Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

Daps
Luther's motives made NO sense :mindblown:.

Zemo's was quite clear...his family died during the final battle in Age Of Ultron and blamed the Avengers for it. He knew he couldn't beat the Avengers head on..so he made a plan to have them turn on each other.

It's not rocket scientist breh..

Anyone who thinks Luther was a better villain than Zemo is retarded. He's probably the second best villain in the MCU behind Loki. Hell he's the only one that actually wins. Funny thing is Michael Shannon's Zod was far superior to Luther. It's not even close... Hell Zod's second in command was superior to Luther. She didn't even get enough screen time in MOS imo. Luther was a dogshyt villain.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi

Zemo's was quite clear...his family died during the final battle in Age Of Ultron and blamed the Avengers for it. He knew he couldn't beat the Avengers head on..so he made a plan to have them turn on each other.

He's just another guy trying to come off objective but really went in to the movie ready to nitpick because BvS was shyt. It's very see through. When the majority of your posts are it was great but (three paragraphs of text) it's very clear.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps

They both were bad. fukk out of here. His intentions may have been clear but he shouldn't have been able to do it. That makes no fukking sense.:what:

Zemo should not have been able to accomplish all this. He shouldn't have been in this to be honest.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Zemo would of have control just like he was able to brainwash Winter Soldier again. Also, again.... it is stupid to so-called kill yourself after an assumption of dividing the Avengers when the Avengers were already divided by the Registration Act. Which again he should of JUST sent the tape at the beginning to Stark.... it made the stakes for the entire film more impactful. The fact that he somehow KNEW that Stark will show up in Siberia is terrible writing because there's no rhyme or reason for it...or anything else regarding this film.

If anything, it should of been about Zemo sending the tape to Stark.... Zemo then brainwashing Winter Soldier...and THEN the Civil War to include the airport scene making everything at stake FOR REAL rather than the last ten minutes of the movie wasting our time the whole other 2hrs of the film of mostly filler scenes.

I do think the plot would've been more interesting if the Stark/Bucky reveal happened in Act 1 so the rest of the movie is Tony and Cap fighting over it, but that's besides the point.

You say the Avengers were already divided, but there's a difference between being divided and being torn apart. The disagreement over the Sokovia Accords wasn't enough to break them up, it had to become personal and that's what Zemo achieved.

And Zemo didn't get the tape until he got to the base, at which point he was already drawing in Steve and Bucky. Yeah, some of the shyt that follows is plot convenience but there's nothing in the movie that suggests he wouldn't have sent the tape to Stark regardless. What do you think, that Zemo was just gonna chill in that bunker until someone finally decides to show up? You gotta think further than that.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
He's just another guy trying to find off objective but really went in to the movie ready to nitpick because BvS was shyt. It's very see through. When the majority of your posts are it was great but (there paragraphs of text) it's very clear.
I said I liked the movie you fukking stannin ass nikka. I liked it better than BvS. Foh:what::camby:

Stans are so fukking annoying man. Zemo was another bad villain for Marvel in a good movie.

The Russos have even addressed that Infinity War will make up for the bad villains.

Daps
Reppin
St louis
183 million domestic.....already
:sas2:

wat6rr.jpg

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Tell me one part of CIVIL WAR where it was remotely implied that Captain America knew about the VHS tape? OR that he knew about Bucky killing Stark's parents? There is none... don't use a WEAK example from a film between several MCU films to include an Avengers film. Something THAT significant should of been foreshadowed or implied in THIS movie.... there was nothing hinting Rogers knowing this important information... and yet for all that time and the number of years that had passed... going against everything that he himself stood for...he kept it in secrecy... the very thing he chastised Nick Fury for. It is BS... it was a forced written plot device to find an EXCUSE for one final battle.... nothing more.
Looks like this announcement from the Russos was for you.

Captain America: Civil War Directors: MCU Won’t Cater To First-Timers Anymore
“We had to make a decision early that we were OK losing virgin audience member. If you don’t know some of these movies before you walk in you might be lost, but hopefully you’ll still be entertained. We can’t do a ‘previously in the Marvel Cinematic Universe,’ because it will take 25 minutes. [The MCU] isn’t a new thing, it’s an ongoing story that’s organically evolving movie to movie. In the beginning I think [Marvel] did operate as, ‘If this is your first one, it should be as fun as if it were your third one.’ Its a dense ongoing novel at this point.”

Captain America: Civil War Directors: MCU Won't Cater To First-Timers Anymore

They are treating this films like episodes or chapters now. Episodes and chapters don't generally stop the story to remind everyone of what happened 2 chapters ago. At this point either you're up to date or you're getting left behind. There is nothing wrong about that storytelling method for an extended universe.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
@gluvnast doesn't understand the difference between Cap knowing that Bucky killed Tony's parents, and Cap knowing there existed footage of this. Cap might not have known that a tape existed but he had known since The Winter Soldier that Hydra was behind the death of Tony's parents. After Cap and Falcon get a hold of Bucky, Cap asks him what Zemo wanted to know, which were the details of his mission killing Tony's parents. If you can't fill in the gaps from there (Bucky tells Cap and thus Cap knows), then sorry breh, you might wanna stick to watching Christopher Nolan movies were every plot detail is being explained to you in a five minute speech.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
People like Black Widow in this?:why::why:. Her fighting was cool but

Why did she betray Tony and BP?

That corny ass line she said to BP after betraying him:snoop:

I really thought nikkas would be on some:pacspit: BW after this. I know I am:manny:
Maybe
she's known for double crossing people and has zero loyalty to Stark compared to Cap? And she just met BP so like what did that matter?
:skip:

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
I'll address some things that I felt were plotholes tomorrow but I really want to know

How did Cap know Bucky killed Starks parents? Maybe I missed this.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Maybe
she's known for double crossing people and has zero loyalty to Stark compared to Cap? And she just met BP so like what did that matter?
:skip:
Ok but why :dwillhuh:

She was clearly on the side of Tony. TWS tried to kill her multiple times. We just gonna chalk it up to "It's Natasha being Natasha"?