Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
superheroes-go-through.jpg

Okay I wasn't ready for this.... :dead:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I think I'm ready to admit Ultron flat sucked. It progressed the overall story, it introduced a couple of the less interesting Avengers, and that's about it. I don't need to see the Hulkbuster scene again. Like if you were to marathon the MCU in the future, there is almost zero reason to watch Ultron. I've said it before, it's just a midseason episode of the MCU TV show.

They could sum that movie up in a 1 minute clip. "Avengers fukked up a fictional country which led to the events of Civil War. Vision was created, Scarlett Witch was introduced, Hawkeye had a family or something... uhh, we got the first hints of the Black Panther storyline, there was a cool fight scene with Iron Man and Hulk and Scarlett Witch had a brother, but he was cooler in XMen. Oh and there was the worst post credit scene in the entire MCU. They just shoehorned Thanos into the movie with Thor's weird storyline and the shot of the gauntlet."
I disagree. The only thing I had a serious gripe about is Ultron not laying the smack down on anyone. He was just a major shyt talker.
But the beginning of the movie when Scarlet Witch activates Tony Stark's fear and he has the dream of all the Avengers dead, is really laying the groundwork for Infinity War and how Tony is preparing for it. And he knows there are threats on the way they are not ready for.

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
BOX OFFICE: CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR Ranked As The Highest Grossing Film Of 2016

2016 was a favourable year for fantasy, animated features, and - most importantly - comic book films! According to an analysis from The Hollywood Reporter (via Box Office Mojo), Marvel Studios' Captain America: Civil War lead 2016 with a $1.15 billion haul at the box office, with Disney and Pixar's Finding Dory coming in a close second with $1.028 billion. Several other CBM's found their way into the top 10 as well, including Batman v Superman, Deadpool, and Suicide Squad.

1. Captain America Civil War - $1.15B
2. Finding Dory - $1.028B
3. Zootopia - $1.024B
4. The Jungle Book - $966.6M
5. The Secret Life of Pets - $875.5M
6. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - $873.3M
7. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story - $801.9M
8. Deadpool - $783.1M
9. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - $777M
10. Suicide Squad - $745.6M

:picard::whoo::ooh::banderas:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
BOX OFFICE: CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR Ranked As The Highest Grossing Film Of 2016

2016 was a favourable year for fantasy, animated features, and - most importantly - comic book films! According to an analysis from The Hollywood Reporter (via Box Office Mojo), Marvel Studios' Captain America: Civil War lead 2016 with a $1.15 billion haul at the box office, with Disney and Pixar's Finding Dory coming in a close second with $1.028 billion. Several other CBM's found their way into the top 10 as well, including Batman v Superman, Deadpool, and Suicide Squad.

1. Captain America Civil War - $1.15B
2. Finding Dory - $1.028B
3. Zootopia - $1.024B
4. The Jungle Book - $966.6M
5. The Secret Life of Pets - $875.5M
6. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - $873.3M
7. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story - $801.9M
8. Deadpool - $783.1M
9. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - $777M
10. Suicide Squad - $745.6M

:picard::whoo::ooh::banderas:

If you would've told me 20 years ago a Captain America movie would outgross a movie with Superman and Batman I would've laughed in your face.

Fred.

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
Yea Buck was basically his last friend from back in his day that was still alive. I would've been the same way.

If you would've told me 20 years ago a Captain America movie would outgross a movie with Superman and Batman I would've laughed in your face.

Fred.

I'm surprised this news haven't sparked some big stan war lol

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
you must not have a day one nikka or a brother, cap n buck were legit bros dude. i wldnt let no one harm or capture my brother no matter what, fukk u mean

You do know Bucky was murdering people and women for decades, don't forget that dude murdered caps friends mother and father, for me I can't rationalize that shyt.
I got a day one nikka right now doing 100 years for assaulting two women and child, that's my boy but, he gotta suffer the consequences for that vile shyt.

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
You do know Bucky was murdering people and women for decades, don't forget that dude murdered caps friends mother and father, for me I can't rationalize that shyt.
I got a day one nikka right now doing 100 years for assaulting two women and child, that's my boy but, he gotta suffer the consequences for that vile shyt.
yea i understand where u coming from i guess I was minimizing certain things on bucky's behalf. tho in cap 2 u see he stops bucky when he goes for the last hellicarrier even tho he pleaded and aint want to. I was just saying that their bond is strong and maybe at times it does cloud cap's head in situations(he mentions this when he tlks to wanda about freezing up when crossbones mentions bucky and not disarming him).