Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Zemo's motivation was clear but his plan was a lot of coincidences just like Lex in BvS.

That's how I felt. His plan was clear, his reasons were understandable but yeah, much like joker and Silva, him carrying it out is built on coincidence. If ONE thing goes differently, then his plan doesn't work.

But I gotta say, I loved him as a villain because he did win

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
I said I liked the movie you fukking stannin ass nikka. I liked it better than BvS. Foh:what::camby:

Stans are so fukking annoying man. Zemo was another bad villain for Marvel in a good movie.

The Russos have even addressed that Infinity War will make up for the bad villains.
i didnt say you didnt like the movie, dumbass :dahell:

i said you went in ready to nitpick because you didnt like how BvS got (rightfully) shytted on. when your post is "i loved the movie but" and you proceed to go on for three paragraphs including laughing smileys, everyone knows whats up. but everyone knew a select few were going to go in bitter because 1) BvS was underwhelming and 2) Marvel continues to do both well critically and financially and for some reason some of yall dont like that, so this was not unexpected.

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Besides the opening scene the first half of the movie was a snooze fest

Actually there's only 4 parts to this movie...

1. Opening fight scene
2. Cap and Bucky fight the Russian soldiers and black panther comes in
3. Airport fight scene
4. Iron vs cap fight

That's 30 mins total right there and the rest of the 2 hours was buns

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
He's just another guy trying to come off objective but really went in to the movie ready to nitpick because BvS was shyt. It's very see through. When the majority of your posts are it was great but (three paragraphs of text) it's very clear.

This is funny coming from you :mjlol:

But carry on.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps

1. Opening fight scene
3. Airport fight scene
4. Iron vs cap fight

I wouldn't call it a snooze fest. I was interested in the non action part just some of it had me like:patrice:

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
This is funny coming from you :mjlol:

But carry on.
Right after he distinctly said it wasn't shyt but since he's a Stan....:francis:

Anyway like I said this movie is better than BvS it's just not anywhere close to being the goat MCU flick and it damn sure ain't the goat CBM:yeshrug:

SanchoPanda

I will take what is mine
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Best scenes to me in civil war were spiderman and black panther. We've pretty much seen everything else.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I wouldn't call it a snooze fest. I was interested in the non action part just some of it had me like:patrice:
I agree with RedLetterMedia

When the movie is just a Captain America movie....it seems like we're in for a classic. Once it becomes Avengers Age of Ultron (especially Airport scene) it just seems like a different movie.

But again, I don't blame the Russo's. You could just tell when there was studio interference. They did a much better job of handling it than Whedon did.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Such an amazing intro of him in the suit..

however, the airport scene he was kinda :patrice: status for me.

Not cause he did something wrong. Just his character seemed outta place (which I guess makes sense cause he's the only one trying to kill somebody)

All these jokers and then there's Panther like :ld::stopitslime:

Panther was in the cut fighting these dudes like "Ya'll muthafukkas think this is a game. He killed my father :damn:" :dead:

1. Opening fight scene
3. Airport fight scene
4. Iron vs cap fight

This movie dragged A LOT. I feel like I was just tired as fukk so maybe I need to watch it again to fully enjoy it. But idk, it didn't flow much at all for me :ld:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Panther was in the cut fighting these dudes like "Ya'll muthafukkas think this is a game. He killed my father :damn:" :dead:

I

I mean for real :dahell:

The stakes could have been much higher if

Somehow Tony saw the video right before they went to the Airport

Instead everybody was just having fun out there :heh:

It was cool to see....just seemed different from most of the movie.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
I agree with RedLetterMedia

When the movie is just a Captain America movie....it seems like we're in for a classic. Once it becomes Avengers Age of Ultron (especially Airport scene) it just seems like a different movie.

But again, I don't blame the Russo's. You could just tell when there was studio interference. They did a much better job of handling it than Whedon did.
Right. Plus the Russos address the villain thing. I'll post the article later

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Pretty sure Marvel's dominance comes from making their characters more human and relatable breh, Spider-Man in particular.

You misunderstood me. I'm talking about the look and feel of the movie.

This quote I found in a review for Civil War really stood out to me:

"The sad middle-aged dudes who cling so desperately to these films require constant reassurances that they're not just fun stories for children in which men wear tights."

CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR

^ Hate to say it's but I believe he's 100% right. It's gotten too far. It goes beyond just the stories even. They change the costumes, they suck out the colors, they try and give "real world" explanations for things that don't require them... it's gotten ridiculous. God forbid we offend the smart people who bought a ticket to see boy with radioactive spider powers fight man with octopus arms. And yea Rhino needs to be a guy operating a machine because it would be SO STUPID if he were just a guy that looked like a rhino.

I think everyone needs to get over themselves.