Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I only want a code name because she still was wearing her BP outfit, seemingly always wanted to be BP, and somewhat embraced the other heroes more than T'Challa. Besides, I think they're using their gov'ts a little too much these days. In what world do people with nicknames get called by their gov'ts by EERYBODY?

LOL :dead:

I feel you, but politically, she isn't some random chick, so her government name has weight. Plus, I get the feeling she would be one of those "My name is the shyt" type of people :mannyshrug. I do see her getting a nickname based on her actions though.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
what a insult to Cap for fukking up Red Skull and placing fukking Baron Zemo above him:russ:

If this was Baron Zemo from the comics which father was a founding member of hydra, trust me Cap would have caught that work...:sadcam:

I was surprised he didnt inject himself with the super soldier serum... regardless... but that might have been too cliche'... fukking the avengers up from the inside seemed to do the trick...

The will of a single man...:wow:

John Hull

You can’t see me!
Daps
Reppin
Studio gangstas
Everyone knows doomsday killed supes in the comics... the point is nobody thought they would really do it in the movie. But I respect that they did. Captain america got killed in the comics too but you know Marvel don't got the balls to ever do that in the movies. they couldnt even kill off Rhodey.. lol. He was the only one who even got hurt in the whole movie and they should that in the trailer.

LOL. Yeah you right on that one. Not like War Machine is this vital character to the Marvel Universe. Plus that would have pushed Stark over the edge way quicker, and the last third of the movie would have had a nastier tone just like the comics. Maybe Don Cheadle got a dope agent :sas2:

Either way, that don't change the fact that I wasn't bored to tears like I was watching Jesse Eisenberg butcher Lex Luthor with all that giggling and babbling about Gods and devils, and trying to figure out what the hell those Bat dreams meant. :russell:

BvS was an epic fail in the writing department, and all the action was revealed in the trailers so there's no argument here bro. DC taking L's outchea

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
This is funny coming from you :mjlol:

But carry on.
Men lie women lie RT numbers don't :troll:

Anyway we see what the deal is. Obviously you can not like something but we know a few of y'all been waiting to try and clap back since you didn't like how BVS was received. But I'm largely talking to the people that think there is a marvel bias but will ignore the obvious bitterness from some in this forum towards marvel for whatever reason. So in their world marvel is greasing palms for biased reviews but people who were obviously bitter about BvS didnt allow that to influence their view of Marvel or its next product, sounds legit :ehh:

edit:

Going to bed so I 'll address this tomorrow. This movie is without question getting away with stuff that a certain other movie did not.

bu bu but why cant i just list what i dislike :mjlol:

we peeped game in one sentence, get out of here :mjlol:

Last edited:

illwittdeez

aka Breh Wyatt
Daps
Reppin
Da Yo 330, Ohio
Is it bad that felt more deeply for Stark's parents dying than Superman's?

Don't get me wrong I like BvS too, it's just that it felt like a encrypted message that I understand more after browsing the net for explanations. It felt like it was purposely made for DC fanboys. Whereas Civil War was made for a general audience with stuff for Marvel fanboys splashed in.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Zemo could of known that Stark knew about his location OR even his intentions..... I would of half-expected he would knew Rogers and Bucky... I would of even accepted that. But he was expected Stark to be there to show the tape... HOW?

And as for Captain America... the ONLY thing that made sense is his relationship with Bucky. That was his ride or die. That's never even questioned. But everything else is. For copping pleas over how the Avengers consistently cause collateral damage, something he always chastised Fury in initiating, to holding that secret to Stark.... his moral character never been compromising yet he made a compromising decision that is against his character. That sappy voicemail apology not standing. It would of been totally IN character had it been Stark holding onto a secret to Rogers that would of been devastating. But either way... that last reason of the final battle was FORCED...just so there be a reason for them to fight one more time. Made little reasonable sense when Stark already knew that Bucky wasn't under his own control.

Imagine if it was the Purple Man from Jessica Jones, able to control other minds... would you emotionally say, "fukk that, he still killed my mother" regardless of you already KNOWING the truth of who's behind it?

Your missing a few dots to connect. It didn't matter if Stark was there or not, his actions would still be the same. Why did he leak that the real doc was dead, complete with disguises as Bucky? Once he released it, the Avengers would be united to try to stop HIM because they think he's trying to awaken the other sleepers. Whoever is there, once the tape is shown, they would bring Bucky in or completely step out of it. Cap would not let them take Bucky in, so now the team breaks up indefinitely. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

It's not about collateral damage, because he understands that it will always be that. They try to minimize. In every Avengers, AOU they always tried to evacuate before engaging. He feels that it's best that the Avengers operate outside of govermental control, for reasons being of being hired guns. His beef with Fury was not the secrets but what the secrets actually were - black market WMDs. Fury was stealing and manipulating alien technology to create weapons that could end up in the wrong hands..basically Stark pre-Iron Man. Every mission he sent them on, he had a hidden agenda to not destroy, but steal. He would tell them one thing, but do another. That's what makes Cap different. By this point Cap knows that Howard was killed by HYDRA, so does SHIELD, Widow, even Tony already knew that. Winter Soldier was one of the agents that completed such missions, so they all put 2 & 2 together. But no one actually knew that Winter Soldier actually did it, or the extent measures he took to kill them, or knew that video existed. Once you see the video, it's an entirely different ballgame, so they would all have reacted in some way. "I didn't know it was him" was Cap being honest. Cap isn't against secrets, it's hidden agenda secrets, which is why he apologized with the letter. But he's moreso about protecting people, protecting everyone at the same time.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
If this was Baron Zemo from the comics which father was a founding member of hydra, trust me Cap would have caught that work...:sadcam:

I was surprised he didnt inject himself with the super soldier serum... regardless... but that might have been too cliche'... fukking the avengers up from the inside seemed to do the trick...

The will of a single man...:wow:
I was hoping we'd get that Zemo and leader of The Masters of Evil version but maybe when ever he breaks out both will happen in time:lupe:

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Man, did they get T'Challa right in the movie. He his outward actions definitely said showed is character as focused, rational, and profound. Gotta give them an applause for that. I enjoyed the movie overall as well. Very good work. TONY STANK!

My favorite quote was "Don't worry about it....I'll kill him myself"

Also, I like how they incorporated Tony Starks parents and Winter Soldier killing them. It gave me a similar feeling to when Deadpool was getting tortured.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Doubt it, even if he knows about them he understands that they are street level heroes. When he forms the new avengers the roster will have less street level avengers now that they've split
Actually Luke and Irosfist are part of the New Avengers so they would be added and Spider-Man is street level as well technically.

YakSpiller

Superstar
Daps
Couple funny moments:

-At the theater I was at the crowd clappers when they first showed Black Panther

-Couple people cheered for Peter Parker scene, some chick behind me was a little hurt Aunt May was so bad she was like :mjcry:"nobody's aunt looks kind that":usure:

-Funnies moment in theater was when Vision hit WM, when he hit the ground some nigha in the back clapped and yelled "fukk THAT nikka" whole theater bust out :laff:

-Me and homie was prolly the only ones who laughed at that Furman line :russ:

-Black Panther :blessed: Bruh was dope! When his bodyguards stepped to BW. His fly ass suit at the end :whoo:

-Ant-man is/was my favorite I fukk with Paul Rudd in the MCU perfect comic relief/dope abilities

-Spidey (my all-time favorite superhero) was dope, I'm glad they got him in the MCU and Holland was good.