Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
I felt like he was dull and forgettable, yeah his character was better acted for the most part but the again, I kept forgetting about him till the next time they showed him.

And antman,and halkeye, and zemo imo because I think his master plan is what makes it dumb. But atleast it's cool.

It's the exact same concept, batman had a plan and stopped for a stupid reason.
Iron man went in with all the knowledge that this whole thing was a set up to turn the avengers against each other, he went in knowing that bucky was brainwashed and was only lured out of hiding for this reason. Zemo flat out told them to their face what his master plan was and iron man still played right into his hand and lost control and tried to kill both cap and bucky. Did bucky even know he killed his parents? Iron man knew he wasn't right when he did it, and why does no one point out the fact that bucky was a war hero turned POW that was tortured by hydra? That doesn't mean shyt? Nobody but cap cares about that fact?

That whole plan was stupid and it's rediculous to think iron man fell for it and brought on the end on the avengers because he wanted to kill a man that he knew wasn't in control of his actions.

Wakanda went almost unmentioned even though their king just died, they could have spent just a little time showing the significance of the most powerful country in the world.

I didn't like Bvs either.
Regarding the Martha point, tell me which one seems more likely; being hell bent on killing someone and stopping only because you find out your mothers share the same name, or going from 0-100 becasue not only did you find out your parents didn't die in a car accident but were actually murdered and the person that killed them is standing right next to you?

I see how people can say the scenes are similar but one clearly made more sense and was more well done IMO.

Supercoolmayo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Master Roshi's Island
Thanos: "Tremble before me!" :demonic:

U.S. Government: "You sign the accords?" :birdman:

Thanos: "No" :lupe:

a673X12_700b.jpg

Fred.

:dead:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Regarding the Martha point, tell me which one seems more likely; being hell bent on killing someone and stopping only because you find out your mothers share the same name, or going from 0-100 becasue not only did you find out your parents didn't die in a car accident but were actually murdered and the person that killed them is standing right next to you?

I see how people can say the scenes are similar but one clearly made more sense and was more well done IMO.
There both dumb scenes and nether was very well done.

I was literally like :snoop: when that dude explained what he was gonna do and how he wanted them to react right before he showed that shyt and iron man did exactly that.
:why:

And he really was trying to kill them dudes, like fukk the avengers, fukk the fact that he knows dude was brainwashed, fukk the fact that this is exactly what zemo wants.

But atleast black panther could see the big picture while Tony was a fukkin idiot.

And now we will never see bucky redeem himself in later movies.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps

He was brainwashed and he knew it...so why keep going after him. Didnt hawkeye get brainwashed and dosome dirt too but we just gonna forget that

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
He was brainwashed and he knew it...so why keep going after him. Didnt hawkeye get brainwashed and dosome dirt too but we just gonna forget that
Because Tony didn't give a fukk at that point. It's all about walking in someone else's shoes. Tony was fine with Bucky until he found out he killed his parents. Until then Tony was :yeshrug: that Buck had obviously killed others' parents. That's a realistic human way of looking at things. It's like people being against the death penalty until one of their loved ones is brutally murdered.

And Hawkeye didn't kill anyone of importance, if he killed anyone at all so that doesn't compare.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Because Tony didn't give a fukk at that point. It's all about walking in someone else's shoes. Tony was fine with Bucky until he found out he killed his parents. Until then Tony was :yeshrug: that Buck had obviously killed others' parents. That's a realistic human way of looking at things. It's like people being against the death penalty until one of their loved ones is brutally murdered.

And Hawkeye didn't kill anyone of importance, if he killed anyone at all so that doesn't compare.
I mean but zemo literally told him his whole plan :mjlol: he knew he was brainwashed, and IM still acted on it. Like you can enjoy the movie but a lot of shyt nikkad was clowning bvs for is in this movie. The whole plan was built on coincidence is illogical decisions. Its a good popcorn flick but people calling it a great movie are silly.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I mean but zemo literally told him his whole plan

The exact same thing happened at the end of "Seven" and nobody holds it against that movie. So I don't understand why it's a problem now.

