Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
jfkdlakdladaad.jpg

:wow:

:wow:

How he in the same comic book universe as Luke Cage? :scust:

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
yeah, it felt like i was still watching the second cap movie in a way. I wanted something completely new and fresh not fukkin bucky again.

The Russo's and writers always said it was a sequel to Captain America The Winter Soldier and where that movie left off. From the trailers alone you can definitely tell the story arc is about Bucky.

Vonte3000

Chance 3 :wow: :blessed:
Daps
Reppin
Darien Ga
I just realized Tony probably washes Cap since he needed Bucky just to hold the dude off lol. It was a fleeting thought during the movie but it's just funny for me to think about considering im Avengers Cap wanted to spar with him

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
great film, spidey and tchalla was done justice

btw, for those saying tony is justified in the end - i feel y'all, obviously dude was gonna be heated ... but y'all acting like Cap wasn't just riding for his day one? If your boy from time is being accused of doing some foul shyt I hope for his/their sake you all would ride for 'em like Rogers did

I don't think anyone disagrees with riding with your boy who didn't knowingly do some shyt till the end. nikkaz just saying that for Tony to want to kill Buck was understandable.

YeLovesBoston

Superstar
Daps
great film, spidey and tchalla was done justice

btw, for those saying tony is justified in the end - i feel y'all, obviously dude was gonna be heated ... but y'all acting like Cap wasn't just riding for his day one? If your boy from time is being accused of doing some foul shyt I hope for his/their sake you all would ride for 'em like Rogers did

Its that confliction bro. :mjcry: If you were in Tony's shoes, anybody would have done the same thing. If you were in Steve's shoes, anybody would have done the same thing.

Vonte3000

Daps
Reppin
Darien Ga
I haven't seen this movie a second time yet so maybe it will sit better with me after more repeat viewings, but I still think ending the movie on a sour note was a really bad call. If it were called 'Marvel's Civil War' or 'Avengers: Civil War' maybe I'd be more open to it but this was billed as a Captain America movie. And if Cap fails to unite the troops and save the day in his own movie, what's really the point. It makes him look ineffective. I mean what's the moral of the story here? And why can't Marvel's greatest leader rise above it?

I know though, I'm just an old softie. I'm out of touch, the fight scene at the end was cool, and who really cares. It's not the 80's anymore, audiences want dark complex stuff. Yada yada yada...

I just feel like they could have saved the bleak ending for Infinity War 1.
The ending where Cap bails his teammates out of jail and reconciles with Tony is bleak to you? Have you seen requiem for a dream?:pachaha: The ending being bleak is just not a valid claim to me because no ties were even broken and nobody was killed (a serious injury is all)

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Vonte3000

Daps
Reppin
Darien Ga
Can someone explain that scene to me?

Was Tony waiting for her or something?

And what she tried to get out of her purse that Tony stopped her from?
I think it was a coincidence since he was goin to the bathroom and Tony was just being paranoid when he grabbed her. Fallin out of that black hole fukked his nerves up

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
The Russo's and writers always said it was a sequel to Captain America The Winter Soldier and where that movie left off. From the trailers alone you can definitely tell the story arc is about Bucky.
And with that being said its not really a civil war it's a fight about Bucky.
Might have to start saying Becky with the nice hair. Pause :dame:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
never said I was misled. I just wanted something new or inventive. It's a common problem I have with comic book films. That's why I'm excited for doctor strange

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
sorry breh u get until the weekend to watch then it's all fair
Then theres no point in having a spoiler thread. If you wanna talk about the movie all out in the open then by all means merge the threads and put it in the thread title.