Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Lex Luthor literally pissed in a bottle and gave it to someone

shyt was retarded - drop the equality bs :mjlol: the logic leaps in BvS were dumb at every level. Most of the people questioning Zemo either weren't paying attention or were let down because there wasn't some greater, iconic villain in play.

That was one of the better parts. A massive fukk you before killing someone horribly. :pachaha:

Vandelay

Life is absurd. Lean into it.
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
I thought I would see a plot tie in for Infinity War. When are we going to see that? How many more movies do we have before Infinity War part 1?

I need to see the homie Thanos on screen ASAP.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
I would like to hear opinions on whether y'all think Tony's entire argument for the Accords ultimately falls apart at the end. There's a lot of hypocrisy in the fact that he broke the Accord agreement to go off by himself and get answers about the threat of five super soldiers? I mean he did askRoss to follow up but when Ross shut him down he goes off and does his own thing anyway.

It makes me wonder if Tony's argument was born out of sincere belief or guilt for that dead MIT student.

But now I'm wondering if the Accords really don't work, what kind of measures should be in place to protect civilians and hold Avengers accountable or their actions?

His decision was born out of guilt and fear. Not just for the MIT student but EVERYTHING leading up to this. He killed the Avengers just like Wanda showed him that he would.

I'm mad Spider-Man webs don't come out of his body like Tobey McGuire version.

That was never apart of his origin and really helped create one of my biggest complaints about Tobey's Spiderman...them glossing over the fact that he's actually a genius.

Him having organic webbing and not having to create anything to become Spiderman helped to heavily downplay his intelligence...especially when you consider that they had no problem making him a seamstress able to sew together a complex suit like that :heh:

Web shooters > sewing machines.

illwittdeez

aka Breh Wyatt
Daps
Reppin
Da Yo 330, Ohio
Anyone knows anything about the Black Panther, he actually IS on Batman's level. Without question. He outsmarted Reed and all kind of motherfukk3rs...he's no one to fukk around with. He's not gonna beat Sinister, Apocalypse, or Magneto but he's gonna have a chance to survive because he's brilliant though.
You misread my post BW = Black Widow not Black Panther fam. I put Black Panther over Bats now thanks to Boseman's portrayal of Panther.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
That was one of the better parts. A massive fukk you before killing someone horribly. :pachaha:
Naw breh. Lex's depiction in BvS was only two notches above Dr. Doom in the Fantastic Four films.

Dude is supposed to be the pride of humanity - and he's pissing in bottles like a petty, homeschooled fukkboy :beli:just lame and hamfisted as hell.

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
His decision was born out of guilt and fear. Not just for the MIT student but EVERYTHING leading up to this. He killed the Avengers just like Wanda showed him that he would.

That was never apart of his origin and really helped create one of my biggest complaints about Tobey's Spiderman...them glossing over the fact that he's actually a genius.

Him having organic webbing and not having to create anything to become Spiderman helped to heavily downplay his intelligence...especially when you consider that they had no problem making him a seamstress able to sew together a complex suit like that :heh:

Web shooters > sewing machines.
not to mention it adds drama when his shooters run out or when they get damaged in the middle of a fight

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
I saw someone complaining about Vision kind of staying out of the fray til the end there like that was out of place but the truth is he knows how powerful he is. Anything he does is probably going to be game changing so kinda playing goalie (him stepping in front of that truck) rather than being on the front lines was his best bet. His struggle with his (synthetic) humanity made it all too easy for him to make a mistake once he was actually called to do something other than baby sit or be the voice of reason.

Him making such an effort to fit in with humans, from his style of dress to trying to cook/eat to him digging on Wanda is essential because without that attachment he is DANGEROUS...he's essentially Ultron. But those same emotions is what led him to his first bout with guilt.

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lex Luthor literally pissed in a bottle and gave it to someone

shyt was retarded - drop the equality bs :mjlol: the logic leaps in BvS were dumb at every level. Most of the people questioning Zemo either weren't paying attention or were let down because there wasn't some greater, iconic villain in play.

That was one of the best scenes in the movie. The tension in the that scene was greater than anything in CW also.

You talk about logic leaps. CW has plenty. BP just magically appears in a plane and follows iron man to bucky and cap.. The whole airport fight scene could have been ended if vision or iron man or someone just destroyed the plane cap and bucky wanted to use instead of fighting. I mean they were there first anyway. And why did vision just disappear during the first part of the airport fight?

Bucky was deflecting gun shots coming from multiple angles with his one metal arm too. talk about ridiculous. And black widow doesn't have super strength as far as I know so how is she even fighting hordes of solders. And why was spiderman even there again? see you can play this game and pick apart CW as well but whats the point?

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
See I did stay till the BP scene, but it was 2 am and i was hella hungry, my mind was on finding a gas station to get food.

This is like what, the 8th Marvel movie? If you don't know the drill by now then :camby:

I was seeing people leave the theater like :dahell:

My impatient ass nephews kept bothering me but I was like "If yall don't sit down and be quiet, there's another scene after all of this."

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I saw someone complaining about Vision kind of staying out of the fray til the end there like that was out of place but the truth is he knows how powerful he is. Anything he does is probably going to be game changing so kinda playing goalie (him stepping in front of that truck) rather than being on the front lines was his best bet. His struggle with his (synthetic) humanity made it all too easy for him to make a mistake once he was actually called to do something other than baby sit or be the voice of reason.

Him making such an effort to fit in with humans, from his style of dress to trying to cook/eat to him digging on Wanda is essential because without that attachment he is DANGEROUS...he's essentially Ultron. But those same emotions is what led him to his first bout with guilt.
They did a good job (maybe inadvertently) in tying in those humanistic elements that he tries to embrace in the current Vision comic run. He basically tries to psych himself (against his rooted sense of rational) into subscribing to the boring dikk and Jane aspects of life in suburbia, while justifying it all as some type of in depth case study for his AI.