Celtics vs Lakers: Bronny James Summer League game thread, Jaylen Brown says Bronny isn't a pro

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
Let it go. This is his ceiling. He’s ass :mjcry:
I’m giving props to Rich Paul on that post.. he’s obviously shown that he can get players drafted late REALLY good deals heading into the NBA

Bronny isn’t the only one

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The incentive is the 4 year guaranteed deal. And not a 2 way which essentially doesn’t have $$ tied to an organization. It’s essentially like someone signing to the practice squad in the NFL, you can be easily discarded

You can go to the G league on a guaranteed contract breh. 14 of the 30 1st round draft picks spent time in the G league last year. JHS played ALOT of his ball

But really he’s not all together that special when Chris Livingston signed a very similar contract as the last pick in the draft last year (repped by Klutch).

Really it's 3 years guaranteed with a team option the last year. either way his salary and cap hold is so small that they eat that, trade it for a future pick or just waive him. they don't need Bronny to pan out because a 55th pick panning out is unlikely. also the difference between chris livingston/bucks and Bronny/Lakers is that Livingston got that deal because he cancelled his future workouts in order to be drafted late by the Bucks. the trade off was more money and more years. the Bucks WANTED Livingston while the Lakers were FORCED to take Bronny. even when rich was talking about other teams being interested in bronny, it was under the guise of nepotisim. "the mavericks GM is basically an uncle to Bronny..."

this is entirely disgraceful and I don't blame Bronny a bit, I blame Klutch and Lebron. answer me this, if Lebron was 32 instead of 39, would he have rushed Bronny to the draft? my answer, absolutely not.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Wonder how Bron gonna feel if the kid is pretty much out the league as soon as he retires (who knows when the hell that'll be...) :francis: Kid could've had a floor of an Ish Smith career if they could've translated some of that HS talent over in college but there's no shot that even the 3 or so years of Lakers development that Bron will afford him can mold this guy into a league vet. Could see him being a top of the line "not in the NBA" player, but Bron ain't letting the kid play in China and Europe I'm sure...

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
Really it's 3 years guaranteed with a team option the last year. either way his salary and cap hold is so small that they eat that, trade it for a future pick or just waive him. they don't need Bronny to pan out because a 55th pick panning out is unlikely. also the difference between chris livingston/bucks and Bronny/Lakers is that Livingston got that deal because he cancelled his future workouts in order to be drafted late by the Bucks. the trade off was more money and more years. the Bucks WANTED Livingston while the Lakers were FORCED to take Bronny. even when rich was talking about other teams being interested in bronny, it was under the guise of nepotisim. "the mavericks GM is basically an uncle to Bronny..."

this is entirely disgraceful and I don't blame Bronny a bit, I blame Klutch and Lebron. answer me this, if Lebron was 32 instead of 39, would he have rushed Bronny to the draft? my answer, absolutely not.
Ehh you do have to look at the surrounding landscape of his situation.. USC as a program wasn’t the right option with a new coach now, so he would have had to transfer and try and get with a developmental coach/program and came into a HARDER draft next year. This years draft class had some depth but overall was very mid

Lmao if you think the Lakers aren’t about to be VERY happy they drafted Bronny. You of all people know that the ownership group saw $$$ and were more than happy to give him that contract cause frankly Bron and Bronny about to be underpaid on their contract for the eyeballs and stories this is bringing.

Idk why people are blaming Bron for Bronny not being a better basketball players lol. Bronny is incredibly skilled compared to 99% if the world, but that still ain’t enough at this point

The Wolves, Suns, Raptors, etc had interest in Bronny cause at pick #55 you take a swing on potential and it costs you essentially nothing

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Bron and Rich Paul threw Bronny straight to the wolves. I feel bad for the kid. How come Savannah didn't step in and kept Bronny in school where he belongs :hhh:

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
I’m actually at the point I feel bad for bronny

Nope.

He could’ve bowed out after his heart situation and called it a day but doubled down because the plan for him was already laid.

With his resources and access he could’ve taken his add to Harvard Business School after USC and set up a lil boutique imprint at CAA and been the face on some ROC Nation shīt. Or go for the youth wave and be a bootleg Kai Cenat with way more polish.

It’s not like his options were NBA or bust. He’s a grown man. He can pick what his life can be or just admit he’s confused and hang with Rich Paul just to get a sense of what the business world looks like when you have access to the top dudes in the league

GilSho

Veteran
Daps
Bron and Rich Paul threw Bronny straight to the wolves. I feel bad for the kid. How come Savannah didn't step in and kept Bronny in school where he belongs :hhh:
19 year old being clowned all over social media, sports channels and even by his fellow pros. His mental must be cooked by now: :snoop:

Should've been an influencer/gamer/streamer making millions off his father's fame rather than going through this humiliation because of Bron's ego. :francis: