Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

John Hull

You can’t see me!
Daps
Reppin
Studio gangstas
Civil War is better than BVS for the simple fact that it's better. If you don't understand things like pacing, and dramatic timing then why bother commenting.

I was engaged from the first scene in CW, which was good, pleasantly surprised it was the scene from the trailer so I knew Marvel didn't give away the whole plot, and there was more to look forward to.

DC showing us Doomsday in the trailer is equivalent to Marvel revealing the Giant Man portion of the airport fight before the movie is released.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man... I'm missing something shyt here...

1. For those saying BvS was better is there like a director's cut or a completely different movie out from the theatrical version?

2. For those who are saying the villain was underwhelming, I think that was point, it made you focus more on the tear between the avengers.

3. I'm not putting BW and Hawkeye on Batman's level but if Batman (a normal human being) can go toe to toe against Superman's villains and others of the like, why can't Rominoff and Barton hang with the villains and heroes in the Marvel universe? It's not like there beating these people by themselves, they know their roles, they're not the stars on the team but they compliment them nicely.

Not to say BvS is better or worst... but there IS a 3hr director's cut which was the cut that Snyder ORIGINALLY wanted in theaters but overuled by WB.... knowing how the Watchmen's director's cut is MILES superior than the theatrical cut... I am faithful to believe that this director's cut will flesh out a lot of things that were forced to be edited out in the theatrical cut.

Also, what was the POINT of Zemo? You could of and for the most portion of the film have a Civil War without anything to do with him. It could of been over ideological differences of allowing the government to take reign onto the Avengers and Bucky going rogue. Bucky could of been now a paid assassin or someone to whom worked with Crossbones to which named dropped him at the start of the movie. The Zemo element just DID NOT WORK and was forced in at the final part of the film for pure convenience.

Hawkeye ALWAYS to be felt like an odd one out.... Black Widow I don't have any real issue at all.

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
Made sense to me too. His arc is about becoming the man his father wants him to be and truly realizing what it means to be a king. A king shouldn't be driven by vengeance or consumed by it. Forgiveness may be a Christian value but it's also a human value and one that many religions and culture put a lot of stock into.
Plus he saw what vengeance had done too Zemo, blowing up buildings and pinning it on a innocent man, all to bring down the Avengers, And saw Tony fighting TWS and Cap out of vengeance. He saw that and decided it wasn't a path he wanted to go down.

He didn't even forgive him, Zemo got thrown into that cell they put Bucky in.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its amazing how many people don't get that.

The movie is called Civil War, not Zemo's Revenge :mjlol:

It would of been okay had it NOT been the fact this was ZEMO'S AGENDA to create a civil war..... you cannot erase that. That's like saying Lex Luthor doesn't matter in Batman v Superman because it's about the two superheros fighting, never mind the individual that pulled the strings to initiate it.

Romell

Superstar
Daps
F all that over analytical film critic BS mumbo jumbo. The movie was dope and fun. Everything made sense. There wasn't a clear happy ending and they did all the characters justice which deserves an applause itself.

I thought my boys were going to seriously injure each other :mjcry:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Plus he saw what vengeance had done too Zemo, blowing up buildings and pinning it on a innocent man, all to bring down the Avengers, And saw Tony fighting TWS and Cap out of vengeance. He saw that and decided it wasn't a path he wanted to go down.

He didn't even forgive him, Zemo got thrown into that cell they put Bucky in.

Yup. He realized justice isn't him taking vengeance but justice is him rotting in a cell

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think it really matters if it was Stark or not, it was just an added bonus. They all believed that Zemo was going to Siberia to awake the sleeper agents, all who were enhanced even more than Bucky, so he figured that a few members on the team would come to assist. He was all about the Avengers imploding, so no matter who saw the video, they would still try to bring Winter Soldier in and Cap would not have it. Even if they rode with Cap, they'd probably sit it out completely. Stark coming made it potentially irreplaceable.

ANd It's not that Cap is honest (that's Supes), he's uncompromisable with his beliefs..and he's ride or die with his team. Bucky was brainwashed so Cap believes it wasn't his fault. Even before he was 100% sure Bucky killed his parents, he wouldn't let the Avengers bring him in. That was his homie and his last ties to his past life. Not gonna happen. He got arrested for trying to help Bucky escape, as did they all.

Hell, in the comics, Cap still won't let the X-Men trial Scarlet Witch for making the mutant an endangered species.

