Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
This. I should've made that clear. We know his motives but I just don't see how THAT GUY is the one who accomplishes this massive feat. What was his background?
Edit: wrong person breh my bad

But Zemo background was shown when Stark pulled it up on his way to Russia which I feel worked well but just a little too impromptu. I get why they did that though since it's was like a mission briefing and pkus Black Panther sitting down with Zemo gave us a better look on who Zemo is as a character and why he did all this which was heartfelt :mjcry:

Last edited:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
That's how I felt. His plan was clear, his reasons were understandable but yeah, much like joker and Silva, him carrying it out is built on coincidence. If ONE thing goes differently, then his plan doesn't work.

But I gotta say, I loved him as a villain because he did win

I think I liked the actor more than the character.

Bruhl wasn't given a lot to work with. He just played it really well.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Okay here's how I feel after seeing it twice. Very dope flick that does a lot of things right. Now of course, Spidey being in it and being so dope in it is going to sway me in a big way, I'm not going to front about that and that's also obvious as hell. But even divorcing myself from that, there's still a lot to love in this movie. My favorite scene isn't the airport scene but the one with Tony and Steve in the briefing room in Berlin. All of the underlying beef between them that's been brewing for years and the current beef. It shows the best thing about the movie which is that each side is clearly illustrated and understandable. Yeah there's good action, mostly good dialogue, but the heart of the movie is this conflict between sides and that's why the movie is a home run. Doesn't mean it's the greatest of all time, doesn't even mean it's the greatest marvel flick, but it's still a great flick.

Zemo is a dope villain. His motives are clear, his actions are precise, and as he said, he's patient and has experience so he can do anything. I'm sure that doesn't mean he can fly if he wanted to or stop a bullet with his hands or turn invisible, but I get his point. He does what I love for any villain to do, which is to challenge the heroes, force them to ask questions about themselves, and provide whatever is necessary to push them over the edge. He succeeds, period.

BP is dope as hell and I can't wait for his movie. Again, a clearly defined character with a set of goals who echoes the theme of guilt which is so strong in the movie. Everyone's dealing with guilt or with death; sometimes the dialogue is too on the damn nose with it, other times it's more subtle but i feel like BP's arc carries it out the best.

I'd argue that the stakes of this movie are the highest in any marvel movie because it has actual consequences and looks like something they can't come back from. Obviously we've all seen movies and read comic books before, so we know that they will, but the fun comes in seeing how they put it back together. I can't wait to see that.

Oh also, Spidey was dope as hell and the best part of the movie. Cannot wait to see homecoming next summer possibly at midnight, possibly rocking spider man socks, a t shirt, and a hat. That's right, I said it.

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
It was pretty clear man yaw just gotta pay attention cause Zemo even said it.

In winter soldier Natasha released ALL of Hydras secrets on the web and Zemo found out about it that way. Part of Hydras secrets was also the winter soldier initiative so Zemo did some sleuthing and found dude who was apart of it, the guy who he drowned in the sink, and carried his olot thru. You seen the book with the trigger words that makes Bucky go ape shyt and all secrets about the soviets and Hydras plans which was key and the reason why he kept it too

I don't think Zemos plan was carried by luck it was all Very carefully put together and made sure he had everything set in place and the Sokovia accords was what jump started his plan

This movie seemed moreso for people to watch the other movies so they know wtf is going on and know why Zemos plot was intricate and well put together. Winter soldier had all the necessary details to make this happen

It's like if I were to go watch a Hunger Games movies to me it would maybe be good but I'll complain about the plot or villain cause I only seen the first movie so imma be lost as fukk

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
It was pretty clear man yaw just gotta pay attention cause Zemo even said it.

In winter soldier Natasha released ALL of Hydras secrets on the web and Zemo found out about it that way. Part of Hydras secrets was also the winter soldier initiative so Zemo did some sleuthing and found dude who was apart of it, the guy who he drowned in the sink, and carried his olot thru. You seen the book with the trigger words that makes Bucky go ape shyt and all secrets about the soviets and Hydras plans which was key and the reason why he kept it too

I don't think Zemos plan was carried by luck it was all Very carefully put together and made sure he had everything set in place and the Sokovia accords was what jump started his plan

This movie seemed moreso for people to watch the other movies so they know wtf is going on and know why Zemos plot was intricate and well put together. Winter soldier had all the necessary details to make this happen

It's like if I were to go watch a Hunger Games movies to me it would maybe be good but I'll complain about the plot or villain cause I only seen the first movie so imma be lost as fukk
I get that bruh. I get how he did it. I get why he did it(even though that wasn't clear until the end)

I just not buying this guy to do it. This is a character we've never seen before. He has no powers of manipulation like Loki , yet does what he does.

If we saw Zemo in TWS as a part of hydra and this was about finishing the job it would work better for me

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I know she assumed the mantle of Black Panther for a bit (I'm one of the few Shuri fans on Earth lol). But outside of that, she's known as Princess Shuri. The super hero shyt is not her thing really so she doesn't rock with a code name, official titles aside.

