Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh peter was using goggles and a Hoodie. He didn't have a real suit at all.

Their is a world of difference between upgrading his suit and giving him his first official suit.

That's changing the characters origin story. That cant be brushed off as just simply an upgrade.

When I think of Spiderman's origin I think of radioactive spider bite and the death of Uncle Ben. I don't think of Peter at a sewing machine making a costume. If Peter had no web shooters or web fluid and Stark came up with that for him I would be pissed but the background of the costume doesn't bother me because the costume isn't who he is, it's just aesthetics. The web shooters, on the other hand, show his intellect and capability in science, which is an important part of who Peter is.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
When I think of Spiderman's origin I think of radioactive spider bite and the death of Uncle Ben. I don't think of Peter at a sewing machine making a costume. If Peter had no web shooters or web fluid and Stark came up with that for him I would be pissed but the background of the costume doesn't bother me because the costume isn't who he is, it's just aesthetics. The web shooters, on the other hand, show his intellect and capability in science, which is an important part of who Peter is.
The costume is very much an important part of who he is. Having another character design and create it is :stopitslime:

It was tacky and just more of the same iron man fetish these films have.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Man Chris Hemsworth is a deceptively hilarious dude :russ:
He is. He was great on snl when he hosted

He needs to pick better films. I think an ensemble comedy would do his career wonders outside mcu. And no Ghostbusters doesn't count :heh:

He needs a 21 jump street like channing.

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:why:

No the fukk it isn't. Zemo killed innocent people maliciously. In no world would a guy who bombs innocent people and frames people be looked at as the hero and be rooted for. Name 1 action film that a hero killed innocents for revenge in.

He's got a tragic back story and his motivations were caused by the hero's. That's it. Hes not a hero,that's laughable. He's a villain consumed by vengeance.

I know you dudes will never admit faults with these films but :pachaha:

He had a standard generic villain back story they weren't flipping tropes on their head :dead: he worked as a plot device in the context of the film. Their simply wasn't enough screen time for him to be properly developed as a character.

Do you know how many action films I've seen where a bad guy or terrorist explains his motivation by saying his family was bombed or killed by the US military just like Zemo. That doesn't make them hero tropes flipped on their head. Give me a break with this shyt.

The question of killing innocent people in action movies depends on your definition of innocent and your views on collateral damage. A bunch action movies have the hero run through tons of goons that had nothing to do with what they're seeking revenge for, would they be considered innocent since they are just doing their job? Even more action movies have the heroes causing massive explosions that potentially kill bystanders but we don't focus on that in those movies.

My point in the last post was not that Zemo was right or a good person but that he's a different look at the do anything for revenge type character from some action movies. It begs the question of how far is too far? Most people would agree that he went too far but if you watch a movie like Man on Fire would you say he went too far or because it was "bad guys" he killed and tortured is it ok?

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The costume is very much an important part of who he is. Having another character design and create it is :stopitslime:

It was tacky and just more of the same iron man fetish these films have.

The costume has changed many times over the years sometimes very drastically and he was still Spiderman no matter what he wore. He's even had one given to him by Tony Stark in the story arc this movie was named for so it's not like they pulled this idea out of thin air. I don't see it as a big deal so explain to me how the costume is important to who he is and why designing it himself is so important to the character.:jbhmm:

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
The costume has changed many times over the years sometimes very drastically and he was still Spiderman no matter what he wore. He's even had one given to him by Tony Stark in the story arc this movie was named for so it's not like they pulled this idea out of thin air. I don't see it as a big deal so explain to me how the costume is important to who he is and why designing it himself is so important to the character.:jbhmm:
Again, upgrading a costume is not the same as having another character create and design the characters first costume.

The fact you think they're even remotely comparable is just astonishing.

Are you really asking me why a character creating his own costume and keeping the same origin is important:mindblown:

The fact you continously :cape::cape::cape::cape: for every single decision they make is :wtf:

The spider man costume is iconic. The designs change but the classic look has always remained the same.

Peter creates the costume himself.It shows his intelligence and resourcefulness for a high school kid to create said costume. It's no different than him also creating the Web shooters. It's part of a package.

You strip away his origins and give Tony stark credit for it you are taking away from the character himself.

Now explain to me,what benefit does it have towards spider man as a character to rip away him creating his own costume and let iron man do it?

