Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
True,i just thoght the conflict between them wouldve been based on that mostly,but its mostly over Bucky...I will admit i probaly wouldnt have noticed if it wasnt for thecoli...but after people on here explained the concept of the story in the books it sounded interesting to see it play out on the big screen:ohhh:.....But i still liked the conflict tht took place in the movie,may have been boring in a movie anyway trying to build that up in a movie....they kept it simple and gave conflicts anybody could relate to:manny:
the only thing about the main story in the book that i personally thought was dope was how the shyt popped off
The New Warriors were filming a reality show and caught Nitro on bad day
killed mad people, kids too
you would think that after something so catastrophic it would make for a deep ass story
but the Spider Man fukkery and Tony becoming Untouchable Boss Hawg Iron Man
shyt was all over the place

i think they did a pretty decent job taking little elements from the book and making their own version for the cinema :ehh:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
the only thing about the main story in the book that i personally thought was dope was how the shyt popped off
The New Warriors were filming a reality show and caught Nitro on bad day
killed mad people, kids too
you would think that after something so catastrophic it would make for a deep ass story
but the Spider Man fukkery and Tony becoming Untouchable Boss Hawg Iron Man
shyt was all over the place

i think they did a pretty decent job taking little elements from the book and making their own version for the cinema :ehh:

Yeah I never really fukked with that arc so I was glad they adapted it and made it better, at least in my mind.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
naw, the paperwork didnt start the beef....it was capt's feelings for bucky that started the beef...he only went against tony and the papers cause he thought they were gonna fukk bucky over, plain and simple...remember he nor anybody really got time to do anything with the papers before the bombing happened....they got introduced to the papers, had about a day or so to think about it, and the day the bombing happened is the same day they were suppose to decide.....yea, capt made his choice, but the others didnt/it wasnt known...they didnt make a choice until after the bombing....and even then, the teams werent decided by the papers, but more so who was cool with tony/capt or what agenda you had...the papers were secondary and the villain was third in this movie....the driving force of this 'civil war' was capt's feelings for bucky and who ultimately was gonna be capt's bff....

The paper work was brought up before The Winter Soldier was even in the movie though. The Crossbones shyt is what caused it.

Cap was leery right off the bat in the very first conversation they had. He opposed the accords outright, then the bombing with "Bucky" happened and he found out Tony was putting people on house arrest and he was like :camby:

Also keep in mind the rest of them didn't have to point blank say "fukk those accords" or refuse to sign. By helping Cap and by extension Bucky they were choosing to break the law.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
True,i just thoght the conflict between them wouldve been based on that mostly,but its mostly over Bucky...I will admit i probaly wouldnt have noticed if it wasnt for thecoli...but after people on here explained the concept of the story in the books it sounded interesting to see it play out on the big screen:ohhh:.....But i still liked the conflict tht took place in the movie,may have been boring in a movie anyway trying to build that up in a movie....they kept it simple and gave conflicts anybody could relate to:manny:

Don't get me wrong, it is mostly over Bucky but without the accords the movie would've been over in 15 minutes. Because the full Avengers team going after him would've been ridiculously lop sided. The Winter Soldier is a beast but somebody like The Scarlet Witch or Vision could hem him up in about 2 seconds.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Another thing, people watching this on bootleg are wilding. I don't knock bootlegs usually but I seen this shyt in IMAX 3D and it was beautiful. The airport fight was filmed specifically for IMAX 3D and you can tell.

Fred.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
The paper work was brought up before The Winter Soldier was even in the movie though. The Crossbones shyt is what caused it.

Cap was leery right off the bat in the very first conversation they had. He opposed the accords outright, then the bombing with "Bucky" happened and he found out Tony was putting people on house arrest and he was like :camby:

Also keep in mind the rest of them didn't have to point blank say "fukk those accords" or refuse to sign. By helping Cap and by extension Bucky they were choosing to break the law.

Fred.
yeah
remember before the Winter Soldier stuff even popped off Black Widow asked "hey what if we dont sign?":jbhmm:
and Ross was like "well then youre retired." :ufdup:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
yeah
remember before the Winter Soldier stuff even popped off Black Widow asked "hey what if we dont sign?":jbhmm:
and Ross was like "well then youre retired." :ufdup:

Yeah, exactly. Half the team was contemplating not signing before Bucky even appeared. The shyt with him just forced the decision sooner.

Fred.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Fred.

yea, crossbones helped start it off, but it was him saying 'bucky' and capt freezing up cause of the emotional tie, that allowed him to set the bomb off, which was used to help introduce the accords...if he doesnt freeze up, that explosion cant be used against them, the accords probably dont get written cause the UN wouldnt have gotten together....cause that was put together mostly cause of the wakandians dying...

also, even after they caught bucky, capt was still gonna sign the accords to help him out...it wasnt until tony talked about SW and capt figured they'd do the same to bucky that he changed his mind...

the rest of them werent thinking about the accords (ant-man, spidey, SW, bp, WS, etc.) when they fell on whatever team they did...they went off their ties to either cap or tony....hawkeye and falcon always ride for capt..ant-man rode for falcon, so he rode for capt....war machine, vision, spidey rode for tony...bp just wanted WS, so he was on team tony by default....basically, it had nothing to do with the accords....

...seriously, i know you trying to make it seem like the accords played a big part in the movie, but they didnt....you can take the accords out and the movie still moves along how it did without missing a beat...cause the driving factor for the movie wasnt the accords, it was capt's feelings for bucky...that was always the dividing point of the team...capt wanted to catch and help him; cause he still views him as a friend.....while others dont, they wanted to catch and kill/imprison him, cause they view him as a criminal...

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Marvel is so powerful they got Superman to do a bit cameo in Civil War. #PowerMove

CiIqlIJW0AE9UGy.jpg

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
I do wish that some main characters were killed. It would be the perfect story arc for Captain America to be killed in this by the government.

Then Doctor Strange reviving him in Infinity War. But still great movie.

Why not revive Quick Silver then, while we're at it?:dame:

Groot?:dame:

Tony's parents?:dame:

T'Chaka?:dame:

Uncle Ben?:dame:

Zemo's wife and kid?:dame:

Revivals:scust:

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, exactly. Half the team was contemplating not signing before Bucky even appeared. The shyt with him just forced the decision sooner.

Fred.

bucky was in the movie before he 'appeared'....seriously, yall acting like the only way for his presence to be felt was for him to physically be there, and that's not true....first time his presence is felt in the movie is when capt catches crossbones and he 'freezes up' at the mention of "Bucky'...he stopped what he was doing and snapped at crossbones saying 'BUCKY?!?!? what did he tell you? tell me!!!!'...which shows how capt's feelings for bucky effect him....he even said as much to SW when they were at the mansion and capt took the blame for what happened....seriously, him and falcon had been looking for him for 2 years when the movie started, but yall acting like that doesnt have any effect on him/the plot of the movie....

Last edited:

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
How badass is Black Panther to be giving Winter Soldier the business with AND without the Panther suit? Had that nikka running marathons in the skreets :russ:

Yeah, let's pretend he wasn't also being hunted down by Cap, Falcon, Tony, BW and Sharon Carter too:mjlol: