Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
im from the South Bronx
we aint have no muthafukkin debate team

guess i see why youre so defiant in what you speak

your pasty ass parents probably never whooped that ass

you HAVE to be right

how many times you sent your mother to her room?

Oh so now I'm white :russ:

Argue with stans brehs.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
It was completely out of character. IM is the most rational of the avengers. Sure I can go yeah it makes sense for him to fly off the handle but I can also say its such a sloppy sloppy way to move the plot towards that direction. This is a dude who can literally hack into any computer in the world and this vid somehow has escaped his hands for decades? Never mind the fact that bucky choking them out would negate the whole died of natural causes thing. Movie is a good watch but it has a myriad of plot holes which is w/e since its a marvel superhero movie but people making this out to be some cinematic excellence are confusing me.
:dwillhuh:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
take a ban bet if I'm white you clown :lolbron:
i said im done
i honestly dont care what the fukk you are
i done posted my flik in this bytch and that was once and one time only
dont get into no fukkin discussion with me and try to "son" me
everyone aint gonna agree with what you like feel etc
grow your muthafukkin ass up
or be broken down beyond the level youre already at

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
i said im done
i honestly dont care what the fukk you are
i done posted my flik in this bytch and that was once and one time only
dont get into no fukkin discussion with me and try to "son" me
everyone aint gonna agree with what you like feel etc
grow your muthafukkin ass up
or be broken down beyond the level youre already at
:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
The whole point of Tony Stark and Bruce Wayne is that on the surface they've got it all made but they're constantly suffering.

That's why both movies start with flashbacks to their parents, they're haunted by the memories. Tony for his bad relationship with his dad and Bruce for his good relationship and helplesness. Tony attacks Buck because Tony has deep self-hatred and loses his temper completely. Bruce LOST his temper the whole movie and watching a god lie helpess and say his mothers name reminded him of who he was.

Both movies did it well imo, they're perfect "comic booky"-moments.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
So if thats the case and we only judging comic books off of action why was BVS panned so hard around here when the action is leaguessssss better in that movie?

The only good action scene in BVS was the Batman warehouse sequence.Even that ended on some dumb shyt with Batman almost blowing up the person he came to save.

The Doomsday fight was :russell:....A more bland version of Hulk vs Abomination in 2008's The Incredible Hulk.

I'll give you dumb & dumber.

IM, heel turn, Civil War/ dumb... "Martha"/dumber

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
ITS A COMIC BOOK MOVIE MAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!!! :what:

"what are the repercussions?"

this a world where muthafukkas come back to life! :martin:

fall back and have fun for a fukkin second

world already bleak as it is :deadmanny:
I honestly think Nolan ruined dc comic movies

It's almost like street fighter vs mortal kombat. Street fighter was obviously the better and more popular franchise video game wise. Then someone had the bright idea, "let's not make the movie based on the game, let's make it based in reality"

Meanwhile Mk was like fukk all that :stopitslime: Lets make this shyt exactly like the game and came 100 times better

Nolan took a campy franchise where a normal human could beat up fukking superman, and said "let's ground this in reality."

Great idea for fighting other humans. Terrible idea when dc continues this and wants to make super creatures and mythical heroes, but wants it to translate to a dark, gritty, real world experience

Meanwhile marvel was like, hey man let's just make the same campy, joke cracking, nobody really dies, colorful, action packed shyt from the comics. "fukk it let's just make it FUN"

And we see the results. Ain't nobody trying to see detective cap and wise calm ironman. We didn't see it in the comics. We don't want to see it now. We want to see ironman cracking jokes, cap kicking ass, some battles, some cameos, and find out what happens in the next issue/movie with the same damn characters :yeshrug:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
So if thats the case and we only judging comic books off of action why was BVS panned so hard around here when the action is leaguessssss better in that movie?
Cause it needed about 8 more scenes of that shyt. The action scenes are pretty much the only part of the movie that everyone agrees they liked. But in a 2:30 movie, there was 1 extended action sequence at the end. ONE!! Yes it was long, from bvs to everyone vs doomsday. Bout 20 mins

But the rest of the movie there wasn't too much fighting going on at all. A bunch of talking, plot setup, and such. Same things you wanted. None of the things COMIC BOOK LOVERS wanted.

Imagine buying a comic book. Batman vs superman #1. And it being 25 pages of talking and 5 pages of the fight

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Cause it needed about 8 more scenes of that shyt. The action scenes are pretty much the only part of the movie that everyone agrees they liked. But in a 2:30 movie, there was 1 extended action sequence at the end. ONE!! Yes it was long, from bvs to everyone vs doomsday. Bout 20 mins

But the rest of the movie there wasn't too much fighting going on at all. A bunch of talking, plot setup, and such. Same things you wanted. None of the things COMIC BOOK LOVERS wanted.

Imagine buying a comic book. Batman vs superman #1. And it being 25 pages of talking and 5 pages of the fight
Yeah I was thinking about this. If you took the comic book movie to either extreme, A) a movie that is a complete drama with little to no action, or B) a movie that is all action with some speaking moments but mostly wall to wall action. Which would be better received?

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps

CW didn't have 8 scenes of action in total so why is BvS held to a different standard.

We have

Opening cinematic
BP Chase scene
Airport
Final fight

both movies are like 150 minutes with roughly the same amount of action, equally hokey in places plots, one has much better actors, yet one is like 30% on RT and one is like 90 iirc %

somethings not adding up

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Yeah I was thinking about this. If you took the comic book movie to either extreme, A) a movie that is a complete drama with little to no action, or B) a movie that is all action with some speaking moments but mostly wall to wall action. Which would be better received?
The action movie. They already tried this with watchmen. People hated it

Yes it's a cult classic. But it was marketed as a superhero movie. Came in to find out it was a vigilante movie. Only to watch it and find it was a dramatic movie. And people hated it and felt duped

So what does dc do. Hire the same guy :francis:

They want to be the smarter, better, reality based movie. But the fans would rather have seen batman and superman fight 4 times instead

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
The action movie. They already tried this with watchmen. People hated it

Yes it's a cult classic. But it was marketed as a superhero movie. Came in to find out it was a vigilante movie. Only to watch it and find it was a dramatic movie. And people hated it and felt duped

So what does dc do. Hire the same guy :francis:

They want to be the smarter, better, reality based movie. But the fans would rather have seen batman and superman fight 4 times instead

The theatrical release of Watchmen is only OK which 90% of people reference when talking about the movie. Yeah, that's interesting. It's like the huge Nolan success is fukking them now. It got them their only billion dollar comic book movies so it makes sense to keep at it but yeah it's not working. Especially when you can compare and contrast with Marvel.