Celtics vs Lakers: Bronny James Summer League game thread, Jaylen Brown says Bronny isn't a pro

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think that’s exactly what the Lakers are in the Jeanie Buss era :hubie:

Sometimes known as "the Klutch era":francis:

I dont believe that yet, but its hard to say. Are they just trying to sell tickets? Or are they just to afraid to try to rebuild? But even with that they could be thinking how a rebuild hurts ticket sales. I just think Lebron has them in a trance.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The financial value right…?

No,you normally dont get much from a 55th pick. But with Bronny I believe you get a Lebron whos more motivated than hes been in years. I think being that hes getting to play with Bronny,he would be okay with this being his final year and he will play like it. Expect to see a Lebron possessed this year offensively imo. Not to mention your talking about arguably the most physically gifted nba player of all time in Lebron. At 55,Im taking Lebron with the expectation of a growth spurt any day now. Thats alot of value at the 55th pick,for the first reason alone. If Lebron averages 8 more ppg,the Bronny pick was a success.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sometimes known as "the Klutch era":francis:

I dont believe that yet, but its hard to say. Are they just trying to sell tickets? Or are they just to afraid to try to rebuild? But even with that they could be thinking how a rebuild hurts ticket sales. I just think Lebron has them in a trance.

Personally I think even getting involved in this Bronny spectacle is a sign that they’re unserious :manny:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
No,you normally dont get much from a 55th pick. But with Bronny I believe you get a Lebron whos more motivated than hes been in years. I think being that hes getting to play with Bronny,he would be okay with this being his final year and he will play like it. Expect to see a Lebron possessed this year offensively imo. Not to mention your talking about arguably the most physically gifted nba player of all time in Lebron. At 55,Im taking Lebron with the expectation of a growth spurt any day now. Thats alot of value at the 55th pick,for the first reason alone. If Lebron averages 8 more ppg,the Bronny pick was a success.
Im a little confused.

If you’re saying that drafting Bronny to secure LeBron is the value then I agree.

If you’re expecting Bronny to become even 1/10th of what Bron is then…..that aint happening.

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
No way Apple News gave me a notification about Jaylen Brown clarifying his comments :dead: .

And @jaydawg08 you doing way too much in these threads. Put the cape down and relax
Pass over my comments there if you don’t like what I gotta say breh.. I really don’t GAF

:yeshrug:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
I was talking to my boy about this after last night's game. I was like he doesn't look like he belongs out there. He calls me a hater, then says no other 2nd Rounders get called out like this. And I'm legit perplexed because his numbers back up my statement.

He's undersized for his position and doesn't do anything good. He was tagged as a 3-D guy, and he's 0-15 from 3 in Summer League. It's alarming that he's standing out for just not looking the part. That's the main takeaway for me. Some guys you can clearly see are ready and just ballin' out, Bronny been so irrelevant out there that everyone can see it. AND he's playing like 26-30 MPG and starting
LeBron is a delusional father that tweet of Bronny being better than guys in the league has aged terribly.

This kid is not good. His ball handling is mediocre which means he can’t make plays for others or shot create, he can’t shoot despite solid mechanics hasn’t made a jumper in SL with poor C&S numbers at USC and Sierra Canyon, 67% FT in NCAA this kid cannot shoot he’s not a 3&D guy and he’s not a lead ball handler which means he ain’t shyt.

His calling card is supposed to be defense he can shine there with his effort and athleticism but his footwork and navigation has left a lot to be desired. He is not ready to be a + defender in the league and is too small to really have that defensive impact where you can look past his offense.

This stuff about IQ and letting the game come to him is nonsense to cover his skill deficiencies. His offensive awareness is piss poor he misses cuts and driving angles regularly. He doesn’t seek advantages and is idle a lot of the time. He typically spots up 2-3 feet behind the line because he knows that’s the only way he’s getting his jumper off clean.

This kid got shytted on by Jaylen Brown and is out here winning Call of Duty tournaments just terrible optics. Bron with his bullshyt has opened up this kid that is clearly not NBA caliber for confidence destroying critique and embarrassment. This kid was better off obtaining a college degree and having a 4 year college career then becoming a sports agent, architect, doctor, lawyer, or anything else.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Personally I think even getting involved in this Bronny spectacle is a sign that they’re unserious :manny:

Letting Lebron walk would also look unserious. This seems more like a lack of confidence. But what great basketball minds do they have in the front office? Whats there to be confident about:francis:?

Hopefully they start focusing on finding those people soon. Letting Lebron go before then would expose they dont know what they are doing.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Even if Jaylen's tweet he still said "Bronny ain't a pro" in a nice roundabout way..... "He has all the tools around him to grow" :mjlol: Come on... Everyone can see what's going on here but I do wish Bronny the best. It's unfortunate.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
That ESPN 100 ranking was definitely bullshyt no way dude was one of the best in his class or worthy of a 4 star or a McDonald’s All-American.

He has no offensive capability he is just athletic and built for his age it’s night and day between he and his dad at the same age. This kid would have been better suited for football. As an offensive guard he is levels below Marcus Jordan.

Nothing good comes from this “nepotism” it will only hurt him mentally in the long run. This is a circus around the team and this undeserving player took a draft slot from many more talented kids who worked harder and had less advantages.

There is nothing dope about playing with your son if your son fukking sucks and everyone knows he doesn’t deserve to be there. How LeBron could go with this charade all these years is mindboggling.

Last edited:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Im a little confused.

If you’re saying that drafting Bronny to secure LeBron is the value then I agree.

If you’re expecting Bronny to become even 1/10th of what Bron is then…..that aint happening.

Im almost sure about the first.

Based on genetic potential+pedigree,i just think it was worth spending a 55th on. Even if another team had used that pick on Bronny. I dont know if the growth spurt is coming,but if it does:whew:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Im almost sure about the first.

Based on genetic potential+pedigree,i just think it was worth spending a 55th on. Even if another team had used that pick on Bronny. I dont know if the growth spurt is coming,but if it does:whew:
Even if it does, Bronny just don’t have that type if dog in him.

Been that way in HS, College, and now G-League