Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
What lines? Gotta admit I didn't even notice this.

Fred.

Specifically the "You just started a WAR!" Line that Tony barks at Cap. That line never occurs in the movie

Also the "I Was wrong about you. The whole world was wrong about you.." Line from the trailer is omitted from the final cut

Also there are lines that are altered. The conversation between Cap and Tony where Cap utters "But he's my friend." And Tony says sorrowfully "So was I" is changed to sound more angry and dismissive coming from Tony.

The scene where Spider-Man first appears and takes Captain America's shield is different. He doesn't begin with "Hey Everyone." He speaks to Tony then Cap then addresses the rest with the "Hey Everyone" line

The scene where Thunderbolt Ross is admonishing The Avengers for all the destruction and death they've caused is altered. In the trailer he begins with the devastation in New York and ends with Sokovia, prompting Wanda to put her head down in sadness at the memory of her brother Pietro. In the film General Ross mentions Sokovia last, and Wanda puts her head down in shame for the dead Wakandans

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
The only problem I did kind of have is the fact the airport scene was kinda light. It didn't have the impact I felt it should have. Scene was still good, but it lack any real serious emotion and consequence outside of Rhodes damn near getting bodied.

the airport scene looked kinda corny from the previews to be honest. Ant Man and Spidey were the best parts of that scene honestly.

And I think most are in agreement that Tony had every right to wanna fukk buck up for good.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Because me and my friends go to Comic-cons and superhero, action, and science movies in big groups. And we're not the only women who do that. We meet other female gamers, COS players, and comic book readers at the comic book stores, conventions, and movies all the time. You're dating the wrong women.
Yup my ex was the perfect person to see any comic book flick with. She understood everything and saved any question she had for after the movie but she normally didn't have that many because she'd be up on stuff or do her research before we watched it

While my woman can be quite the ruiner of all things, she definitely doesn't do this while watching movies in theater at least and thoroughly enjoys most of the comic book movies we've scene in theaters together so it's usually no issue with inviting her to see with me. If not for the entertainment of the spectacle and story of characters, then at least for the male eye-candy. She thoroughly loved Deadpool since she's a hardcore Ryan Reynolds fanatics over his looks and likes THor and Cap in lower levelled, similar regards, lol. She usually gets the movies enough to not asks silly questions while in theaters or is at least sensible enough to not do so, probably due to no pause button cuz she sure as shyt will do it at home tho, lol.

Specifically the "You just started a WAR!" Line that Tony barks at Cap. That line never occurs in the movie

Also the "I Was wrong about you. The whole world was wrong about you.." Line from the trailer is omitted from the final cut

Also there are lines that are altered. The conversation between Cap and Tony where Cap utters "But he's my friend." And Tony says sorrowfully "So was I" is changed to sound more angry and dismissive coming from Tony.

The scene where Spider-Man first appears and takes Captain America's shield is different. He doesn't begin with "Hey Everyone." He speaks to Tony then Cap then addresses the rest with the "Hey Everyone" line

The scene where Thunderbolt Ross is admonishing The Avengers for all the destruction and death they've caused is altered. In the trailer he begins with the devastation in New York and ends with Sokovia, prompting Wanda to put her head down in sadness at the memory of her brother Pietro. In the film General Ross mentions Sokovia last, and Wanda puts her head down in shame for the dead Wakandans

This was probably due to not spoiling much about the movie's story with Wakanda's/BP's involvement more than anything. Everything else is on-point.

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
If anyone remembers in Winter Solider they showed his potential list of hits Bucky committed during his time under HYDRA control and they showed Howard Starks face. So I figured if they made a Civil War movie they'd use that for the conflict between Captain Americca and Iron Man. shyt was obvious to me the minute the flashback said 1991.
Same. I didn't realize it was a twist until everyone kept saying it was

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
I don't think anybody in their right minds would argue that black people (and minorities in general) aren't severely under represented in movies but this site has whole sub-sections full of race baiting and some people (not the guy I was talking to, or you) are using these threads to spread it.

Fred.
i don't think you understand black plight as much as you think you do. you grow around black people but you dismiss the TheRoot section or a littile each on race about CW to full race baiting. I like Marvel but im not blind to it

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
i don't think you understand black plight as much as you think you do. you grow around black people but you dismiss the TheRoot section or a littile each on race about CW to full race baiting. I like Marvel but im not blind to it

I never claimed to understand it. I'm saying starting a thread in The Film Room talking about Black Panther is a "safe, docile negro" or whatever the fukk is going to get bounced. I don't care who makes it. We ain't doing race bait threads here.

Not sure I understand the bolded.

Fred.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i thought he been BP but he was new to being king.

We can't believe his old ass daddy was running around being BP. :mjlol:

he's probably been BP for 10 years or so. He should be roughly 32

Pops was like "Im sorry Steve Rogers couldnt be here today:wtb:"....pops was ready to suit up and get some payback for his people:mjcry:

Black Panther was actually goat,i believe the hype now,I can finally stop waiting for Blade to walk back through that door,we in good hands now...you can finally rest easy Wesley:wow:

Might have to finally watch that antman movie i never planned on seeing.

Movie was really good though,not sure what the whole "whos side are you on" promo was about now though:dahell:?I found myself being on everybodys side from BP,Cap and Bucky,Tony and even Zemo.....far as Cap and Ironman the politics behind signing that paperwork wasnt really a focus of the movie....it was a backseat issue to about 4 other conflicts,so not sure why is marketed as a dispute over two different ideologys.

And i see yall eating up that Spiderman appearance....he got a boost from being amongst the action and having back n forth with RDJ....not convinced he can carry his own in a standalone though.

Also Bucky was a savage:banderas:

Falcon shined in this too.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Pops was like "Im sorry Steve Rogers couldnt be here today:wtb:"....pops was ready to suit up and get some payback for his people:mjcry:

Black Panther was actually goat,i believe the hype now,I can finally stop waiting for Blade to walk back through that door,we in good hands now...you can finally rest easy Wesley:wow:

Might have to finally watch that antman movie i never planned on seeing.

Movie was really good though,not sure what the whole "whos side are you on" promo was about now though:dahell:?I found myself being on everybodys side from BP,Cap and Bucky,Tony and even Zemo.....far as Cap and Ironman the politics behind signing that paperwork wasnt really a focus of the movie....it was a backseat issue to about 4 other conflicts,so not sure why is marketed as a dispute over two different ideologys.

And i see yall eating up that Spiderman appearance....he got a boost from being amongst the action and having back n forth with RDJ....not convinced he can carry his own in a standalone though.

Also Bucky was a savage:banderas:

Falcon shined in this too.

Marvel got the rights to Blade back so he will pop up sooner or later.

Fred.