Carmelo and La La on cover of "Black Love" Ebony Mag. edit-thoughts?

Guile

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Mariah Carey ain't shyt and doesn't consider herself black. She has said countless times that she is mixed race, which is fine, but don't call her love "black love" because she doesn't call herself black.

At least Lala identifies with being black.

She says this but dates black men is married to a black guy. And her children will definitely be considered black.

Actions and words my friend.

DarlingNikki

lil baby
Daps
Reppin
Puerta Medusa.
She says this but dates black men is married to a black guy. And her children will definitely be considered black.

Actions and words my friend.

That's not the point, it's about what she considers herself. I don't want anyone representing my love that doesn't believe they represent me.

1352926853_mariah-carey-nick-cannon-467.jpg

They'll be whatever they're raised to believe they are, and since mommy apparently has issues they just might too.

Daps
Reppin
California
cant even remember last time i read ebony mag

Oh naw just cause these dumb ass coli nikkas over here bytching about race once again, don't think Ima let this slide--nygga why the fukk you reading Ebony magazine?

Why are MEN in a thread about Ebony magazine, yall are something.

And furthermore why does love have to be "Black love" anyway? Love is just love what the fukk is wrong with all you old ass purists, can't wait till yall gone.

mozichrome

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Oh naw just cause these dumb ass coli nikkas over here bytching about race once again, don't think Ima let this slide--nygga why the fukk you reading Ebony magazine?

Why are MEN in a thread about Ebony magazine, yall are something.

And furthermore why does love have to be "Black love" anyway? Love is just love what the fukk is wrong with all you old ass purists, can't wait till yall gone.

i dont know how to respond to this

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
You call that black love? I see mixed people in there and if they are mixed then at least pick those who consider themselves black not people who don't even want to claim black.

What kind of bullshyt is this. If you gonna call it something then actually have what your claiming it is. :snoop:

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
As I said, they could have easily put Lebron and Savannah on the cover. That's black love. Yall nikkas stay tryna have these mixbreeds represent us. Knowing yall nikkas, yall probably put Stephen Curry and his wife on there next and call it black love. No wonder darkskin girls think poorly of themselves.

lebron-james-savannah-brinson.jpg

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
As I said, they could have easily put Lebron and Savannah on the cover. That's black love. Yall nikkas stay tryna have these mixbreeds represent us. Knowing yall nikkas, yall probably put Stephen Curry and his wife on there next and call it black love. No wonder darkskin girls think poorly of themselves.

:dead: @ Stephen Curry being black.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Lala, Carmelo and Nick Cannon are all clearly Black. Mariah is biracial. Obama is Black love but you have a problem with this? Wade and Gabrielle Union weren't on all types of magazine covers? Find something else to be fake outraged.

essence-gabby-union-dwyane-wade.jpg

Stephen Curry is multigenerational mixed Black man. Dad is Black and mother is a Black creole

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly

Black Love :troll:

StephenCurryWife.jpg

Nikkas dont care about the images we put out into the media, like it doesn't affect the psyche of our people. I forgot what poster said it, but he said we need to stop allowing these mixbreeds and half-castes to be considered "black" because by doing so, you're altering the standard of beauty in our community. Our women aspire to look like something they'll never be able to achieve.

And....Mixed people/mulattos have always been opportunistic. They know they can be on the lower end of the totem pole in the white community or be the elites in the black community. If it better served them to be white, they would go be white tomorrow. You obviously can't tell people what they can and can't identify with but, these mixed folk should not be the ones representing us when there's full black celebs couples out there. If yall cool with these folk representing you, then its obvious you're one of them.

This is Black Love to me.

Last edited: