully functional CSM clone showed up during the falling devil arc. We haven't heard anything about him since.

On a chapter related note...I wonder who Yoru's friends are that she wants CSM to spit out.
Nuclear Weapons Devil.

It's the only one that Yoru previously mentioned before.