Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
I always buy the disk if they have a commentary track attached to them. Can't wait to see and hear what the commentary track will be with Russo Bro's and the writers this time.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
That steelbook :wow:

A shame Marvel stopped with the fancy "phase 1/phase 2" deluxe boxsets. The first one was ILL but seems like it was on the (European) market for like a month before it got yoked :francis:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Out of curiosity, the people that bytched and whined and tried to clown about lex designing the JL logos and then that morphed into him designing his costumes,both lies...

If I search this thread will I find those same complaints about Tony stark literally giving spider man his first real costume?

Something tells me I won't find a single complaint about it by @wire28

I guess marvel is the only studio allowed to change shyt from the comics :mjlol:

The hypocrisy and mental gymnastics of a disney stan is :wow:

Last edited:

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Anyway watched the blu,it's my 2nd favorite mcu film easily. Behind winter soldier.

If you had told me the 2 best mcu films would be captain america films I would never have believed you.

It was over hyped like everything by marvel but I still quite liked it.

Zemo wasn't so much a villain as he was just a plot device. Paper thin character.

The airport scene was cool but felt absolutely pointless. Their was just no weight to the scene. And it felt weird at the same time because the movie felt disjointed. Every non action scene is played straight and is well done. The scenes feel real and have some weight. And then the action starts and all of a sudden it's quip city and slap stick. The tone shifts were absolutely brutal and frankly silly. Which is my problem with the airport scene. It's just a scene that exists for little reason other than spectacle. Which is fine don't get me wrong but it felt out of place in the film. It was like that scene was constructed before a script was even written and just pasted in.

The ending fight scene with cap and bucky and Tony was great. It felt deserved and real. Frankly I enjoyed it far more than the airport scene.

Spidey was cool. They nailed spider man himself. Not sure about the peter parker part but obviously not enough to go on at this point. Definitely look forward to his solo film. I don't like how tiny Tom Holland is. Even rdj looked enormous next to him and rdj is tiny himself. But that's a minor complaint.

Black panther was awesome. Straight up. No complaints about him at all

8.5/10

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
Yea cuz the character wasn't just acquired from another company in the final stages of the movie and needed to be placed in, vs a movie that had all its part ready for over a year. Tony n peter have a student/teacher relationship in the comics so it's not far fetched and I guess we gonna ignore the iron spider suit which u cld say got redone for the movie to give us the current suit :troll:

Soymuscle Mike

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
I guess marvel is the only studio allowed to change shyt from the comics :mjlol:

It's a small change considering Tony actually did create a new suit for Peter in the Civil War comics.

What I found a bit weirder is that Tony gets guilt tripped into becoming a sellout because a teenager died....so he blackmails another teenager into fighting a dude that Tony and his guys consider one of the most dangerous guys on the planet.

I LOVED Spiderman in the flick but the way they shoehorned him in just as last minute/funny as Bruce sending Diana a link with Justice League teasers.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
It's a small change considering Tony actually did create a new suit for Peter in the Civil War comics.

What I found a bit weirder is that Tony gets guilt tripped into becoming a sellout because a teenager died....so he blackmails another teenager into fighting a dude that Tony and his guys consider one of the most dangerous guys on the planet.

I LOVED Spiderman in the flick but the way they shoehorned him in just as last minute/funny as Bruce sending Diana a link with Justice League teasers.
Nah Breh.

Having Tony stark design and create spider man's first costume is not a small change. Kid was wearing goggles and a Hoodie before.

Tony creating an alternate costume in the comics,iron spider is nowhere near the same as what this film did.

I legit had the :scust: at them shoe horing iron man into the creation of an iconic costume like that. It was insulting to the character.

Like what's next? Iron man creates the fantastic four in a lab experiment? When does the iron man shyt end?

Soymuscle Mike

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Nah Breh.

Having Tony stark design and create spider man's first costume is not a small change. Kid was wearing goggles and a Hoodie before.

Tony creating an alternate costume in the comics,iron spider is nowhere near the same as what this film did.

I legit had the :scust: at them shoe horing iron man into the creation of an iconic costume like that. It was insulting to the character.

Like what's next? Iron man creates the fantastic four in a lab experiment? When does the iron man shyt end?

Each movie gives and takes from the source material so it was a nod to the comics while setting up it's own origin for Spidey. I don't mind it since we've had two movies in 10 years showing Spiderman making his own suit already :yeshrug:

As for Ironman being everywhere that's a story choice and I guess a way for Marvel to hold unto Robert Downey. It'll be interesting to see how popular Ironman can be if they change actors (or Cap for that matter).

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Each movie gives and takes from the source material so it was a nod to the comics while setting up it's own origin for Spidey. I don't mind it since we've had two movies in 10 years showing Spiderman making his own suit already :yeshrug:

As for Ironman being everywhere that's a story choice and I guess a way for Marvel to hold unto Robert Downey. It'll be interesting to see how popular Ironman can be if they change actors (or Cap for that matter).
Fair enough. I know you aint on that double standard shyt when it comes to these flicks :salute: