Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY

In a blog post on its official site, Netflix NFLX -1.13% revealed the seeds it planted back in 2012 will finally come to fruition later this year. Starting in September, the contract between the streaming platform and Disney will go into effect, with Netflix holding the exclusive U.S. rights to Disney's films. This includes not just films under the Disney brand, but also its Marvel, Lucasfilm, and Pixar subsidiaries.

The deal kicking in means that other platforms like Amazon Prime and Starz, which currently licenses multiple Disney titles, will no longer carry Disney's new releases. Audiences will still be able to stream previous Disney umbrella releases, but moving forward, all future releases from Captain America: Civil War onward will only be able to be viewed on Netflix. The same will apply for films under Disney's other subsidiaries, such as Zootopia, Alice Through the Looking Glass, and Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. It was a seemingly a karmic twist of fate that happened when the initial deal was signed: Though Netflix's previous contract with Starz expired in 2012 when negotiations fell apart, it struck the deal with Disney shortly thereafter.

The Netflix-Disney deal was the first time a major studio chose to eschew a cable service for its releases in favor of going directly to online streaming for pay distribution post-release. The deal was estimated to have cost Netflix about $300 million in total, a hefty sum. But Netflix and Disney have gotten more than cozy in the past year, with Netflix's original properties centering around two Marvel series in Daredevil and Jessica Jones, with a Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and Punisher series on the way, along with a Defenders ensemble movie.

So far, it's a partnership that has worked out advantageously for both parties. While Netflix famously does not disclose its viewing figures, San Diego-based Luth Research conducted an independent study last year and determined an estimated 10.7% of Netflix's subscribers streamed Daredevil, far more than Netflix's other popular original properties in House of Cards and Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.

PRETTY MUCH DISNEY FILMS RELEASED 2016 AND ON

The deal does come with one stipulation: Netflix’s rights in the United States only apply to releases from the studio beginning in 2016. This means it’s primarily newer Disney films that are available to stream on Netflix, such as the ones listed below.

1. Zootopia
2. The Jungle Book
3. Captain America: Civil War
4. Finding Dory
5. Doctor Strange
6. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

7. Moana
8. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
9. Beauty and the Beast
10. Thor: Ragnarok

Last edited:

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finally watched this. It's cool much more entertaining than Avengers 2. But man why is Iron Man such a bytch?

:hhh:

Iron Man inadvertently created the thing that nuked Sekovia, murdered countless innocent people, almost got Pepper killed in Iron Man 3, and is dealing with his demons.

Of course he thinks that the power that heroes wield needs to be checked.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
:hhh:

Iron Man inadvertently created the thing that nuked Sekovia, murdered countless innocent people, almost got Pepper killed in Iron Man 3, and is dealing with his demons.

Of course he thinks that the power that heroes wield needs to be checked.
superheroes-go-through.jpg

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:francis:

Gotta think about the scale, breh. Iron Man was torn up when he came back from being a hostage and realized exactly how much death his weapons caused. Then he ended up sacrificing himself, dying, and realizing exactly what kind of enemies they were faced with. He tried to protect more civilians with Ultron which led to the nuking of an entire city and countless deaths. Then think about all the damage the Extremis did.

Tony has a lot of deaths on his conscience. It makes sense for him to be dealing with it words than everyone else.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
nothing from 2016 was better than the airport battle. i've watched it 20 times and it's still great.
I just watched Avengers 2 finally yesterday. I was like damn action sequences are wack to me now. Couldn't even think of the last one I truly enjoyed. Popped in Civil War was feeling it just off story. But man when that airport scene started I was :gladbron:. In my head I thought it was gonna be just a little skirmish. Boy was I wrong. They was fukking each other up:pachaha:

I'm no comic geek or even action junkie, but that scene is top 10 all time in my action movie watching history.

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Question, is Bucky's arm made of vibranium? I never understood why T'Challa's ring reacted to Bucky's arm? :ohhh:

It can go both ways. But seeing how Iron Man blew his arm off, I doubt it.

It looks like T'Challa was trying to break his arm in half but was getting overpowered out of his suit so he ended up flipping him.

You see Bucky's arm used to measure strength a lot. You realize it's all but impossible for even super human regulars to stop it (Black Widow) but you see T'Challa able to hold it off so it instinctively let's you know he's super human even outside his suit.

Later on, you see him overpower it in his suit (During the airport). I thought it was just progression of that.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
I just watched Avengers 2 finally yesterday. I was like damn action sequences are wack to me now. Couldn't even think of the last one I truly enjoyed. Popped in Civil War was feeling it just off story. But man when that airport scene started I was :gladbron:. In my head I thought it was gonna be just a little skirmish. Boy was I wrong. They was fukking each other up:pachaha:

I'm no comic geek or even action junkie, but that scene is top 10 all time in my action movie watching history.
I think I'm ready to admit Ultron flat sucked. It progressed the overall story, it introduced a couple of the less interesting Avengers, and that's about it. I don't need to see the Hulkbuster scene again. Like if you were to marathon the MCU in the future, there is almost zero reason to watch Ultron. I've said it before, it's just a midseason episode of the MCU TV show.

They could sum that movie up in a 1 minute clip. "Avengers fukked up a fictional country which led to the events of Civil War. Vision was created, Scarlett Witch was introduced, Hawkeye had a family or something... uhh, we got the first hints of the Black Panther storyline, there was a cool fight scene with Iron Man and Hulk and Scarlett Witch had a brother, but he was cooler in XMen. Oh and there was the worst post credit scene in the entire MCU. They just shoehorned Thanos into the movie with Thor's weird storyline and the shot of the gauntlet."