Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
You know what breh, you're right about the spoilers.

They prettying much leaked the opening scene.

They could've held, Spider-Man out of the trailers entirely. His reveal would've been that much epic.

I think studios are under so much pressure to meet box office projections that they give way too much. Social media has made it worse.

I agree. I hope someone gets brave and starts bucking this 'let's market the movie by spoiling 1/3 of the it' trend. There's lines in the CW trailer I was waiting for that weren't even in the movie. It's kinda distracting wondering where and when parts of the trailer will appear, and then annoying when you realize that they've cut and manipulated whole sequences that may ultimately not even make it into the movie. Plus it's kinda fun going in mostly blind and just taking the ride with no expectations. I wonder if we're too far gone to go back to that.

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
I don't think I would have minded it as much if they had really developed it properly. That kiss came out of nowhere, which only highlighted how random his love interest choice is. The only thing that made it less awkward was the shot of Falcon and Bucky afterwards smiling at their boy finally getting some action.

Yes it was random, but looking back Black Widow told him in The Winter Soldier movie before she gave Steve the Bucky file to pursue her. He hasn't seen her since the events of that movie which was about two years.

Bucky & Falcon scene was great, you always had Bucky trying to get Steve dates back in the day. Now Falcon his current pal sees him finally getting some action that's not about being in a mission.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I agree. I hope someone gets brave and starts bucking this 'let's market the movie by spoiling 1/3 of the it' trend. There's lines in the CW trailer I was waiting for that weren't even in the movie. It's kinda distracting wondering where and when parts of the trailer will appear, and then annoying when you realize that they've cut and manipulated whole sequences that may ultimately not even make it into the movie. Plus it's kinda fun going in mostly blind and just taking the ride with no expectations. I wonder if we're too far gone to go back to that.

Actually tho, this could serve as a better means to market the movie by showing things that were cut out of it, so that there would be more surprise going in. I get what you mean by the sentiment tho.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Indeed. Yeah, I got spoiled a lil bit with the BP scenes, not in their entirety, but still just enough to have underhyped that part of the movie for me. Same with Black Widow's opening segment too. Ugh. They also shouldn've have at all showed War Machine getting shot down in the trailer. What a way to momentum kill that scene. Granted, his plummet to the earth wasn't show and still had some impact (pun intended), but still yeah, they showed way too much of the movie in trailers.

That's why guardians was so piff. They didn't show much in the trailers. I think BvS contributed to Marvel showing so much footage. They never went this hard with previous movies. They wanted to make sure it made more money than BvS on its opening weekend. And now you got Fox doing the same thing with this x-men flick :mjpls:

I gotta start laying off YouTube. I be watching the trailers, as well as all of the reaction footage. I'm not gonna lie, it does sway people to go see it and helps with the numbers but it doesn't contribute to the overall movie experience. Especially when you're watching scenes you saw at least 30 times on YouTube :snoop:

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
Actually tho, this could serve as a better means to market the movie by showing things that were cut out of it, so that there would be more surprise going in. I get what you mean by the sentiment tho.

Marvel's done that before in Iron Man 2 and The Winter Soldier with their trailers. Then those scenes don't even end up in the final cut. I am sure they will continue to do it.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Black Panther- LOVED how furious and onpar/even better fighting skills he had against Cap. They did his character beautifully and almost made him into a Batman-esque kinda character with how intuitive of a situation he was and playing as an investigator
especially following Cap and Bucky to Russia which shows he wanted the real answers to his fathers death
that scene of him sitting with Zemo listening to Zemo's pain in life hise :wow:

Spiderman- :wow: :wow: hilarious kid and loved the constant quips and laughed when Falcon called attention to it

"this isn't how fighting happens kid " :birdman:

Bucky- same dude from WS with ferocity and was great on screen with more dialogue

Antman- :russ: although the writers jumped the gun a little in making Paul Rudd make too many jokes

Black Panther and Spiderman did steal the show BUT Cap equally had his influence on the movie near the end by beating Tony's ass and having more of "i dont give a fukk anymore attitude"

Tony low key stole the show tho and they played on his fears and emotions ALOT this movie, something they were trying Age of Ultron
-Pepper breaking up with him so hes using the Sokovia Accord to prove hes a changed dude and win her back
-the black woman mad that he killed her son in the Sokovia incident
-his parents death
-Rodhey becoming disabled

they Steelers blitz the fukk outta Tony's emotions this movie and he crumbled :mjcry:

Word. One of the very low-key things I noticed and liked about Black Panther's portrayal in this was that there was some scene, I think during the airport scene when he lands from a great height on his feet and it doesn't make a sound at all. That's due to the vibranium in his boots cancelling out sound when his feet ever hit the ground. I bet most didn't even peep that shyt tho and only BP fans would know about that at this point considering that they didn't get into details about his powerset in this movie, understandably.