Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@gluvnast doesn't understand the difference between Cap knowing that Bucky killed Tony's parents, and Cap knowing there existed footage of this. Cap might not have known that a tape existed but he had known since The Winter Soldier that Hydra was behind the death of Tony's parents. After Cap and Falcon get a hold of Bucky, Cap asks him what Zemo wanted to know, which were the details of his mission killing Tony's parents. If you can't fill in the gaps from there (Bucky tells Cap and thus Cap knows), then sorry breh, you might wanna stick to watching Christopher Nolan movies were every plot detail is being explained to you in a five minute speech.

Even though I forgotten the scene where Rogers learned that Tony's father's death wasn't an accident..... if he would of assumed it was from HYDRA... then it would of been more of a reason to TELL HIM. I understood slightly because it knew explicitly that it was Bucky... but even with that, knowing how Rogers when it comes to telling the truth, and having honor and duty that he would of long told Tony about it and explained why. The fact that he didn't and they used this at the end to force one final battle rubbed me the wrong way... This should of been AT LEAST something that be the catalyst of the entire film.

It was poorly written.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
My girl was droppin wild gems earlier with this Avenger shyt
Basically how to keep the shyt moving and stay fresh
I agree with her though when she said she wish Pym was the Ant-Man insteada Lang and then bring Lang in later
shyt woulda made the Ant-Man shyt more poppin as it moved along

Also Annilihus gotta get up in there at some point
With Kang the Conqueror

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
??

No one in the movie knew BP outside of this film - where he's on a mission to kill Cap's best friend from the jump, same dude that he spent half of the last movie trying to keep alive - so why would it make sense for BW to just step aside for a guy she just met?
Maybe cause TWS has tried to kill her a bunch of times

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No.

cmon man, he gave iron man that info because he thought cap was outgunned, because he felt half responsible for war machine getting rekt, and because tony came correct by confirming that cap was right about zemo's move to activate the other super soldiers.

stark was blowing off dude regardless, the only reason he was on the side of signing the accord was to appease the world. he was always about moving the line back AFTER signing - so of course he gave two shyts about Ross? Especially considering how he had his girl Wanda wrapped up just like she was before Avengers 2.

Cap is gonna Cap. Dude offered the olive branch with that voice mail - that's all. shyt's still fukked. Tony is the reason half of them were in jail lol

He literally explains how he fukked up by not telling Tony in the movie :dead:Dude says flat out that he thought he was doing Tony a favor - and with Caps misguided sense of always knowing what's best, its perfectly within his character

That sappy voicemail after the fact is inexcusable... you cannot suddenly correct it AFTERWARDS with a simple voicemail just moments after fighting to the death. As I said before, I RATHER it did get torn apart in spite of how they simply forced that last part into the film just to have that final battle. But then to turn later via voicemail to say, "my bad... I should of told you in the 1st place"??? This is stuff that just make me feel :shaq2:....

Either it be something that Rogers TOLD Stark from the beginning or something that Stark finds out and Rogers not knowing that it was Bucky.... and thus sparking a Civil War... since it was all over Bucky ANYWAY. To go through all of that, and Stark realizing that Bucky been a pawn the entire time... then suddenly out of the blue out of MERE COINCIDENCE that Stark will show up in Siberia, Zemo put Bucky on the summerjam screen... and all hell breaks loose.... ONLY for all being forgiven in the end by a voicemail.

You maybe cool with that. I can't.

Ben.

Heisenbrook
Daps
Reppin
Orlando, FL
Only really bad thing about this movie I noticed is how badly Ironman was CGI'd in at the airport scene while he was talking to Spiderman in the beginning (Idk if that's just cuz it was in Imax). Also the underdeveloped and underwhelming villain. His motivation and strategy was there but everything else. Nah

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
That sappy voicemail after the fact is inexcusable... you cannot suddenly correct it AFTERWARDS with a simple voicemail just moments after fighting to the death. As I said before, I RATHER it did get torn apart in spite of how they simply forced that last part into the film just to have that final battle. But then to turn later via voicemail to say, "my bad... I should of told you in the 1st place"??? This is stuff that just make me feel :shaq2:....

Either it be something that Rogers TOLD Stark from the beginning or something that Stark finds out and Rogers not knowing that it was Bucky.... and thus sparking a Civil War... since it was all over Bucky ANYWAY. To go through all of that, and Stark realizing that Bucky been a pawn the entire time... then suddenly out of the blue out of MERE COINCIDENCE that Stark will show up in Siberia, Zemo put Bucky on the summerjam screen... and all hell breaks loose.... ONLY for all being forgiven in the end by a voicemail.

So Cap isn't the type to apologize now :skip: and if things were REALLY all good then Cap doesn't go all the way to Wakanda to get help for Bucky. Dude sends him a trap phone and doesn't say shyt about the jail break or where anyone currently is lmao. Cmon man. Nobody aside from maybe Vision fukks with Stark right now. Even Parker realizes he's blackmailing him while :shaq: on his aunt. Even War Machine is becoming indifferent, talking about duty to the mission and NOT some "you were always my guy, Tony" like in the previous Iron Man films. I don't understand how you can completely miss the tonal shift. Stark left those guys in jail, everybody saw that. Cap broke em out. Considering Stark built the Avengers tower and compound, its definitely not back to how it used to be. Nowhere close.

I think you're trying to make a movie how you want it instead of breaking down what it actually is.

I mean yeah, the movie could've gone a couple of ways. I would've personally like to see the sides flipped entirely. Stark should've been anti-accord imo - he should've played the tape of the US Gov ready to nuke New York before the Avengers showed up :mjlol: Cap should've been down to help ease the hearts of the people by signing the accord. But that's not the movie I watched.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Some of the action was surprisingly choppy and mediocre, which is weird since some of the action is next level. I really didn't like the editing of the opening scene or the one in the lobby. Some good moments but between shaky cam, choppy editing, and just some unconvincing stuntwork, it lacked some of the finesse of Winter Solider.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps

Stark aint forgive Bucky, Cap aint got his Shield back, and wanda and the rest of team cap are still fugitives, the band broke up

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
Yup. Even before Steve asked about the mission, when he found out about Hydra's involvement in Howard Stark's death, Bucky was literally shown on the screen as a top assassin a second before the "accidents happen" part showed Howard's dead body. That fits amazingly with Steve's reaction when he was asked by Tony if he knew. He first says he didn't know it was Buck, because he only knew it was implied by Zola that it was Buck, but when pressed by Tony, he had to come clean and stop hiding behind the fact that it was implied. He knew from the point of that video that his friend was the one that completted the hit, and from that point on he hid his knowledge from Tony. Steve would have gotten official confirmation once he and Sam asked Bucky about the mission from that night. It's pretty cool how strong it all matches up. Impressive long term storytelling that doesn't hold your hand.

0:25

Basically the same exact thing I was trying to explain to people in this thread earlier. :mindblown:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
My girl was droppin wild gems earlier with this Avenger shyt
Basically how to keep the shyt moving and stay fresh
I agree with her though when she said she wish Pym was the Ant-Man insteada Lang and then bring Lang in later
shyt woulda made the Ant-Man shyt more poppin as it moved along

Also Annilihus gotta get up in there at some point
With Kang the Conqueror

Annilihus and Kang are with Fox :mjcry: