Carmelo and La La on cover of "Black Love" Ebony Mag. edit-thoughts?

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
But again, it has to start with self love and acceptance of who you are, and rejection of "black" being synonymous with bad traits (for example when 2 sistas are trading words and one ALWAYS has to call the other a "black bytch" :snoop: . Like damn, "bytch" wasn't enough?).

I can't stand when black people say dumb shyt like that when they're tryna argue or make fun of somebody :why: :mindblown:

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
She can be what she wants to be. A lot of people with her same racial/ethnic wouldn't even give two shyts about their black part. A person's identity is shaped by their environment and how they react to it. That is why a dude like Mario Ballotelli considers himself Italian over being Ghanaian. If he grew up in a Ghanaian home he would think differently. You are the one that has the problem breh. I'm not considered African-American by some even though I was born here. I've been told I'm different since parents came straight from the motherland. It doesn't bother me. People have different categorizations for the themselves and others have a different for them. Some people argue that black Americans are not 100% black so they shouldn't consider themselves of African decent and just consider themselves mixed or American.

Agreed, you can be what you want to be. Mario Balotelli is a good example. Don't you think putting Balotelli on the front page of a magazine called "Ghana Football" would be an affront to all the Ghanaian players who rep their country? You can't have it two ways, you're black 100% of the time, or you're not black 100% of the time.

Black person's response:
- I'm black. Oh, why is my hair extra curly? well, my grandma was native American

c00n/mixed breed response:
-What am I, well, I am Native American, Irish, Scottish, and 1/8th Filipino. Oh, why am I dark? Well, supposedly, my dad was half black, but I'm not sure.

^^^the second one shouldn't be in any magazine representing black people

Last edited:

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
Guys dark brown and pitch Black Africans are the *real* Black people. Let's ignore the fact that the first Black men and humans to walk the earth were Ethiopians (range form yellow to brown) and Khoisians (yellow) and Niolites (Black). Nope, all pure Black people are dark as the night sky :heh:

If you have a half Black parent and a Black parent, you aren't Black, you're no race :troll:
You know whats funny though? I met an Ethiopian just this past month that was telling me that Ethiopians and East Africans around that region aren't black.

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
Go google "Black Love" and see if you can tell the difference :troll:

black+love.jpg
art+of+Black+Love.jpg

young_black_love_by_manassehart-d4xe3ep10.jpg

african-american-wedding-inspiration-trendy-bride-9.jpg

black-love-17.jpg

r-BLACK-LOVE-large570.jpg

black-love-is-not-dead-wymm.jpg

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
You know whats funny though? I met an Ethiopian just this past month that was telling me that Ethiopians and East Africans around that region aren't black.

Black as in Black American. They're the same as Dominicans and other Africans who make sure that everyone knows they aren't Black American.

@2Quik4UHoes will tell you what it is.

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Poitier

I'm OK with saying we're all black in solidarity but I don't know about all of this shyt breh :yeshrug:
I guess you have a point when it comes to Black Americans though. :lupe:

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
Black Love :troll:

StephenCurryWife.jpg

Nikkas dont care about the images we put out into the media, like it doesn't affect the psyche of our people. I forgot what poster said it, but he said we need to stop allowing these mixbreeds and half-castes to be considered "black" because by doing so, you're altering the standard of beauty in our community. Our women aspire to look like something they'll never be able to achieve.

And....Mixed people/mulattos have always been opportunistic. They know they can be on the lower end of the totem pole in the white community or be the elites in the black community. If it better served them to be white, they would go be white tomorrow. You obviously can't tell people what they can and can't identify with but, these mixed folk should not be the ones representing us when there's full black celebs couples out there. If yall cool with these folk representing you, then its obvious you're one of them.

This is Black Love to me.

Exactly. Dominicans in DR swear they ain't black, but in NY they wanna be down :rudy: When they're amongst white people, they're bacchata loving gentle folk, but then when they're in the hood and sh*t is about to get thick, they look to their black homies for backup. This is coming from a guy whose Mom's side of the family is Lisa Raye/Alicia Keys skin tone, and who's dad's side is Morris Chestnut/Don Cheadle skin tone, and I've always had to deal with this bullsh*t growing up. Anytime I come back from the tropics my moms is berating me because my skin got darker. I be like :what: women I am BLACK, what does it matter? So this is coming from someone on the other side of the color spectrum. And it disgusts me personally. And the funny thing is that it won't even be the Ari Parker types, it will be a Lala type whose mixture is BARELY noticeable talking down on darker folks. The right to be on the cover of a black magazine should be EARNED. This the kind of bullsh*t that happens when we sell our sh*t to corporate America.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
@Poitier

I'm OK with saying we're all black in solidarity but I don't know about all of this shyt breh :yeshrug:

I like Lolo Jones as much as the next dude but she's a good American. I don't know if she should be on the cover of Ebony though

Lolo Jones is biracial so she isn't Black but the only person in this thread who isn't Black is Mariah. Carmelo and Lala are a Black couple. West Africans and the darkest Black Americans are not the only representations of Blackness.

Medio

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New York
This is what you're left with when black people want to claim everyone.

Mariah Carey and a Hispanic couple on the front covers of black magazines representing "black love".

lol, they are not a hispanic couple. they kids not gonna have no fukking quincinera.