Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
You should

Well the shyt in this thread....people holding cameras in the theater or low res rips....yeah definitely. But bootlegs nowadays are mostly DVD or Blu-Ray quality so I don't knock that.

But unless dudes are dead broke there's no reason to see something like this on bootleg. shyt is crazy to me.

Fred.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
yea, crossbones helped start it off, but it was him saying 'bucky' and capt freezing up cause of the emotional tie, that allowed him to set the bomb off, which was used to help introduce the accords...if he doesnt freeze up, that explosion cant be used against them, the accords probably dont get written cause the UN wouldnt have gotten together....cause that was put together mostly cause of the wakandians dying...

also, even after they caught bucky, capt was still gonna sign the accords to help him out...it wasnt until tony talked about SW and capt figured they'd do the same to bucky that he changed his mind...

the rest of them werent thinking about the accords (ant-man, spidey, SW, bp, WS, etc.) when they fell on whatever team they did...they went off their ties to either cap or tony....hawkeye and falcon always ride for capt..ant-man rode for falcon, so he rode for capt....war machine, vision, spidey rode for tony...bp just wanted WS, so he was on team tony by default....basically, it had nothing to do with the accords....

...seriously, i know you trying to make it seem like the accords played a big part in the movie, but they didnt....you can take the accords out and the movie still moves along how it did without missing a beat...cause the driving factor for the movie wasnt the accords, it was capt's feelings for bucky...that was always the dividing point of the team...capt wanted to catch and help him; cause he still views him as a friend.....while others dont, they wanted to catch and kill/imprison him, cause they view him as a criminal...

Completely disagree with all of this. Although, it seems most people are thinking the same way you're thinking. For me, the Accords and Bucky weren't separate issues. The entire decision making process, who is allowed to head it, who decides what's a credible threat, and what is not, and how soon action can be taken to counteract the threat is at the heart of the Accords, and how to deal with the Bucky situation (and anything they discover along the way). I don't think it was a primary/secondary or either/or, it's a both/and issue.

Daps
great film, spidey and tchalla was done justice

btw, for those saying tony is justified in the end - i feel y'all, obviously dude was gonna be heated ... but y'all acting like Cap wasn't just riding for his day one? If your boy from time is being accused of doing some foul shyt I hope for his/their sake you all would ride for 'em like Rogers did

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
This making muthafukkas young again technology

Between Benjamin Buttons, Hank Pym, and Stark...

shyts SPOOOOOOKY!!!:merchant:

Cant help but think of Tony grabbin my mother arm like he did ol girl at the elevator :mjlol:

"You dont get your goddamn hand off me!" :what:

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Only if you ignore 3 Cap lines and the events from the last movie

no one is ignoring those things....it's just the accords dont play a major part of the story like yall want them to.....i mean, even despite him telling BW he wasnt going to sign the papers, he still was going to sign them if it wouldve helped bucky...that shows they werent the dividing factor like yall are trying to say....they were a secondary factor, but the main divider was capt's feelings for bucky...the main decisions he made were based on that: looking for him for 2 years after capt 2 movie; freezing against crossbones at the mention of his name; helping him not get arrested; fighting the other avengers; going against tony throughout the whole movie, especially at the end; etc....it was all driven by his friendship feelings for bucky....

...in the future, the accords may play a major part in a movie/the universe, but in this movie, they didnt...the accords and the villain's ploy were all secondary to capt's feelings.....which were the driving force...so much so, that i'm willing to say i think this movie was supposed to be a straight capt 3 movie that revolved around him & bucky's friendship, but after wb/dc announced BvS, marvel figured the best way to compete against that was with an 'event' type movie (which they have said bvs was the reason they did cw)...and an event that involved capt in a major way was 'civil war', so they did the best they could to try to put aspects of that comic into the movie...that's why it felt like the comic aspects were secondary even though the film is titled CW and supposed to be based on that.....

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So The Avengers were locking each other up because some of them helped a criminal.:jbhmm:

By that logic how is Tony Stark not in jail? He built a rogue AI that almost ended the world. His creation caused more deaths in "Age Of Ultron" than anything The Winter Soldier ever did.

Not only did The Avengers not turn on him or judge him, they helped him.

So I'm :what: that you think The Avengers would mobilize against one of their own because he's trying to help a friend. Worst case scenario some of them would be against it, or neutral. A few might help Cap.

The major difference is Ross made the people that refused to help Cap, hunt down the people that agreed to help.

No accords, no Ross. I'm :mjlol:that you think the team would blow up half an airport over what would be, without the accords, a simple debate. A debate that pails in comparison to what Stark did in "Age Of Ultron".

He took the Mind Gem, an object he doesn't even understand, and conducted dangerous experiments with it. But you think The Avengers would draw the line at Cap and Bucky, and start locking each other up? C'mon man.

Fred.

Tony's not in jail cause even though he built the ai that did that, he also built the vision, which stopped the ai he built...so for the most part, he was 'forgiven' cause he fixed the problem, even though he caused said problem...not everyone felt like that, but for the most part, the majority did...

some of the avengers were turning on him, disagreeing with his choices, but they decided to work with him to stop ultron....since they all felt they played a part in it....

he's not just helping a 'friend'..he's helping someone that helped bring down shield, accused of blowing up an UN meeting, and countless other crimes...lol at you down playing the winter soldier like he some reg dude capt helping....using words like 'simple' debate, lol ok....

you can try to use words to minimize the other aspects to try to increase the role the accords play, but that's not how the movie plays out if you look at the movie....

....at this point we talking in circles....it's cool, nice shooting the shyt with you...

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Completely disagree with all of this. Although, it seems most people are thinking the same way you're thinking. For me, the Accords and Bucky weren't separate issues. The entire decision making process, who is allowed to head it, who decides what's a credible threat, and what is not, and how soon action can be taken to counteract the threat is at the heart of the Accords, and how to deal with the Bucky situation (and anything they discover along the way). I don't think it was a primary/secondary or either/or, it's a both/and issue.

bucky and the accords ended up overlapping in small instances, but for most of the movie, they were separate.....they tried to force the accords to play a larger part in bucky's story, but it just never felt like they did....at least to me, you think different, that's cool....

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
he only went against tony and the papers cause he thought they were gonna fukk bucky over, plain and simple

But what about Cap's trepidations of not being allowed to go where they need to go? Or going somewhere they don't want to go? What about the "safest hands are still our own" that was reinforced in TWS?

no one is ignoring those things..

he only went against tony and the papers cause he thought they were gonna fukk bucky over, plain and simple

Oh