True.

And I LOVE Shuri. I'm really hoping that she gets a code name, if/when...Let her join the superhero community. Hell, put her on A-Force

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
Okay here's how I feel after seeing it twice. Very dope flick that does a lot of things right. Now of course, Spidey being in it and being so dope in it is going to sway me in a big way, I'm not going to front about that and that's also obvious as hell. But even divorcing myself from that, there's still a lot to love in this movie. My favorite scene isn't the airport scene but the one with Tony and Steve in the briefing room in Berlin. All of the underlying beef between them that's been brewing for years and the current beef. It shows the best thing about the movie which is that each side is clearly illustrated and understandable. Yeah there's good action, mostly good dialogue, but the heart of the movie is this conflict between sides and that's why the movie is a home run. Doesn't mean it's the greatest of all time, doesn't even mean it's the greatest marvel flick, but it's still a great flick.

Zemo is a dope villain. His motives are clear, his actions are precise, and as he said, he's patient and has experience so he can do anything. I'm sure that doesn't mean he can fly if he wanted to or stop a bullet with his hands or turn invisible, but I get his point. He does what I love for any villain to do, which is to challenge the heroes, force them to ask questions about themselves, and provide whatever is necessary to push them over the edge. He succeeds, period.

BP is dope as hell and I can't wait for his movie. Again, a clearly defined character with a set of goals who echoes the theme of guilt which is so strong in the movie. Everyone's dealing with guilt or with death; sometimes the dialogue is too on the damn nose with it, other times it's more subtle but i feel like BP's arc carries it out the best.

I'd argue that the stakes of this movie are the highest in any marvel movie because it has actual consequences and looks like something they can't come back from. Obviously we've all seen movies and read comic books before, so we know that they will, but the fun comes in seeing how they put it back together. I can't wait to see that.

Oh also, Spidey was dope as hell and the best part of the movie. Cannot wait to see homecoming next summer possibly at midnight, possibly rocking spider man socks, a t shirt, and a hat. That's right, I said it.
Took the words right out of my mouth

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Man... I'm missing something shyt here...

1. For those saying BvS was better is there like a director's cut or a completely different movie out from the theatrical version?

2. For those who are saying the villain was underwhelming, I think that was point, it made you focus more on the tear between the avengers.

3. I'm not putting BW and Hawkeye on Batman's level but if Batman (a normal human being) can go toe to toe against Superman's villains and others of the like, why can't Rominoff and Barton hang with the villains and heroes in the Marvel universe? It's not like there beating these people by themselves, they know their roles, they're not the stars on the team but they compliment them nicely.
Anyone knows anything about the Black Panther, he actually IS on Batman's level. Without question. He outsmarted Reed and all kind of motherfukk3rs...he's no one to fukk around with. He's not gonna beat Sinister, Apocalypse, or Magneto but he's gonna have a chance to survive because he's brilliant though.

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
I get that bruh. I get how he did it. I get why he did it(even though that wasn't clear until the end)

I just not buying this guy to do it. This is a character we've never seen before. He has no powers of manipulation like Loki , yet does what he does.

If we saw Zemo in TWS as a part of hydra and this was about finishing the job it would work better for me
Words and what you can offer to someone are a great way to achieve manipulation. Look at the joker for instance, yeah he's a maniacmaniac, but relies on how he can sway someone. With that said, I get you. To me Zemo got around by manipulation, crashing hjs car into dudes house was a prime example. Zemo is a prime villain to Cap, and in some cases Panther which is why I guess they chose him since Red Skull is gone and doesn't really fit that kinda situation anyway

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Man... I'm missing something shyt here...

1. For those saying BvS was better is there like a director's cut or a completely different movie out from the theatrical version?

2. For those who are saying the villain was underwhelming, I think that was point, it made you focus more on the tear between the avengers.

3. I'm not putting BW and Hawkeye on Batman's level but if Batman (a normal human being) can go toe to toe against Superman's villains and others of the like, why can't Rominoff and Barton hang with the villains and heroes in the Marvel universe? It's not like there beating these people by themselves, they know their roles, they're not the stars on the team but they compliment them nicely.
Its amazing how many people don't get that.

The movie is called Civil War, not Zemo's Revenge :mjlol:

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
How can anyone prop up Lex to shyt on Zemo?

Luthor had like 5 different motivations for wanting Superman gone and numerous plot ties that had nothing to do with anything. Plus all the information he knows that's never explained, and creating a super monster when it makes no sense for the story or the character.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

I think him being the guy to do it just speaks to Vision's point about their very existence calls for challenges. There will be cats who pop up out of the woodwork because of their very existence, and to have him be a guy who was effected by age of ultron (he took it worse than the audience apparently) be the one to take them out just speaks to that theme of escalation