Would you be fine with Tony designing every single costume in the mcu as well? Since you seem to think it's not important?

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
The question of killing innocent people in action movies depends on your definition of innocent and your views on collateral damage. A bunch action movies have the hero run through tons of goons that had nothing to do with what they're seeking revenge for, would they be considered innocent since they are just doing their job? Even more action movies have the heroes causing massive explosions that potentially kill bystanders but we don't focus on that in those movies.

My point in the last post was not that Zemo was right or a good person but that he's a different look at the do anything for revenge type character from some action movies. It begs the question of how far is too far? Most people would agree that he went too far but if you watch a movie like Man on Fire would you say he went too far or because it was "bad guys" he killed and tortured is it ok?
Zemo is absolutely not a different look for those type of characters unless you're 8 years old and have never watched films before.

These are all well worn tropes. You seem to want to give marvel credit for creating something original when they just follow tropes from generic action films. Again, it's laughable.

It's really not that deep or interesting. It's been done before.

You comparing man on fire,a film where the character starts killing people in a corrupt system where police and others conspire to kidnap and murder people for profit with Zemo, a man bombing a un panel meeting where they were reigning in and trying to prevent further tragedies is so misguided I don't even know where to begin.

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Again, upgrading a costume is not the same as having another character create and design the characters first costume.

The fact you think they're even remotely comparable is just astonishing.

Are you really asking me why a character creating his own costume and keeping the same origin is important:mindblown:

The fact you continously :cape::cape::cape::cape: for every single decision they make is :wtf:

The spider man costume is iconic. The designs change but the classic look has always remained the same.

Peter creates the costume himself.It shows his intelligence and resourcefulness for a high school kid to create said costume. It's no different than him also creating the Web shooters. It's part of a package.

You strip away his origins and give Tony stark credit for it you are taking away from the character himself.

Now explain to me,what benefit does it have towards spider man as a character to rip away him creating his own costume and let iron man do it?

Would you be fine with Tony designing every single costume in the mcu as well? Since you seem to think it's not important?

The classic costume is iconic but he has also had costumes that change the design completely like his Black costume, the captain universe costume and the Iron spider suit. It doesn't take intellect to design an outfit, just sewing skills, fashion sense and art skills. These are not things that are essential to Spider-man as a character. You keep saying that Tony giving him his first real costume changes his origin but the fact is this wasn't his origin. By the time he meets Tony he already is Spider-man and his origin has already happened. In his origin he starts with a make shift costume until he gets a better one later. The costume doesn't make him Spider-man, it doesn't improve his powers or alter his character, it's just his look.

The upside of having Tony give him a costume in this universe is it instantly gives him a connection to the rest of the universe and puts him on a side in the movie. As for Tony designing the rest, he practically does. Cap's current suit, Falcon's current suit, War Machine, Black Widow's current suit and Vision himself all created by Tony. If you work for him and need a suit he's going to give you one with possible input from you on design.

Side question did you have a problem with Daredevil getting his first real costume from someone else? Before that he was running around in a bandanna and under armor. Is that a major problem or just a thing that happened.

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
The classic costume is iconic but he has also had costumes that change the design completely like his Black costume, the captain universe costume and the Iron spider suit. It doesn't take intellect to design an outfit, just sewing skills, fashion sense and art skills. These are not things that are essential to Spider-man as a character. You keep saying that Tony giving him his first real costume changes his origin but the fact is this wasn't his origin. By the time he meets Tony he already is Spider-man and his origin has already happened. In his origin he starts with a make shift costume until he gets a better one later. The costume doesn't make him Spider-man, it doesn't improve his powers or alter his character, it's just his look.

The upside of having Tony give him a costume in this universe is it instantly gives him a connection to the rest of the universe and puts him on a side in the movie. As for Tony designing the rest, he practically does. Cap's current suit, Falcon's current suit, War Machine, Black Widow's current suit and Vision himself all created by Tony. If you work for him and need a suit he's going to give you one with possible input from you on design.

Side question did you have a problem with Daredevil getting his first real costume from someone else? Before that he was running around in a bandanna and under armor. Is that a major problem or just a thing that happened.
Clark ain't make his suit either in mos they ship gave it to him like yo wtf they fukkin up his character :troll: