Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I haven't seen this movie a second time yet so maybe it will sit better with me after more repeat viewings, but I still think ending the movie on a sour note was a really bad call. If it were called 'Marvel's Civil War' or 'Avengers: Civil War' maybe I'd be more open to it but this was billed as a Captain America movie. And if Cap fails to unite the troops and save the day in his own movie, what's really the point. It makes him look ineffective. I mean what's the moral of the story here? And why can't Marvel's greatest leader rise above it?

I know though, I'm just an old softie. I'm out of touch, the fight scene at the end was cool, and who really cares. It's not the 80's anymore, audiences want dark complex stuff. Yada yada yada...

I just feel like they could have saved the bleak ending for Infinity War 1.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I haven't seen this movie a second time yet so maybe it will sit better with me after more repeat viewings, but I still think ending the movie on a sour note was a really bad call. If it were called 'Marvel's Civil War' or 'Avengers: Civil War' maybe I'd be more open to it but this was billed as a Captain America movie. And if Cap fails to unite the troops and save the day in his own movie, what's really the point. It makes him look ineffective. I mean what's the moral of the story here? And why can't Marvel's greatest leader rise above it?

I know though, I'm just an old softie. I'm out of touch, the fight scene at the end was cool, and who really cares. It's not the 80's anymore, audiences want dark complex stuff. Yada yada yada...

He did what he wanted since Winter Soldier, he saved Bucky from Hydra and being killed by the authorities/Ironman.
tumblr_nnf3a0XBW31qc2fi0o6_r1_500.gif

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But what about Cap's trepidations of not being allowed to go where they need to go? Or going somewhere they don't want to go? What about the "safest hands are still our own" that was reinforced in TWS?

Oh

all 3 of those things you said he talked about is in the first time they brought up the accords to everyone...even after saying all that and telling BW he wasnt going to sign the papers, he was still going to sign the papers to help bucky....all yall just forgetting the scene after they caught him & bucky?....he was finna sign on the dotted line cause tony said they'd look out for bucky, but then he brought up SW, which made capt think the same would happen to bucky....that shows that his friendship with bucky overrides everything....that is the driving force of this movie, not the accords nor zemo, but capt's feelings for bucky...

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

the movie didnt end on a sour note though....for the most part, it did exactly what you asked for: capt saved bucky; rescued the locked up avengers; stopped tony from doing something he'd regret; and him/tony were still cool after all the shyt they went through, so much so he gave him a phone to hit him up whenever he needed him/the other avengers....after a 'civil war', i'd say that's a damn good note to end on....

Daps
Reppin
NYC
the movie didnt end on a sour note though....for the most part, it did exactly what you asked for: capt saved bucky; rescued the locked up avengers; stopped tony from doing something he'd regret; and him/tony were still cool after all the shyt they went through, so much so he gave him a phone to hit him up whenever he needed him/the other avengers....after a 'civil war', i'd say that's a damn good note to end on....

there's a small glimmer of hope but that's about it. i'm not saying the ending was utterly bleak but at the same time it doesn't feel like cap - or the audience - won in the end.

they're at odds the whole movie. after all that fighting and all that violence, it would have been nice to see cap come through in the end and remind everyone what makes him cap in the first place. this movie felt tailor made for that character's leadership abilities to shine through.

Xerces

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Just got back from this

:whoo:

Intense ending with Ironman, Captain Funboy and bummy

Seriously, Captain America is a teue lame. Wouldn't be him without the Starks, didn't tell the gawd Tony bummy killed his parents, then had the audacity to choose bummy over him.

And let's not forget the Fact Tony was fighting both of them, put bummy down, then started giving funboy the beats and was about to put Captain down for good till bummy grabbed his foot.

:scust: Disgusting Captain America

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps

I just feel like they could have saved the bleak ending for Infinity War 1
ppl are angry it was called civil war yet no one died or got "seriously" injured and here you are complaining that the ending wasn't happily wrapped up in a neat little bow? I have read it all now

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Vision was looking GQ as fukk :wow:
Panther giving Winter Solider that work with no suit on :banderas:
Spiderman was cool, you could really tell his inexperience in a real fight imo.
Airport scene was the only thing that was non Cap movie. I enjoyed the other parts more, even though it was really cool.
:mindblown:

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey

And then theres ppl saying nothing Civil War changed nothing because Cap left Tony his cell number and broke his boys out. :dead: I dont get how ppl see different things in the same scenes.