Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Call yourself Captain America and let Zimbabwe run your shyt, brehs.

Cap don't know who them people are breh. It's not that he doesn't think The Avengers need oversight, it's just that he only trusts The Avengers. So any outside force could potentially turn into another SHIELD/Hydra situation.

Fred.
You basically just proved my point with your first sentence :deadmanny:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
You basically just proved my point with your first sentence :deadmanny:

Not sure what your point is then.

Why would Cap be comfortable with people half way across the world dictating where he goes, when he's a product of SHIELD, and they got infiltrated by Hydra? Who knows what kind of agendas other countries got?

Fred.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Not sure what your point is then.

Why would Cap be comfortable with people half way across the world dictating where he goes, when he's a product of SHIELD, and they got infiltrated by Hydra? Who knows what kind of agendas other countries got?

Fred.
Because no one should be operating in a sovereign country without that country's say so

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Because no one should be operating in a sovereign country without that country's say so

I mean....that's cool and all but Thanos ain't gonna stop to get his passport stamped. The Avengers initially came together because aliens were pouring of the sky....if that happened in, let's say Ireland....do The Avengers really need to wait for politicians to tell them "ok, go save the world"?

For the record I'm not saying you're wrong but it's not as cut and dry as it seems.

Fred.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY

The US does it tho.... and last time I checked CIA operatives don't play by the rules.... :dahell:

I said it before I say it again... The avengers should disband let the world fall to the villians, let these govt's handle the situation without the avengers.... :coffee:

They gonna be beggin for them to come back....:coffee:

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town

But this is why the Accords are not just a black and white deal. You're right, going to other people's countries and leaving destruction and death is terrible, but the Avengers respond to emergencies. How long would it take a UN panel to convene and decide on a decision before the Avengers were allowed to respond? How many people get to die at the hands of a villain before everyone agrees the threat is credible? Could Sokovia or the Loki attack on NY really have been less destructive if a UN panel had been allowed to debate their merits first? Or would even more people be dead?

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
But this is why the Accords are not just a black and white deal. You're right, going to other people's countries and leaving destruction and death is terrible, but the Avengers respond to emergencies. How long would it take a UN panel to convene and decide on a decision before the Avengers were allowed to respond? How many people get to die at the hands of a villain before everyone agrees the threat is credible? Could Sokovia or the Loki attack on NY really have been less destructive if a UN panel had been allowed to debate their merits first? Or would even more people be dead?
Interesting point. Let's look at it:

A1- In NYC so no issues there

A2- About to be world destruction so the Avengers would have been called in Sokovia
------ They probably shouldn't have been in the African country

Cap3--- The first scene maybe they get called in maybe not. There was no imminent global threat so they should have worked with the country in question

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
The US does it tho.... and last time I checked CIA operatives don't play by the rules.... :dahell:

I said it before I say it again... The avengers should disband let the world fall to the villians, let these govt's handle the situation without the avengers.... :coffee:

They gonna be beggin for them to come back....:coffee:
The US doing it is wrong though :pachaha:

Also like Vision said all this shyt wasn't happening until the team started going HAM across the globe

YeLovesBoston

Superstar
Daps
The way I see it, the Avengers operating independently is much better than the Avengers under the control of governments. If Tony Stark happens to pass by a burning building and the firemen can't reach people inside, does he have to wait for the UN to give him permission to suit up and save those people?

It's far more efficient to have the Avengers move on their own rather than involve politics.