Zemo could of known that Stark knew about his location OR even his intentions..... I would of half-expected he would knew Rogers and Bucky... I would of even accepted that. But he was expected Stark to be there to show the tape... HOW?

And as for Captain America... the ONLY thing that made sense is his relationship with Bucky. That was his ride or die. That's never even questioned. But everything else is. For copping pleas over how the Avengers consistently cause collateral damage, something he always chastised Fury in initiating, to holding that secret to Stark.... his moral character never been compromising yet he made a compromising decision that is against his character. That sappy voicemail apology not standing. It would of been totally IN character had it been Stark holding onto a secret to Rogers that would of been devastating. But either way... that last reason of the final battle was FORCED...just so there be a reason for them to fight one more time. Made little reasonable sense when Stark already knew that Bucky wasn't under his own control.

Imagine if it was the Purple Man from Jessica Jones, able to control other minds... would you emotionally say, "fukk that, he still killed my mother" regardless of you already KNOWING the truth of who's behind it?

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i just watched a late show and i may be in the minority but this was average as fukk. people were sleeping through parts of this shyt damn! Baron Zemo was worst than Ultron, the fight scenes were on point but the movie was really a bromance flick. i never liked this story arc in the comics but i still came in with a open mind, it wasn't that great. the movie universe is way to small to pull off the epic game changer that was in the comics. but yeah they tried and imo failed

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
Okay here's how I feel after seeing it twice. Very dope flick that does a lot of things right. Now of course, Spidey being in it and being so dope in it is going to sway me in a big way, I'm not going to front about that and that's also obvious as hell. But even divorcing myself from that, there's still a lot to love in this movie. My favorite scene isn't the airport scene but the one with Tony and Steve in the briefing room in Berlin. All of the underlying beef between them that's been brewing for years and the current beef. It shows the best thing about the movie which is that each side is clearly illustrated and understandable. Yeah there's good action, mostly good dialogue, but the heart of the movie is this conflict between sides and that's why the movie is a home run. Doesn't mean it's the greatest of all time, doesn't even mean it's the greatest marvel flick, but it's still a great flick.

Zemo is a dope villain. His motives are clear, his actions are precise, and as he said, he's patient and has experience so he can do anything. I'm sure that doesn't mean he can fly if he wanted to or stop a bullet with his hands or turn invisible, but I get his point. He does what I love for any villain to do, which is to challenge the heroes, force them to ask questions about themselves, and provide whatever is necessary to push them over the edge. He succeeds, period.

BP is dope as hell and I can't wait for his movie. Again, a clearly defined character with a set of goals who echoes the theme of guilt which is so strong in the movie. Everyone's dealing with guilt or with death; sometimes the dialogue is too on the damn nose with it, other times it's more subtle but i feel like BP's arc carries it out the best.

I'd argue that the stakes of this movie are the highest in any marvel movie because it has actual consequences and looks like something they can't come back from. Obviously we've all seen movies and read comic books before, so we know that they will, but the fun comes in seeing how they put it back together. I can't wait to see that.

Oh also, Spidey was dope as hell and the best part of the movie. Cannot wait to see homecoming next summer possibly at midnight, possibly rocking spider man socks, a t shirt, and a hat. That's right, I said it.
better put imo after that statement cuz i gave no fukks bout that cac :ufdup:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How does saying the name of Bruce's dead mother compare in the slightest to Tony finding out his mother was murdered and he happens to be standing right next to the person that did it?:dwillhuh:

Because if something as tragic as the murder of your parents... in Bruce's case right in FRONT of him... that to the present day he still gets nightmares over, you don't believe someone mentioning his mother's name wouldn't fukk him up??? It surely fukked Captain America up when Crossbones mentioned Bucky's name. So for Batman to be emotionally traumatized because of him WITNESSING his parents killed and it still bothering him mentally and emotionally....how could it not equate with Tony witnessing via video tape the same thing?

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
i just watched a late show and i may be in the minority but this was average as fukk. people were sleeping through parts of this shyt damn! Baron Zemo was worst than Ultron, the fight scenes were on point but the movie was really a bromance flick. i never liked this story arc in the comics but i still came in with a open mind, it wasn't that great. the movie universe is way to small to pull off the epic game changer that was in the comics. but yeah they tried and imo failed

You sound like you work at DC comics :dahell: biased as fukk. Zeno succeeded where ultron failed.. he won. He succeeded where Loki failed he won. His plan was simplistic but a masterpiece

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
mudd3m.jpg
:blessed: @ this truth.