Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
tumblr_o6y1cqGUTp1uxamwco1_500.gif

tumblr_o6y1cqGUTp1uxamwco2_500.gif

Wakandians don't play :birdman:

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
I have a
Does anybody else feel like it was sort of overlooked that Rogers knew all along that Bucky had Killed Starks Parents? It seemed like it was just.. IDK.. kind of not that big part of the Movie. Maybe because it was at the end?
:ehh:

It's not clear how long Steve knew about that. He may have only recently discovered that through Bucky, or maybe he found out when Natasha handed him the file after WS. Either way, I thought it came off as a huge revelation. It was actually kinda cool that they took his character there. I don't think the comics even took it there that explicitly. I watched AoU right before CW, so that revelation was a nice call back to the scene where Stark tells Steve that he doesn't trust anyone who doesn't have a dark side. Steve's omnious response was "Well maybe you just haven't seen it yet". If in fact Steve knew about Stark's parents while he was having that conversation, it makes what he said even more fukked up, and awesome.

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
I have a
Does anybody else feel like it was sort of overlooked that Rogers knew all along that Bucky had Killed Starks Parents? It seemed like it was just.. IDK.. kind of not that big part of the Movie. Maybe because it was at the end?
:ehh:

He didn't really know. He had his suspicions after Zola told him that Hydra crossed people off if they ever got close to their plans. Then I guess when Bucky told him there were more assassins he probably was hopeful that it might've been one of them

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
He didn't know specifically. He only knew HYDRA was behind it. I'm sure he had his suspicions

He didn't really know. He had his suspicions after Zola told him that Hydra crossed people off if they ever got close to their plans. Then I guess when Bucky told him there were more assassins he probably was hopeful that it might've been one of them

Go and watch the movie again. Stark asks Steve if he knew, and Steve pauses, and says "No, but I suspected". Stark calls bullshyt and asks him again "Did you know?" and Steve says "yes." He knew.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Made sense to me too. His arc is about becoming the man his father wants him to be and truly realizing what it means to be a king. A king shouldn't be driven by vengeance or consumed by it. Forgiveness may be a Christian value but it's also a human value and one that many religions and culture put a lot of stock into.
This

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Watched this on Saturday and first and foremost :whew:I dodged the spoilers. Never going into a movie thread/tv thread without seeing the movie/episode first EVER. It's just TOO risky spoilers galor. I didn't even watch the trailers. Had no idea ant man was in this. I have no idea how you guys spoil this shyt for yourselves it's crazy IMO it just kills the experience. I appreciate being completely in the dark about things.

Also IMAX 3D is a must. First time seeing a marvel movie like that and theres no going back...

You know what breh, you're right about the spoilers.

They prettying much leaked the opening scene.

They could've held, Spider-Man out of the trailers entirely. His reveal would've been that much epic.

I think studios are under so much pressure to meet box office projections that they give way too much. Social media has made it worse.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
You know what breh, you're right about the spoilers.

They prettying much leaked the opening scene.

They could've held, Spider-Man out of the trailers entirely. His reveal would've been that much epic.

I think studios are under so much pressure to meet box office projections that they give way too much. Social media has made it worse.

Indeed. Yeah, I got spoiled a lil bit with the BP scenes, not in their entirety, but still just enough to have underhyped that part of the movie for me. Same with Black Widow's opening segment too. Ugh. They also shouldn've have at all showed War Machine getting shot down in the trailer. What a way to momentum kill that scene. Granted, his plummet to the earth wasn't show and still had some impact (pun intended), but still yeah, they showed way too much of the movie in trailers.