Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I know Im prolly late and missed the posts... but what was @MartyMcFly 's opinion on Spidey and @Ziggly 's opinion of T'challa???

Spidey was so on point. Loved him as Peter and loved him as spider man. He did everything I'd want Peter Parker/ spider man to do or be

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
tumblr_o6zonziQtR1v785fyo3_250.gif

tumblr_o6zonziQtR1v785fyo2_250.gif

tumblr_o6zonziQtR1v785fyo1_250.gif

tumblr_inline_o70x6dv4sH1rxry2w_500.gif

Falcon w/o a single fukk given. :mjlol:

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
love stories bog down approximiately 95% of movies, yet every fukkin movie needs them. it's stupid and feels like archaic thinking to me. like you said, you could easily imply it or just rush through it instead of devoting giant subplots to relationship shyt in everything.

A movie has a ticking time bomb, guy is on world saving mission... and time out... we need a 6 minute scene with his girlfriend so this actress can get a meaty part. and back to the world saving mission. just fukkin use subtext and imply the man is driven by his love for his wife, don't force it down our throats.

... but you know, women need to see themselves as a major part of every single movie now, and they can't just be damsels in destress, and the Bechtal Test or whatever the fukk it's called... and wait, hold up, why not just make the main character homosexual? there needs to be more gay love on screen...

/rant

:comeon: Yeah women are to blame for the forced loved stories in male dominated fan-based movies produced directed starring and written by men! Totally our fault. :skip: Or maybe it's because most real heroes like veterans and firemen tend to cling to ideas of family and loved ones to keep them going when the shyt gets real? I mean at the end of the day if you don't have something or someone to fight for, it's pretty empty.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
:comeon: Yeah women are to blame for the forced loved stories in male dominated fan-based movies produced directed starring and written by men! Totally our fault. :skip: Or maybe it's because most real heroes like veterans and firemen tend to cling to ideas of family and loved ones to keep them going when the shyt gets real? I mean at the end of the day if you don't have something or someone to fight for, it's pretty empty.
don't give them too much credit, I'm not blaming women per se, just saying that studios do it b/c it "appeals" to women. for every man who goes and sees a movie they think by mixing in certain elements his nagging wife might enjoy it too. and I agree every character needs something to fight for, just saying it doesn't have to be a major plotline in so many movies. a character like Lois Lane sucks.