Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
That was one of the best scenes in the movie. The tension in the that scene was greater than anything in CW also.

You talk about logic leaps. CW has plenty. BP just magically appears in a plane and follows iron man to bucky and cap.. The whole airport fight scene could have been ended if vision or iron man or someone just destroyed the plane cap and bucky wanted to use instead of fighting. I mean they were there first anyway. And why did vision just disappear during the first part of the airport fight?

Bucky was deflecting gun shots coming from multiple angles with his one metal arm too. talk about ridiculous. And black widow doesn't have super strength as far as I know so how is she even fighting hordes of solders. And why was spiderman even there again? see you can play this game and pick apart CW as well but whats the point?
Obviously we ain't gonna have much to rap about if you think that.

Icing on the cake with how Snyder ruined a character.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
If that makes him emotionally fukked in the head.... then Batman had every reason to be equally emotionally fukked in the head when someone say the name of one of his dead parents. You cannot have it both ways. Especially when Iron Man KNEW that WS was under brainwashed control.... but to say, "fucck that, he still killed my mother"...
How does saying the name of Bruce's dead mother compare in the slightest to Tony finding out his mother was murdered and he happens to be standing right next to the person that did it?:dwillhuh:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I'm not fukking bitter about anything dumbass . You don't how the fukk I went in the movie feeling.

My 3 paragraphs included things that I liked and things I didn't like,but of course to a stans perspective you think I'm bitter:mjlol:

Who the fukk doesn't like that Marvel is doing well critically and financially:what:

Nikka just making shyt up over some damn movie companies

Yeah, i mean it is possible to think something is dope but still have issues with it lol. I don't see anything wrong with your review at all breh. You stated your likes and dislikes. You gave the movie a freaking 8/10.[/QUOTE]

lol

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
How does thecoli feel about BP basically
Having a good Christian moment being all forgiving at the end? He spends the whole movie trying to kill the man who killed his dad. Gets to him then lets him live.

I actually understood it. Killing him wouldn't bring his father back and the villain was done anyways he was ready to die anyways. There would be no point in his death that would be so not black panther killing an unarmed man or a person not fighting back it's kinda dishonorable to him.

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
That's why I don't get the hate for that scene.

Like, if someone says "Save *insert your dead mom's name here*", that's gonna stop ANYONE with a heart in their tracks if they weren't expecting it. I liked the scene. I sometimes feel like an outcast when I see that I'm one of the few who liked that it initiated the truce between Bat and Supes. But whatever. I'm just a general fan who doesn't have much stake in either world.
I don't really mind that Batman hearing his moms name sorta makes him realize he's gone pretty far off his path. I just think it could have been done FAR better. I mean had superman's moms name been Emily or something he'd be rip.
i think bp's pendants must have some type of magic :yeshrug:
I might be misinterpreting it, but when BP and The Winter Soldier have their fight after he gets brainwashed. Panther goes to grab Soldier's arm and something happens between it and his ring.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I actually understood it. Killing him wouldn't bring his father back and the villain was done anyways he was ready to die anyways. There would be no point in his death that would be so not black panther killing an unarmed man or a person not fighting back it's kinda dishonorable to him.

Made sense to me too. His arc is about becoming the man his father wants him to be and truly realizing what it means to be a king. A king shouldn't be driven by vengeance or consumed by it. Forgiveness may be a Christian value but it's also a human value and one that many religions and culture put a lot of stock into.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
How does thecoli feel about BP basically
Having a good Christian moment being all forgiving at the end? He spends the whole movie trying to kill the man who killed his dad. Gets to him then lets him live.

Watching Tony and Cap fight, seeing how far Zemo has gone off the rails in his quest for vengeance, he realizes that he does not want to go down the same path. He's not going Christian, he certainly isn't forgiving (he specifically says he stops Zemo from killing himself because he must still receive punishment). So frankly that scene is perfect to set T'Challa apart as someone wiser than everybody else.