Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
I wish Disney allowed Marvel to show Tony's demons (in a bottle) more. There's a lot of depth to the character that I think Downey understands more than the writers seem to.

Agree completely with @jayshiggs he owns Tony not just because of his swagger but it's those small moments. His joking around is his defense mechanism that he only really drops when he's alone or pushed to the brink
You just reminded me of one of my top 5 favorite moments in tony's story overall, In Iron Man (2008), that convo he has with yinsen in the cave, where yinsen says "so you're a man who has everything... and nothing." and he responds with a slight smirk. He was my favorite character in civl war story wise. And I love that they're making him the big brother to peter parker's little brother, cause peter uses humor in damn near the same way...

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
13307319_10206985216884070_1056962446360548651_n.jpg
yo :russ: ayo!! :laff:

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Finally saw it yesterday . ask me any question for my interpretation..

Those spoilers for homecoming make since now since it seems like Tony regrets signing but its to late now. And besides what did he have to loose since the world knew his and WM identity anyway and Vision is an android so he has no identity and BW is public..

beside SM everybody on Tony's team was already public with their identity so it didn't matter if they "registered"

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
You on that dust. That's not even rational.

Civil War had no consequences of their actions. I like the Cap trilogy, just that I can't wait till the Justice League film and the Solo Batman film and Wonder Woman film to see action done with a serious tone. The things that Marvel says about their few movies that are slightly above average is :heh: . The bias and propaganda is real.

But Panther and Spider-Man did well and outshined Cap in his own movie.

Cap is always outshined by spidey and other characters in any and every time they crossover.

Art Barr

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Well....nah. If we're going by the movie time line Red Skull was going after the Tesseract in the 1940's. So Thanos would've had Loki and the aliens attack Earth with or without Ironman and the Avengers.

Fred.

Which is the reason they formed SHIELD... they also knew about the Tesseract and was trying to build a secret protect force.. That's probably where it became a problem . SHIELD was a secret.. Stark and them was playing 2 sides .. nicecy nice to the govt and then doing secret stuff behind their backs as SHIELD..
And like somebody said earlier... He knew Bucky and going by tony's account of that night they also knew they were gonna die.. Howard was on Hydra's payroll .. maybe he found out SHIELD was Hydra and tried to quit or not .. but he knew more about the HYDRA, SHIELD and his work than he let on.. I wouldn't be surprised if he was the on who sold the weapons IM1 was based on

I might have to do a IM, Avengers, CA marathon soon... since those are all connected more so than the other MCU movies

Last edited:

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The one flaw I think which contributed to the "underwhelming" feeling some people have, was the score. The score was pretty weak imo :ehh:

A great, memorable score would've taken this movie to another level. :wow:
That's my only problem with the MCU. None of them have iconic scores. I hope this changes with BP.

love stories bog down approximiately 95% of movies, yet every fukkin movie needs them. it's stupid and feels like archaic thinking to me. like you said, you could easily imply it or just rush through it instead of devoting giant subplots to relationship shyt in everything.

A movie has a ticking time bomb, guy is on world saving mission... and time out... we need a 6 minute scene with his girlfriend so this actress can get a meaty part. and back to the world saving mission. just fukkin use subtext and imply the man is driven by his love for his wife, don't force it down our throats.

... but you know, women need to see themselves as a major part of every single movie now, and they can't just be damsels in destress, and the Bechtal Test or whatever the fukk it's called... and wait, hold up, why not just make the main character homosexual? there needs to be more gay love on screen...

/rant
You sound just like white people that complain about black characters in movies.

Nothing wrong with love stories. The problem is most of them aren't good. Cap and Agent Carter in The First Avenger was well done.

Last edited:

doublex

Pro
Daps
You sound just like white people that complain about black characters in movies.

Nothing wrong with love stories. The problem is most of them aren't good. Cap and Agent Carter on The Furst Avenger was well done.

The problem with most of the love stories in the MCU is that they need to add value to the overall narrative, instead of just being tacked on like Steve/Sharon or Bruce/Natasha. Hopefully they'll work on that going forward. Vision/Scarlet Witch has promise.

And yeah, why complain about women wanting to see themselves in movies when every group wants to see themselves? And it's not like most men don't want to see women too...

• Dap
Reactions: flo

ThaBronxBully

Postin’ & Toastin’ Since 02’
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Am I The Only On Who Thought It Was Wrong That After The Love Of His Life Dies Cap Is Tonguing Down Her Niece?