Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
They've changed quite a lot about ironman's role and made him more important to the mcu. He even made Ultron for goodness sake. He's the cornerstone of the mcu. If you want to compare that to bvs logos that's on you.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
They've changed quite a lot about ironman's role and made him more important to the mcu. He even made Ultron for goodness sake. He's the cornerstone of the mcu. If you want to compare that to bvs logos that's on you.
Then posters should be consistent about what they complain about.

If 1 company is freely allowed to make changes then it should be no problem for any of the other studios to do the same.

You just never see the mcu films held to the same standard that fox,Sony and wb films are held to when it comes to petty complaints.

People that praise these films are already bytching that old man Logan isn't going to be exactly like the comics.

It's :scust:

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Then posters should be consistent about what they complain about.

If 1 company is freely allowed to make changes then it should be no problem for any of the other studios to do the same.

You just never see the mcu films held to the same standard that fox,Sony and wb films are held to when it comes to petty complaints.

People that praise these films are already bytching that old man Logan isn't going to be exactly like the comics.

It's :scust:

It's not about making changes, it's about whether the changes work to improve the story or take away from it. Your complaint about Stark giving upgrading Spiderman's costume doesn't make much sense when you realize he's upgraded the costumes for all his tech using allies. Why wouldn't a kid with no resources want an upgrade from the billionaire genius that just recruited him?

On the other hand a change like Jonathan Kent letting himself die in front of his wife and son to save a dog doesn't work on any level. Making Lex into something closer to the Riddler with money and resources didn't work for me but that's more down to taste.

The point being when people like the end result they won't mind the changes made to get there. If they don't like the result the changes will stand out more as a problem.

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anyway watched the blu,it's my 2nd favorite mcu film easily. Behind winter soldier.

If you had told me the 2 best mcu films would be captain america films I would never have believed you.

It was over hyped like everything by marvel but I still quite liked it.

Zemo wasn't so much a villain as he was just a plot device. Paper thin character.

The airport scene was cool but felt absolutely pointless. Their was just no weight to the scene. And it felt weird at the same time because the movie felt disjointed. Every non action scene is played straight and is well done. The scenes feel real and have some weight. And then the action starts and all of a sudden it's quip city and slap stick. The tone shifts were absolutely brutal and frankly silly. Which is my problem with the airport scene. It's just a scene that exists for little reason other than spectacle. Which is fine don't get me wrong but it felt out of place in the film. It was like that scene was constructed before a script was even written and just pasted in.

The ending fight scene with cap and bucky and Tony was great. It felt deserved and real. Frankly I enjoyed it far more than the airport scene.

Spidey was cool. They nailed spider man himself. Not sure about the peter parker part but obviously not enough to go on at this point. Definitely look forward to his solo film. I don't like how tiny Tom Holland is. Even rdj looked enormous next to him and rdj is tiny himself. But that's a minor complaint.

Black panther was awesome. Straight up. No complaints about him at all

8.5/10

The thing about Zemo is in most action movies a character like him would be the hero but this turned that trope on it's head. He's a man whose family was killed by powerful people that faced no consequences so he waged a one man war to bring them down. That could be the plot to nearly any action flick and we'd be rooting for the guy to get his payback but this looked at it from the other perspective.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
On the other hand a change like Jonathan Kent letting himself die in front of his wife and son to save a dog doesn't work on any level.

Of course it does, it teaches Clark to be compassionate.

Fukk up his upbringing and he could be on some Zod shyt and consider humans to be beneath him (like you consider dogs to be beneath humans).

Clark is not a human being breh, he really has no reason to be giving his life for humans - unless someone was around to teach him to value all kinds of life.

It comes down to you thinking a dog wasn't worth it, which is a fair point FROM A HUMAN PERSPECTIVE (even though I don't fully agree, RIP Zoinks :mjcry:)

Won Won

Superstar
Daps

Fukk up his upbringing and he could be on some Zod shyt and consider humans to be beneath him (like you consider dogs to be beneath humans).

Clark is not a human being breh, he really has no reason to be giving his life for humans - unless someone was around to teach him to value all kinds of life.

It comes down to you thinking a dog wasn't worth it, which is a fair point FROM A HUMAN PERSPECTIVE (even though I don't fully agree, RIP Zoinks :mjcry:)

Was Pa Kent teaching the value of life when he said that maybe Clark should have left the bus full of schoolmates sink?

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Was Pa Kent teaching the value of life when he said that maybe Clark should have left the bus full of schoolmates sink?

Aside from teaching Clark compassion, it's his duty as a father to protect Clark from everyone else. So yes he was.

Every parent in the world understands the balance of teaching your kid to be helpful to society while protecting themselves as well.

Again, imagine if people REALLY found out about Clark as a kid - he would be hunted down. That would fukk him up.

Pa Kent was a MAN who did the right thing. Clark was a KID who didn't understand his place on the planet and what it would mean. That's literally in the script and BvS shows us what happens when humans have to deal with a superman.

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Clark was a grown man at that point that could have gone to save the dog with no risk or use of superpowers. It's not about letting the dog die or not, it's about putting himself at risk for no reason. At some point he needed to let his son make his own choices and deal with the results but he choose to died instead of letting his son choose to help.

Everything he did and said pointed to self preservation over compassion. Clark already cared about the lives of others his dad just kept holding him back from saving them. Even his speech in BvS sounded like he was saying that being a hero was a bad thing.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
It's not about making changes, it's about whether the changes work to improve the story or take away from it. Your complaint about Stark giving upgrading Spiderman's costume doesn't make much sense when you realize he's upgraded the costumes for all his tech using allies. Why wouldn't a kid with no resources want an upgrade from the billionaire genius that just recruited him?

On the other hand a change like Jonathan Kent letting himself die in front of his wife and son to save a dog doesn't work on any level. Making Lex into something closer to the Riddler with money and resources didn't work for me but that's more down to taste.

The point being when people like the end result they won't mind the changes made to get there. If they don't like the result the changes will stand out more as a problem.
Breh peter was using goggles and a Hoodie. He didn't have a real suit at all.

Their is a world of difference between upgrading his suit and giving him his first official suit.

That's changing the characters origin story. That cant be brushed off as just simply an upgrade.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
The thing about Zemo is in most action movies a character like him would be the hero but this turned that trope on it's head. He's a man whose family was killed by powerful people that faced no consequences so he waged a one man war to bring them down. That could be the plot to nearly any action flick and we'd be rooting for the guy to get his payback but this looked at it from the other perspective.
:why:

No the fukk it isn't. Zemo killed innocent people maliciously. In no world would a guy who bombs innocent people and frames people be looked at as the hero and be rooted for. Name 1 action film that a hero killed innocents for revenge in.

He's got a tragic back story and his motivations were caused by the hero's. That's it. Hes not a hero,that's laughable. He's a villain consumed by vengeance.

I know you dudes will never admit faults with these films but :pachaha:

He had a standard generic villain back story they weren't flipping tropes on their head :dead: he worked as a plot device in the context of the film. Their simply wasn't enough screen time for him to be properly developed as a character.

Do you know how many action films I've seen where a bad guy or terrorist explains his motivation by saying his family was bombed or killed by the US military just like Zemo. That doesn't make them hero tropes flipped on their head. Give me a break with this shyt.

Last edited: