Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

Breh Obama

First Breh President. Coli Prophet.
Daps
Reppin
Leader of the righteous Brehs!
Brehs this was the first time that Cap and Bucky were actually able to have legit conversations. Tony asked Bucky at the end if he remembered what he did and he said he remembered everything. Don't you all think that Bucky would have explained this to Cap in the plane on the way to Siberia? I swear it's not that complex people. Yall nikkas really argue over logistics in a movie where nikkas can grow giant and have spider powers and shyt? Yall are idiots.

Breh Obama

Daps
Reppin
I would like to hear opinions on whether y'all think Tony's entire argument for the Accords ultimately falls apart at the end. There's a lot of hypocrisy in the fact that he broke the Accord agreement to go off by himself and get answers about the threat of five super soldiers? I mean he did askRoss to follow up but when Ross shut him down he goes off and does his own thing anyway.

It makes me wonder if Tony's argument was born out of sincere belief or guilt for that dead MIT student.

But now I'm wondering if the Accords really don't work, what kind of measures should be in place to protect civilians and hold Avengers accountable or their actions?
That's what Cap said earlier. What if there's somewhere we need to be and they don't let us go

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You sure you want to go into that debate?:jawalrus:

But seriously, you never have to think or connect any dots in his movies because he over-explains everything going on. They're only complicated because Nolan tries to make it sound all complicated when he even exaggerates the simplest motivations into a long-winded dialog.

You're nitpicking about what you want to happen but that doesn't mean that there's anything wrong with how it went down in the movie. Nah, it's not perfect but it's all there.

Not so much nitpicking if it's all there but done ineffectively due to a poorly written screenplay. Again... for them to FORCING that scene at the end instead of having it as the premise of the Civil War is why the overall movie is a waste. They written it to where Tony realized the truth go out there to HELP Rogers and Bucky to capture Zemo.... and only by this RIDICULOUS presumption by Zemo that he KNEW Stark will be there that we have that final fight.... This isn't complicated, it just terrible writing.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brehs this was the first time that Cap and Bucky were actually able to have legit conversations. Tony asked Bucky at the end if he remembered what he did and he said he remembered everything. Don't you all think that Bucky would have explained this to Cap in the plane on the way to Siberia? I swear it's not that complex people. Yall nikkas really argue over logistics in a movie where nikkas can grow giant and have spider powers and shyt? Yall are idiots.

Explain how Zemo knew Stark going to be in Siberia... since you want to play "fill in the plot holes"....

Breh Obama

Daps
Reppin
Explain how Zemo knew Stark going to be in Siberia... since you want to play "fill in the plot holes"....
Breh, you completely missed the point. What I'm saying is these plot holes are so small that you all should just shutup about them. I understand this is where nikkas can discuss the movie but all of yall are legit bickering like lil hoes over insignificant shyt. Like Cmon it's a superhero movie. There's no place for logic to exist.

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
:russ: I posted on twitter; these dudes look in like they skipped leg day

Bunch a big shoulders k chest and underdeveloped calves

You sound like johnny drama breh...really? Calves?? :pachaha:

tumblr_m2hvmv0bcG1qg49goo1_500.jpg

illwittdeez

aka Breh Wyatt
Daps
Reppin
Da Yo 330, Ohio
Man... I'm missing something shyt here...

1. For those saying BvS was better is there like a director's cut or a completely different movie out from the theatrical version?

2. For those who are saying the villain was underwhelming, I think that was point, it made you focus more on the tear between the avengers.

3. I'm not putting BW and Hawkeye on Batman's level but if Batman (a normal human being) can go toe to toe against Superman's villains and others of the like, why can't Rominoff and Barton hang with the villains and heroes in the Marvel universe? It's not like there beating these people by themselves, they know their roles, they're not the stars on the team but they compliment them nicely.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I feel like people are being caught in the hype just like the force awakens. Like the TFA this is a good movie nothing more and I think time will prove this. The story is solid but really lacking.

People shytting on Luthor's motivations while saying they liked Zemo in this:dead::dead::deadrose::deadrose::deadmanny::deadmanny:

And make no mistake I'm not caping for Lex in BvS, but there some fukking huge double standards going on right now.

The action is completely overshaddowing a C,C+ story it seems.

And like who the fukk is Zemo? Like oh I'm just some guy. The Avengers pissed me off so yeah:pachaha:

exactly movie is a very nice movie but a classic?

:heh:

it wasn't even a civil war

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
I feel like people are being caught in the hype just like the force awakens. Like the TFA this is a good movie nothing more and I think time will prove this. The story is solid but really lacking.

People shytting on Luthor's motivations while saying they liked Zemo in this:dead::dead::deadrose::deadrose::deadmanny::deadmanny:

And make no mistake I'm not caping for Lex in BvS, but there some fukking huge double standards going on right now.

The action is completely overshaddowing a C,C+ story it seems.

And like who the fukk is Zemo? Like oh I'm just some guy. The Avengers pissed me off so yeah:pachaha:
Zemo's motivation was clear but his plan was a lot of coincidences just like Lex in BvS.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
Some of the action was surprisingly choppy and mediocre, which is weird since some of the action is next level. I really didn't like the editing of the opening scene or the one in the lobby. Some good moments but between shaky cam, choppy editing, and just some unconvincing stuntwork, it lacked some of the finesse of Winter Solider.
Widows fight scenes were shaky as fukk. BP CGI was terrible at times. They're also pushing the limits of what Cap/Bucky can do. They can jump off a building a few stories but the guy in vibranium has to use his claws to slide down.