Celtics vs Lakers: Bronny James Summer League game thread, Jaylen Brown says Bronny isn't a pro

Flight

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
KC
It’s crazy when you think about it, has there been any other American NBA guard in recent history that at no point in high school, AAU or college was a #1 option or primary ballhandler for their team? Off the top of my head I’m drawing a blank

It’s bizarre
I follow recruiting and I genuinely can’t ever remember this happening before. Guys team up and split duties on loaded high school teams but they always have a team where they are the guy to get reps. I recall reading in a book about Kobe that Joe had him on two AAU teams. One of the teams were for elite competition and one team was so he could be the man and experiment.

Any guards yall can think of that fits the never the man requirement @CantStop @aceboon ?

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I follow recruiting and I genuinely can’t ever remember this happening before. Guys team up and split duties on loaded high school teams but they always have a team where they are the guy to get reps. I recall reading in a book about Kobe that Joe had him on two AAU teams. One of the teams were for elite competition and one team was so he could be the man and experiment.

Any guards yall can think of that fits the never the man requirement @CantStop @aceboon ?
can't ever remember a guard not getting any on-ball reps anywhere, for as smart and calculated as Bron/Rich are I don't get what they were doing with this kid. even if you thought he was going to grow taller to be a wing why would you not want on-ball reps considering Bron himself was an on-ball wing his entire life