Celtics vs Lakers: Bronny James Summer League game thread, Jaylen Brown says Bronny isn't a pro

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
I know Lebron thinks he's doing his son a favor but was it worth it? I know Bron said Bronny doesn't care about the criticism but that's complete bullshyt. everyone cares to a certain extent and a 19 year old def cares. being ridiculed by the entire world and now your peers are clowning you is demoralizing. what I also peeped is how little control Bronny has. even in his predraft interviews, it seemed like he had no idea what was going on and very clearly had no input either. he kept repeating that he just follows what his agents tell him and then he said his goal wasn't to necessarily play with his dad but his agents threatened teams to not draft him because the Lakers will. :mjtf:
I’m pretty sure they told other teams not to draft him cause the Lakers were the only team willing to make that level of commitment to Bronny.

As an agent, that’s your single job. Get a team to commit to your client and throw $$ down as part of it. Lakers have a multi year incentive to make it work. This isn’t a 1-2 year thing like a Max Lewis

bigde09

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m pretty sure they told other teams not to draft him cause the Lakers were the only team willing to make that level of commitment to Bronny.

As an agent, that’s your single job. Get a team to commit to your client and throw $$ down as part of it. Lakers have a multi year incentive to make it work. This isn’t a 1-2 year thing like a Max Lewis
Is this Lebron’s publicist :laff:

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

what's the incentive to make it work? to keep Lebron happy? so essentially Bronny is collateral which duh... we knew that. as soon as Bronny got drafted, we knew Bron was a lock. So again, why do the Lakers have incentive to make it work? Because players that get drafted that late rarely last more than a couple of years, if that or they stay in the G-league to develop so why the insistence on Bronny not being on a 2 way? why are we giving him special accommodations other than to keep his father happy?

OGBobbyJohnson

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Tri State Area
Forget Bronny, all I know is Angel Reese got a body like a taller Michelle Tucker :ohmy:
Y3FuF3C.png

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
what's the incentive to make it work? to keep Lebron happy? so essentially Bronny is collateral which duh... we knew that. as soon as Bronny got drafted, we knew Bron was a lock. So again, why do the Lakers have incentive to make it work? Because players that get drafted that late rarely last more than a couple of years, if that or they stay in the G-league to develop so why the insistence on Bronny not being on a 2 way? why are we giving him special accommodations other than to keep his father happy?
The incentive is the 4 year guaranteed deal. And not a 2 way which essentially doesn’t have $$ tied to an organization. It’s essentially like someone signing to the practice squad in the NFL, you can be easily discarded

You can go to the G league on a guaranteed contract breh. 14 of the 30 1st round draft picks spent time in the G league last year. JHS played ALOT of his ball

But really he’s not all together that special when Chris Livingston signed a very similar contract as the last pick in the draft last year (repped by Klutch).

34TheTruth

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boston

Let it go. This is his ceiling. He’s ass :mjcry: