Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Tony also neglects to realize the fact that literally everything that happened in Sokovia was all his fault. Not the rest of the Avengers but Tony Starks fault.
mudd3m.jpg

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
I think him being the guy to do it just speaks to Vision's point about their very existence calls for challenges. There will be cats who pop up out of the woodwork because of their very existence, and to have him be a guy who was effected by age of ultron (he took it worse than the audience apparently) be the one to take them out just speaks to that theme of escalation
That's an interesting perspective. However we do go from Loki to Hydra to Ultron to this guy as the challenge :skip:

I guess it makes his feat more impressive :manny:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
True.

And I LOVE Shuri. I'm really hoping that she gets a code name, if/when...Let her join the superhero community. Hell, put her on A-Force

Ehhhhhhhh, I'm iffy about the code name thing, only because--as of now--she really isn't into the superhero thing, which I really like. It's Wakanda and her people over everyone else. Plus, her title has "Princess" has a lot of weight, as well as a lot of diplomatic perks. And "Princess Shuri" flows well, kinda like "Prince Namor," imho.

With that said, I def agree, have her featured in A-Force. Give her "Wakandan reasons" to show up, and its all good. :obama:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
That's an interesting perspective. However we do go from Loki to Hydra to Ultron to this guy as the challenge :skip:

I guess it makes his feat more impressive :manny:

I think that's what he was getting at too. He said far more powerful men than he have tried to take them down but ultimately, they went about it the wrong way. You're not going to out box the avengers or a superhero. Loki is too arrogant and too petulant to think that way, Ultron is Tony's kid so he's too in his own way. Hydra, also too arrogant and too consumed with amassing power, to think that way. It took a guy who truly lost everything and had nothing to lose and completely self-aware in order to take them out. It's the same reason the joker was able to handle batman in the dark knight. He wasn't going to act like the mob because the mob thinks like the mob; anything they do is based in historical context and their traditional ways of dealing with "g-men" But Batman isn't a g-man, and the joker was the only guy to understand that

Last edited:

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
A review on another site brought up an interesting point I never realized.

"How is it that General Ross is calling all the shots, especially pointing the fingers at the destruction caused by the Avengers when he created the Abomination and that led to Harlem getting wrecked in the process. That single point completely, if still bitterly for some, vindicates, ultimately, Captain America's interests. It shows the circular nature of hypocrisy as regards power and oversight. Whose watching the watcher is a mortal conundrum."

Last edited:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Yeah. I just can't take the people going ON OMG OMG BEST SPIDER EVER FIRST TIME HE'S BEEN DONE RIGHT!!@@! serious.

They just seem caught up in the hype and over exaggerating. And refuse to acknowledge that Tobey and Andrew had some great qualities.

But maybe he is that good. I'll know soon enough
I think this Spider-Man was the most complete one that I have seen yet...Tobey Maguire's Spidey never had the wise-cracking aspect down like he should have and Garfield was just too emo for me.
Civil War Peter Parker was the nerdy, socially awkward egghead you would expect and was also the wise-cracking, snappy banter Spider-Man that he is supposed to be.
Truthfully Spider-Man and Ant-Man are the only characters in this movie who felt right doing the constant jokey joke shyt that Marvel over uses in all of their films.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I think this Spider-Man was the most complete one that I have seen yet...Tobey Maguire's Spidey never had the wise-cracking aspect down like he should have and Garfield was just too emo for me.
Civil War Peter Parker was the nerdy, socially awkward egghead you would expect and was also the wise-cracking, snappy banter Spider-Man that he is supposed to be.
Truthfully Spider-Man and Ant-Man are the only characters in this movie who felt right doing the constant jokey joke shyt that Marvel over uses in all of their films.

Feel the same way. I was glad they let Panther have his own voice too and not result to being a Bendis mouthpiece. I love Bendis but they took his trait and have just ran wild with it.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
i didnt say you didnt like the movie, dumbass :dahell:

i said you went in ready to nitpick because you didnt like how BvS got (rightfully) shytted on. when your post is "i loved the movie but" and you proceed to go on for three paragraphs including laughing smileys, everyone knows whats up. but everyone knew a select few were going to go in bitter because 1) BvS was underwhelming and 2) Marvel continues to do both well critically and financially and for some reason some of yall dont like that, so this was not unexpected.
[/QUOTE]

I'm not fukking bitter about anything dumbass . You don't how the fukk I went in the movie feeling.

My 3 paragraphs included things that I liked and things I didn't like,but of course to a stans perspective you think I'm bitter:mjlol:

Who the fukk doesn't like that Marvel is doing well critically and financially:what:

Nikka just making shyt up over some damn movie companies

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
BvS? :mjlol:

And you thought it ended on a bitter note? In the comic there were hero fatalities, Cap was in police custody at the end and then shot dead...Are people not real comic fans in here?:dwillhuh:

Trust me, it's like they didn't even try to escape from authority.

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh, you completely missed the point. What I'm saying is these plot holes are so small that you all should just shutup about them. I understand this is where nikkas can discuss the movie but all of yall are legit bickering like lil hoes over insignificant shyt. Like Cmon it's a superhero movie. There's no place for logic to exist.

Just like the BvS threads. Yall nitpicked the hell out of that movie. Every irrelevant and insignificant little detail. Folks were really complaining about stuff like lex having logos on the computer for the justice league and writing essays about it as if it had anything to do with the overall movie.. CW had a million plot holes and did everything yall complained about in BvS. The villian was just like Lex in how he luckily manipulated them to fight each other. Both required some leaps of logic to get to that point. I didn't have an issue with it in BvS and I don't have a problem with it in this film cause I go to movies to enjoy them.

Koapa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Arlington, Tx.
I hate to compare the two universe but Capt 3 shyts all over BVS.

That intro fight scene :ooh:

That apartment fight scene:whew:

That airport fight scene :gladbron:

Tony realizing who really killed his :demonic:

The final fight scene :damn:

I fukking enjoyed this movie. I really like how they captured all of supporting characters in the film. Falcon and Ant-Man were great supporting characters. I really need to rewatch Ant-Man.

I can't wait for the Black Panther movie. Captain America may get a better shield since he gave it back to Tony.