Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

TMNT4000

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Miami Gardens/North Miami
This making muthafukkas young again technology

Between Benjamin Buttons, Hank Pym, and Stark...

shyts SPOOOOOOKY!!!:merchant:

Cant help but think of Tony grabbin my mother arm like he did ol girl at the elevator :mjlol:

"You dont get your goddamn hand off me!"
:what:
Can someone explain that scene to me?

Was Tony waiting for her or something?

And what she tried to get out of her purse that Tony stopped her from?

Daps
Reppin
NYC
ppl are angry it was called civil war yet no one died or got "seriously" injured and here you are complaining that the ending wasn't happily wrapped up in a neat little bow? I have read it all now

well those people are obviously fukking idiots. :leostare:

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
there's a small glimmer of hope but that's about it. i'm not saying the ending was utterly bleak but at the same time it doesn't feel like cap - or the audience - won in the end.

they're at odds the whole movie. after all that fighting and all that violence, it would have been nice to see cap come through in the end and remind everyone what makes him cap in the first place. this movie felt tailor made for that character's leadership abilities to shine through.

since i pointed out the movie gave you want you asked for, you went from 'sour note' to 'small glimmer of hope'....lol...not only that, but the movie ended and gave you exactly what you asking for: from helping bucky to the locked up avengers to tony, he reminded people of why he's capt....so much so, the only thing else he couldve done was shoot a commercial.....but since it didnt do it the way you wanted, to you it didnt happen...lol aight man...

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I thought it was well put together 12 characters that all basically fit right in. It wasn't really a war tho.

Spidey was cool since I haven't seen him since Tobey
i thought it was really well done by the Russo bros but I just didn't find the story that interesting or electrifying. Maybe that'll change on subsequent viewings but I'm not sure. Elizabeth Olsen gets my dikk hard. Black Panther was fukking sick tho. his solo movie is gonna be ill

Daps
Reppin
NYC
since i pointed out the movie gave you want you asked for, you went from 'sour note' to 'small glimmer of hope'....lol...not only that, but the movie ended and gave you exactly what you asking for: from helping bucky to the locked up avengers to tony, he reminded people of why he's capt....so much so, the only thing else he couldve done was shoot a commercial.....but since it didnt do it the way you wanted, to you it didnt happen...lol aight man...

you keep harping on bucky as if we're supposed to care.

i can't speak for everyone but i gave zero shyts about bucky, and cap's devotion to him at the expense of everything else seemed out of character. i feel like he put his friend before his country and his duty.

and again the movie is called civil war, the conflict at the end if between cap and iron man. no one else. a proper captain america story - again in my opinion - would have ended with cap inspiring his enemies to stop fighting one another and to look at the big picture ahead.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can someone explain that scene to me?

he was paranoid, that's all...he even said that to her...'occupation hazard, the job has made him a bit jumpy'...or something like that....

she only wanted to pull out a pic of her son to get at his ego about what the avengers have been doing...which worked cause that was the first thing he brought up when talking about the accords to the other avengers....tony is an ego driven man, make it about him/his ego, and you can get him to do whatever....

more than likely, she was sent there by zemo to help get the ball rolling on the divide between them...

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
i thought it was really well done by the Russo bros but I just didn't find the story that interesting or electrifying. Maybe that'll change on subsequent viewings but I'm not sure. Elizabeth Olsen gets my dikk hard. Black Panther was fukking sick tho. his solo movie is gonna be ill
I think the civil war arc was undercutted by the fact it all had to do with Bucky and that made it meh. Plus having crossbones in he beginning I was just on the edge of my seat waiting for capt to die

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you keep harping on bucky as if we're supposed to care.

i can't speak for everyone but i gave zero shyts about bucky, and cap's devotion to him at the expense of everything else seemed out of character. i feel like he put his friend before his country and his duty.

and again the movie is called civil war, the conflict at the end if between cap and iron man. no one else. a proper captain america story - again in my opinion - would have ended with cap inspiring his enemies to stop fighting one another and to look at the big picture ahead.

wait, what? i keep harping on bucky like we're supposed to care?...he's the main driving point of the movie, of course you're supposed to care lol....not only that: capt sticking by him no matter what is very capt like......plus he always puts honor, friendship, right/wrong, etc. over everything else, including country/duty......but aight man, the movie is whatever you want it to be since you dont seem to be talking about the movie that is....

..i swear: some of yall dont actually watch the movies these threads be about, yall just make up some shyt in yall heads so yall can talk about it....but that is the good ole coli way: make up shyt just to make a point lol....

Last edited:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I think the civil war arc was undercutted by the fact it all had to do with Bucky and that made it meh. Plus having crossbones in he beginning I was just on the edge of my seat waiting for capt to die
yeah, it felt like i was still watching the second cap movie in a way. I wanted something completely new and fresh not fukkin bucky again.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
wait, what? i keep harping on bucky like we're supposed to care?...he's the main driving point of the movie, of course your're supposed to care lol....not only that: capt sticking by him no matter what is very capt like......plus he always puts honor, friendship, right/wrong, etc. over everything else, including country/duty......but aight man, the movie is whatever you want it to be since you dont seem to be talking about the movie that is....

..i swear: some of yall dont actually watch the movies these threads be about, yall just make up some shyt in yall heads so yall can talk about it....but that is the good ole coli way: make up shyt just to make a point lol....

oh please, get over it. we have a difference of opinion, it's not a big deal. no need to demonize the coli. i find it very hard to believe you've never encountered this before in your years of internet forum posting.

you obviously bought what the movie was trying to sell and i didn't. the winter soldier stuff did nothing for me and i thought it weighed down cap as a character.

i still enjoyed the movie, i will probably watch it 20 more times before i die... but i still thought it had its fair share of flaws. and no it doesn't NEED to have a happy ending, i just think it would have greatly benefited from one. you don't have to agree.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
oh please, get over it. we have a difference of opinion, it's not a big deal. no need to demonize the coli. i find it very hard to believe you've never encountered this before in your years of internet forum posting.

you obviously bought what the movie was trying to sell and i didn't. the winter soldier stuff did nothing for me and i thought it weighed down cap as a character.

i still enjoyed the movie, i will probably watch it 20 more times before i die... but i still thought it had its fair share of flaws. and no it doesn't NEED to have a happy ending, i just think it would have greatly benefited from one. you don't have to agree.

nothing to get over...

i'm talking about what happened in the movie, you're not...that's ok....

never said whether you should enjoy the movie or not; never said the movie was perfect; nor did i say we had to agree....i was just pointing out the things you asked for in are in the movie...whether you liked how it was presented is up to you, but they are there....that's all i said...

YeLovesBoston

Superstar
Daps
The movie was great. So many great moments and every hero in the movie got to shine. Spiderman and Black Panther kicked a lot of ass. This movie had everything I wanted. The ending was very emotional but leaves a lot open for future films especially for the next Avenger movie. And the action was some of the best action Ive ever seen in superhero movies.

10/10.