You're acing like Tony was supposed to be like "oh, you want us to turn on each other....let me rationally think about this guy killing my mom before I make any decisions".

Nobody would do that under those circumstances. Especially not over some shyt they've been wondering about for 25+ years. They'd react in the moment and probably regret it later.

Fred.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
The exact same thing happened at the end of "Seven" and nobody holds it against that movie. So I don't understand why it's a problem now.

You're acing like Tony was supposed to be like "oh, you want us to turn on each other....let me rationally think about this guy killing my mom before I make any decisions".

Nobody would do that under those circumstances. Especially not over some shyt they've been wondering about for 25+ years. They'd react in the moment and probably regret it later.

Fred.
It was completely out of character. IM is the most rational of the avengers. Sure I can go yeah it makes sense for him to fly off the handle but I can also say its such a sloppy sloppy way to move the plot towards that direction. This is a dude who can literally hack into any computer in the world and this vid somehow has escaped his hands for decades? Never mind the fact that bucky choking them out would negate the whole died of natural causes thing. Movie is a good watch but it has a myriad of plot holes which is w/e since its a marvel superhero movie but people making this out to be some cinematic excellence are confusing me.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
It was completely out of character. IM is the most rational of the avengers. Sure I can go yeah it makes sense for him to fly off the handle but I can also say its such a sloppy sloppy way to move the plot towards that direction. This is a dude who can literally hack into any computer in the world and this vid somehow has escaped his hands for decades? Never mind the fact that bucky choking them out would negate the whole died of natural causes thing. Movie is a good watch but it has a myriad of plot holes which is w/e since its a marvel superhero movie but people making this out to be some cinematic excellence are confusing me.
:colehuh:

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
i don't think that circle is the same one in his chest

the suit has a circle to power it.... the hulk buster had like 6... and tony has his own personal one

i mean for that theory to be right... tony would have to build an entire suit, but then the circle in the middle is just his actual chest there.. if that isn't a major design flaw

i think they BOTH were just trying to tear it out to power off the suit, knowing tony couldn't do shyt without it
Tony got rid of his personal arc reactor that was in his chest at the end of IM3 using the Extremis formula...

Won Won

Superstar
Daps

I thought the video came from the box Zemo grabbed in Siberia?

How is dying in a car crash "natural causes"?

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I see i stepped into a circle jerk about this absolutely flawless movie, let me exit with my pleb opinions brehs.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

wtfmanzxf_zpslnyho0mw.png

1. IM is easily the least rational of The Avengers. He almost ended the world in "AOU" because he wanted to experiment with something he had zero knowledge of. He announced to the world he's Ironman in the first movie with no thought of the consequences.

His character routinely does shyt without thinking it through.

2. He had no idea the footage existed, so how could he look for it? He didn't even know they were murdered, they died in a car crash.

And putting your hand over someone's mouth and nose that is already fukked up from a car crash isn't going to warrant further investigation...word to Tony Soprano.

Fred.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
wtfmanzxf_zpslnyho0mw.png

1. IM is easily the least rational of The Avengers. He almost ended the world in "AOU" because he wanted to experiment with something he had zero knowledge of. He announced to the world he's Ironman in the first movie with no thought of the consequences.

His character routinely does shyt without thinking it through.

2. He had no idea the footage existed, so how could he look for it? He didn't even know they were murdered, they died in a car crash.

And putting your hand over someone's mouth and nose that is already fukked up from a car crash isn't going to warrant further investigation...word to Tony Soprano.

Fred.

I could dissect why this movie makes 0 senses if the heroes act like they have a brain instead of retards but I'm pretty sure it would just fall on deaf ears in here so I'm out.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
I could dissect why this movie makes 0 senses if the heroes act like they have a brain instead of retards but I'm pretty sure it would just fall on deaf ears in here so I'm out.
go on
aint no def ears in this bytch we reading