Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Anthony Russo Discusses How He Wrote Himself Into A Corner For AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR

When we last saw the Avengers in Captain America: Civil War, they had been broken in two by the machinations of Helmut Zemo. Tony Stark/Iron Man and those who sided with him now operate under the wing of the government, while Steve Rogers/Captain America and his allies are wanted vigilantes. The relationship between Tony and Steve was also fractured when it was revealed that Steve deliberately withheld the fact that Bucky Barnes murdered Tony's parents.

With Avengers: Infinity War on the horizon and our heroes scattered, it doesn't seem like Earth's Mightiest will be in good shape when Thanos comes to call. According to Civil War andInfinity War co-director Anthony Russo, this was a deliberate move on their part, not just for storytelling consequences, but to challenge themselves for the next film.

“There’s a writing adage that says ‘write yourself into a corner.’ My brother and I have always loved that adage," said Russo in an interview with The Independent. "That was one of our favourite things about Civil War – that it ended in a difficult place where it’s hard to imagine what the road forward exactly is for both Tony Stark, Steve Rogers and these two sides that have suffered the consequences of this division. On a storytelling level, it is a very difficult place and yes, that is very much the condition of the world as we move forward after Civil War. This very much sets the stage for where Infinity Warbegins – it’s a place of a strong divide.”

Despite a pretty clear ending, many fans misinterpreted the final scene of Civil War, thinking that Tony forgives Steve after receiving his letter of apology. Russo clarified that this is not the case, stating that the divide between the characters is far too important to be resolved offscreen. “We believe things that are important and complex for a character to go through should be seen on camera. The divisions that happened at the end of Civil Warwere so deep they’re not the kind of things you can resolve or move through off camera; they’re the kind of things you have to directly deal with in the storytelling. That’s our philosophical approach to how we handle those things.”

Anthony Russo Discusses How He Wrote Himself Into A Corner For AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR
got dammit the russo bros are fukkin geniuses and masters of cinema, thank you russo family, thank you

Civil war is probably just an inch ahead of WS for the top spot

that emotion in the final fight :mjcry:
the ferocity :mjcry:
the aftermath :mjcry:

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Nah Breh.

Having Tony stark design and create spider man's first costume is not a small change. Kid was wearing goggles and a Hoodie before.

Tony creating an alternate costume in the comics,iron spider is nowhere near the same as what this film did.

I legit had the :scust: at them shoe horing iron man into the creation of an iconic costume like that. It was insulting to the character.

Like what's next? Iron man creates the fantastic four in a lab experiment? When does the iron man shyt end?
As a huge spidey fan myself I was definitely feeling that way myself but like @Vincenzo_Corleone stated we've already seen him develop the suit before plus they made sure to mention Peter was still a genius in his own right when Tony saw him use the webbing in their first meeting.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
got dammit the russo bros are fukkin geniuses and masters of cinema, thank you russo family, thank you

Civil war is probably just an inch ahead of WS for the top spot

that emotion in the final fight :mjcry:
the ferocity :mjcry:
the aftermath :mjcry:

They the MCU captains, Marvel got a lot of directors on the team but these niqqaz are doing the most important stories. They made Joss Whedon no loss.
Thank you based Russos! :banderas:

I can't even guess what they got lined up for us but I'm sure it will be all types of piff. I'm going to be all :mjcry: watching that Yet To Be Titled Avengers movie, the culmination is going to be glorious!

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
1080 bluray out. Just started extracting right now. Going to watch again tomorrow morning. Narcos got first :takedat:

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
giphy.gif

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Watched it yesterday and forgot how dope this movie was The goofy ass airport fight is the only knock on the flick because i didnt see the point of either side stacking soldiers when they dont know that the other was actively recruiting. Just do their own lil help cameos and move on but the end fight there was pulling punches so that made up.

" i dont care, he killed mommy"

:ohhh:

Such a simple line embodies so many different emotions and made u root for tony at that moment

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
:dead: lol nikkas legit retarded, heroes dnt kill they villains (mcu seems to deter that notion from the comics somewhat) but y'all expect them to kill fellow heroes or sum shyt. Team Tony's mission was to capture them and they did except cap n buckie the weight was the theme of betrayol, which U can see hawkeye mention in the rift (which further added to the division started by the accords) oh n the war machine thing added to Tony's mental health breaking and the final fight emotional draw (which still had the theme of betrayal). Dats what the airport scene created besides a epic battle :noah:

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Watched it yesterday and forgot how dope this movie was The goofy ass airport fight is the only knock on the flick because i didnt see the point of either side stacking soldiers when they dont know that the other was actively recruiting. Just do their own lil help cameos and move on but the end fight there was pulling punches so that made up.

" i dont care, he killed mommy"

:ohhh:

Such a simple line embodies so many different emotions and made u root for tony at that moment

If you paid attention to the movie it's clear why they got their teams together. Cap was getting a team together to fight the Winter Soldiers, he had no idea Zemo was going to kill them. His crew was just trying to catch a ride when Tony's crew showed up and they had to fight their way out. Tony started putting together a team after Bucky escaped and Cap had already recruited Hawkeye and Scarlet Witch along with Bucky and Falcon already on the team.