Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
i think it's classless and irresponsible tbh. :manny:

and yea you're right i'm definitely more old fashioned. i don't very much like the fact that these movie continue to strive for more and more realism. these movies should be over the top imo.

you did not fall in love with these characters because of how real they seemed.

Pretty sure Marvel's dominance comes from making their characters more human and relatable breh, Spider-Man in particular.

So if this makes less than a billion is it a disappointment and a flop? :jbhmm:

I see the predictions were off and it ain't touching 200 million :jbhmm:

Made less than bvs in its first day :jbhmm:

If it doesn't touch a billion that's definitely going to be seen as a disappointment considering it's "half" an Avengers movie.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
random question yall..

what makes a regular kung fu movie better in martial arts than civil war and winter soldier?

imo the acrobatic and athletic armed forces fighting style trumps alot of these current martial arts movies and the cap vs tony scene was what convinced me since they used less editing between blows.

i aint saying Marvel is better than crouching tiger and Ip man joints :whoa:

but yaw can get the entire fukk outta here thinking John fukking Wick is better than Steve Rogers :dahell:

Funny how you walk right into that one because John Wick director Chad Stahelski was the 2nd unit director on this movie, which means he was very likely heavily involved in the direction of the action scenes (at least the non-CGI action scenes like the opening and the Bucky/Cap Berlin break out fight).

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
I'd like to say that Zola's scene in CA:TWS was one of my favorites. I think that was also a sly way of saying

Hes%20watching%20you%282%29.jpg

Manuel Hot Pepper Lopez

cac this, cac that, c00n this c00n that
Daps
Reppin
-------------------------
If I could sum up the movie with one quote, then it would be this:

"HOLY shyt!!!" - Spiderman
Agreed
This joint is the GOAT off one viewing to me. Good balance of action/conflict/sillyness.
I see some criticism of the underwhelming villain... There WAS NO VILLAIN AT ALL in the comic version, the villains are the heroes depending on which side you thought was right.

The biggest complaint I can make about the movie is Aunt May being hot and hit on by Stark :yeshrug:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
CW ended in a bitter tone. All of Team Cap locked up, Cap gave up his shield, and no clear answer on what to do with Zemo. At the end of his trilogy, none the less.

It ain't as good as Winter Soldier and not as good as BvS, IMO.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Good movie. 8//10. Not even close to TWS or TDK. People calling this a masterpiece:rudy:

- Tony is right

-This didn't become a "war" until the very last fight. People calling this an emotional roller coaster need to fukking stop:aicmon:

-2nd best CBM of the year behind Deadpool

- Action was fantastic.

-Air port scene was great but the greatest action sequence ever:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:....... Uh no

-Superhyped for Spider Man and BP.

-Pumped for Ant-man. I liked the first one better than GotG and after seeing this I can't wait for more.

-Loved BP until that last scene with Zemo. I'll address tomorrow.

Black Widow during big fight "I told you I'd.............................":camby:

Get the fukk out of here with Zemo and his motivations.:camby:

Going to bed so I 'll address this tomorrow. This movie is without question getting away with stuff that a certain other movie did not.

Again, really good movie but somethings didn't make any fukking sense. Major plotholes maybe y'all can explain tomorrow.

I think I'm inline with you. Movie was great but I felt it had a lot of the same problems BvS had. Don't get me wrong this movie was better but it had spider goat and a (great) black super hero.

I wasnt disappointed with it but it didn't quite blow me away like TWS or TDK. Might have been because of the lack luster villian. :jbhmm:

I really thought Zemo was about that life and was Finna do BIG things (I mean in a way he does with the final outcome) but still. I was excited at the prospect of
an army of winter soldiers more deadly than the og winter soldier.

Or maybe it's just the fact I didn't see those coming. I fell asleep during the first CA movie and didn't really care for batman begins. :yeshrug:

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Agreed
This joint is the GOAT off one viewing to me. Good balance of action/conflict/sillyness.
I see some criticism of the underwhelming villain... There WAS NO VILLAIN AT ALL in the comic version, the villains are the heroes depending on which side you thought was right.

The biggest complaint I can make about the movie is Aunt May being hot and hit on by Stark :yeshrug:

Aunt May and Tony go way back...

MV5BMjIyMjAxOTc2Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTMxNzkyNA@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

Right @Ironman ? :mjpls:

Manuel Hot Pepper Lopez

cac this, cac that, c00n this c00n that
Daps
Reppin
-------------------------
CW ended in a bitter tone. All of Team Cap locked up, Cap gave up his shield, and no clear answer on what to do with Zemo. At the end of his trilogy, none the less.

It ain't as good as Winter Soldier and not as good as BvS, IMO.
BvS? :mjlol:

And you thought it ended on a bitter note? In the comic there were hero fatalities, Cap was in police custody at the end and then shot dead...Are people not real comic fans in here?:dwillhuh:

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
:russ: I posted on twitter; these dudes look in like they skipped leg day

Bunch a big shoulders k chest and underdeveloped calves

Oh., as for Bucky

Dude was a dope character but I understand wanting to kill him

Hell, when dogs go rabies I still gotta put 'em down, but they made the rite decision at the end

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
I would like to hear opinions on whether y'all think Tony's entire argument for the Accords ultimately falls apart at the end. There's a lot of hypocrisy in the fact that he broke the Accord agreement to go off by himself and get answers about the threat of five super soldiers? I mean he did askRoss to follow up but when Ross shut him down he goes off and does his own thing anyway.

It makes me wonder if Tony's argument was born out of sincere belief or guilt for that dead MIT student.

But now I'm wondering if the Accords really don't work, what kind of measures should be in place to protect civilians and hold Avengers accountable or their actions?