Celtics vs Lakers: Bronny James Summer League game thread, Jaylen Brown says Bronny isn't a pro

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Has none in him at all. You can tell he’s never hooped in a park in his life.
Which is crazy cause he should’ve came up playing the most ruthless hoopers around.

But maybe he just not like that cause i’ve seen bryce at least shyt talking on the court/with his dad.

Never seen that with Bronny even on his streams and stuff.

Flight

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
KC
Which is crazy cause he should’ve came up playing the most ruthless hoopers around.

But maybe he just not like that cause i’ve seen bryce at least shyt talking on the court/with his dad.

He’s been sheltered his whole life basketball wise. He’s always played on loaded AAU teams so he never had to learn to be the man. He could just be a role guy. Same with Sierra Canyon. It was past concerning that at any point in his development that he was never the man on the team. I also think they thought he would end up taller than what he was so they didn’t emphasize guard skills.

So essentially now he’s a 6’2 combo guard with the offensive bag of Reggie Evans.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps

Even if it does, Bronny just don’t have that type if dog in him.

Been that way in HS, College, and now G-League
Bronny still plays like he's waiting on a growth spurt. His game is the exact same as it was in 8th grade. Just less confident.

Doc Rivers had Austin participating in Celtics scrimmages while he was HS.

If the boy never played in the park is one thing. How has Bron been in LA for 6 years and never had him in any open gym runs. Just tell em to put the cameras away if he's worried about negativity if he looks bad. More importantly Klutch guys train & got their own spot. Bron could have had him playing full court one on one with with guys like KCP & Maxey for years. No one expects an elite handle, but with the resources he should have a handle.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He’s been sheltered his whole life basketball wise. He’s always played on loaded AAU teams so he never had to learn to be the man. He could just be a role guy. Same with Sierra Canyon. It was past concerning that at any point in his development that he was never the man on the team. I also think they thought he would end up taller than what he was so they didn’t emphasize guard skills.

So essentially now he’s a 6’2 combo guard with the offensive bag of Reggie Evans.

It’s crazy when you think about it, has there been any other American NBA guard in recent history that at no point in high school, AAU or college was a #1 option or primary ballhandler for their team? Off the top of my head I’m drawing a blank

It’s bizarre

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps

It’s crazy when you think about it, has there been any other American NBA guard in recent history that at no point in high school, AAU or college was a #1 option or primary ballhandler for their team? Off the top of my head I’m drawing a blank

It’s bizarre
He was the leader his Sr year, but not to the level of guys before him and after him.

Justin Pippen's Sr year was more aggressive/better scoring than Bronny's Sr year. And now he's going to Michigan

Son of Bron and a Westbrook stan and yet don't attack the rim is wild. Not being explosive off the bounce is one thing. Weighing 210 and having no idea how to use your his strength tho..

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
JJ saying he’s a developmental player and can be the next Lu Dort :heh:

This kid in the G League will be severely outclassed

Deuce McBride was a G League god every time he went there he’s the ball pressure, off-ball guard Bronny can model after but even then he’s nowhere near dude

Guaranteed 4 year deal :snoop: